Close DAC.

Make dumb suggestions so we can ignore them. I'm lovin' it.

Let's?

Yes
21%
No
79%

Total votes: 14

PiP
Last, Best Hope of Humanity

Post by PiP »

so, where are the mods? or perhaps more and more people (not only mods) are too busy with their real lives?
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Even this thread, which was free of spam and serious, is now plagued.
Koki
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Koki »

Well then, the only thing DAC members can talk about normally is guns anyway.

And I'm not even kidding. When there was decent thread in GD? We spammed every single thread that was there. The other thing is, there is not much serious threads anymore at all. Just LOOK HERE ITS FUNNEH LAWL.

Why is it like that? Beats me(with an fucking ugly tree).

Maybe we just need active moderation. And by 'active' I don't mean 'posting spam actively'.
Serious Business.
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

There's nothing more sad than a website identity crisis. :no:
ApTyp
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ApTyp »

I make every effort to create news and GD topics that prompt people to say something meaningful. It's not my fault Blargh and Worst Poster Ever are driving collective DAC IQ into the ground.

It is a policy of Teatime not to ban those inbreds, and I fully agree with him. It's not their fault for making DAC a shit plateau. It's YOUR fault for trying to keep up with them. And until you morons wisen up, DAC will remain Sierra Feces thanks to a bunch of retards who are probably NMA spies and saboteurs anyway.
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

*laughs*

It is no fault of mine that I and my actions are beyond your ken. Nonetheless, keep frothing at the mouth, dear ApTyp, for your futile search for a suitable patsy does amuse me. :drunk:
PiP

Post by PiP »

let me say this again:
PiP wrote:
VasikkA wrote:a lot of former members have stopped posting lately(or at least from the time I used to be more active). The massive amount of spam is partially if not wholly to blame for this.
while it shouldn't. The superior intellect of the core members should discourage assholes from posting and not vice versa, ie. core members shouldn't leave just because a hat man or two come to their forum.
Dan
I pwn j00
I pwn j00

Post by Dan »

This is a Fallout site and Fallout is dead, ok.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Koki wrote:Maybe we just need active moderation. And by 'active' I don't mean 'posting spam actively'.
That's the easiest and probably one of the most effective solution there could be.
ApTyp wrote:I make every effort to create news and GD topics that prompt people to say something meaningful. It's not my fault Blargh and Worst Poster Ever are driving collective DAC IQ into the ground.

It is a policy of Teatime not to ban those inbreds, and I fully agree with him. It's not their fault for making DAC a shit plateau. It's YOUR fault for trying to keep up with them. And until you morons wisen up, DAC will remain Sierra Feces thanks to a bunch of retards who are probably NMA spies and saboteurs anyway.
I wouldn't accuse Blargh of anything on this, he's probably one of the most eloquent members here. I don't want to name anyone except myself, here, because I think every somehow takes part in this.

And I agree with Teatime's policy of not banning, but moderating would still be greatly appreciated. Asshatting, locking and moving threads is necessary to every forum, we've been seeing less and less of it in the past weeks.
Dan
I pwn j00
I pwn j00

Post by Dan »

DAC needs a bunch of supermods or something. Like before.
ApTyp
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ApTyp »

Susan, I know that sometimes extreme moderating seems very attractive sometimes, but if we did that, you would've been the first one to go. When you let everyone carry machineguns, you can count on a few major massacres, but don't think about it as a tragedy - think about it as an opportunity. The moment the best of us stop treating DAC as an outlet for our inner dumbass, DAC will stop being a shithole of Fallout communitah.
DarkUnderlord
Paragon
Paragon
Location: I've got a problem with my Goggomobil. Goggo-mobil. G-O-G-G-O. Yeah, 1954. Yeah, no not the Dart.

Post by DarkUnderlord »

S4ur0n27 wrote:Can't you read? I just said I'm just like everyone else, and that something needs to be done.
Delete the forums and start again?

I agree though. Since the incarnation of certain users, a line was crossed and I'm the man behind the line who puts you back behind it... or something. The following users have been confined to the Wastelands until further notice. Each user has, in brackets after their name, direct links to the posts which were deemed to make the user "AssHat Worthy".
  • S4ur0n27 (1)
  • hat_man99 (1)
  • Worst Poster Ever (1)
If you follow the links, you may determine that the "AssHat Worthiness" was defined along a simple measure: If you deleted their posts from the thread, would the post still make sense or would you be losing valuable contributions? There were enough examples that posts simply added nothing meaningful. More to the point, it was an epidemic attitude rather than being on the odd occasion. Each user has been PM'd and informed of this decision (as well as being told when they try to post in a forum other than the Wastelands). This type of shit should be kept to the Wastelands - which is what that forum is for.

If they would like this decision over-turned, they will need to apologise (yes, apologise - as in make an "I'm really very sorry and I'll never do it again" post in the Wastelands where they are confined) or PM The Managementâ„¢ (Teatime - he loves this sort of stuff) with an explanation or defense of their actions and reasons why their behaviour should not be deemed "AssHat Worthy".

The following users were spared (and I felt needed to have special mention that they were spared):
  • Megatron (Funny parody)
  • Blargh (He actually seems to post some reasonable shit)
  • Naked_Lunch (He's kept most of his shit to the Wasteland recently - probably since being warned - if that changes though, he'll join the list)
The Management™ will be reviewing this list and the behaviour of the selected AssHats. We will also review this decision in time¹.

Thank you for your concern.

¹A day, a week, a month - who knows!
Last edited by DarkUnderlord on Wed Jul 06, 2005 8:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ApTyp
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ApTyp »

If you spare Blargh, then I will quit (and so will a dozen of my clones).
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

Whatever happened to the wiles of bicycles, O ApTyp ? For your own sake, I would suggest coming to terms with the simple truth that you cannot stand me. It will make things much clearer for you.

I'd comment upon how glad I am to be spared the bright sword of vindication and so on, but I suspect it would be rather pointless. Aside from the wrath of ApTyp (given a lack of objectivity, does this count ? And if so, why ?), I can't recall any glaring reason(s) why I would be (dis)honourably mentioned as has been so. Emote exclusives, one liners and general bollocks are not unique to me, or Meg and Naked_Lunch for that matter. Most of us dabble from time to time as context and whim takes us. Some more than others. Even the ever judgmental ApTyp, glaring from his self imposed ivory tower of denial, is 'guilty' of such, a cursory search and/or recent memory will confirm this. Bah. Probably best left unanswered, all things considered.

I'd be shocked, if I were not so already. Perpetual. :drunk:
PiP

Post by PiP »

side note: many times one emoticon can say more than a whole paragraph of pseudo-sophisticated babbling.
Subhuman
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by Subhuman »

Susan wrote:Like I said, posting here isn't fun anymore, I already am not getting any satisfaction from DAC, so DAC closing or not doesn't really matter anymore.
So...it's all about you, then?

If you don't like it, leave. That, or stop complaining. This is hardly the worst DAC has seen.

I'd personally love to see it go on as long as it can, with a constant revolving door of regular posters, drama, and spam. We could be the Coronation Street of Internet forums.
vendetta
Wanderer of the Wastes
Wanderer of the Wastes

Post by vendetta »

Subhuman wrote: We could be the Coronation Street of Internet forums.
Shite, I watch Coronation Street. Let me be Dave!
vendetta
Wanderer of the Wastes
Wanderer of the Wastes

Post by vendetta »

More to the point, DaC is a cycle. Just give it a chance.
ExtremeDrinker
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ExtremeDrinker »

I'd post more, but I'm busy with life outside the internet. I don't pay much attention to the new users. Some threads interest me, most don't. I can't tell much difference now than from 3 years ago except the lack of new threads. Seems like threads started 2 months ago when I went on hiatus are pretty much the only active threads. Nothing wrong with that, really.

Give it a month, and people will return, new will come.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Summer time's usually the quiet time anyway.
Our Host!