samurai swords

Talk about music, movies, TV, books, other types of entertainment and what your vices are. Also, if you're addicted to the high you get off Aspirin, this is the place to talk about it.
hat_man99
Bombastic Mullet
Bombastic Mullet

Post by hat_man99 »

I know that fuck tard, spoiled all the fun for everyone else, doesnt stop me though, Remember its only illegal if they find out :drunk:
"Banned in 2 posts" :salute:
Subhuman wrote:A guy ripping open his anus, a man in chaps getting fucked by a horse, and a girl spewing enema all over her face in a bathtub are okay, but a 15 year-old's cock is off-limits. Only on DAC.
King of Creation wrote: Aaannnnnnnnd to the wasteland :salute:
ApTyp
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ApTyp »

Eh, let's not make excuses for politicians who want to save us from ourselves.
hat_man99
Bombastic Mullet
Bombastic Mullet

Post by hat_man99 »

But who will save us from the zombie hordes or the wasteland with out weapons, every knows fallout was only set in America for a couple of reason's

1. most likely to do reaserch in these weapons, annex canada and have alot of power
2.Interplay is American
3. The most important point, America is one of the most gun crazy country on the planet basiclly 4 in 10 people have a 9mm, this is how there is so much ammo and guns in fall out

If that happened in Oz because of those fuck tards we'd be fucked, though the war might not affect us Considering that we are far away from both America and Europe, but the point is that we wouldnt have any weapons to defend our selves, im am currently lobbying to have this changed
hopely it will :drunk:
Last edited by hat_man99 on Fri Jul 01, 2005 2:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Subhuman wrote:A guy ripping open his anus, a man in chaps getting fucked by a horse, and a girl spewing enema all over her face in a bathtub are okay, but a 15 year-old's cock is off-limits. Only on DAC.
ApTyp
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ApTyp »

It's actually more like 1 out of 5 people, but they all have at least half a dozen guns...
hat_man99
Bombastic Mullet
Bombastic Mullet

Post by hat_man99 »

Lucky basterds, then again, 2 in 5 Americans are idiots, so i guess where better off, rather have a guy who if he had a gun wouldnt burst fire me in the back then Ian the American
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

Afew Points

Canada has an almost equally as high percentage of gun owners actually.

Desert Eagles suck ass, you're better off with an Automag V. Regardless, inclose guns are pretty shitty, especially compared with a knife, bayonette, etc.

Bugei is a pretty good sword company when it comes to producing Katanas, especially since they're not exactly a Japanese company. Their forging techniques are better then say Paul Chen and makes the swords alot more durable. I still prefer a more traditional Japanese swordsmith when it comes to this sort of thing, but since Japanese Swordsmiths are limited to 32 swords a year by the Japanese government, the Bugei trading company is a good alternative thats also a might bit cheaper in my opinion.

They also offer Juttes, which are rarer to find then some readly known weapons.

Now if only I could find a good spear maker. Those are abit harder to find then Katanas.
PiP
Last, Best Hope of Humanity
Last, Best Hope of Humanity

Post by PiP »

now, seriously, why do you people buy melee weapons? to have a sexy room or something? or to actually become a loon and hurt some people with it?
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

I guess it compensates their penis size.
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

PiP wrote:or to actually become a loon and hurt some people with it?
I find it only streamlines an altogether simple and painless process, fairly superfluous, really. In short - YES.

Be glad that opposable thumbs have not yet been prohibited. :drunk:
ApTyp
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ApTyp »

A good dagger is excellent utility/self-defense weapon. Even better if the handle has a bottle opener claw :drunk:
Lynxer
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Lynxer »

I prefer blunt, rigid swords of European origin over the more subte, agile and elegant oriental designs . I'm in the possesion of a medieval specimen myself that I bought on a trip to the south of Germany 6 years ago. It's nothing exceptional, just an ordinary knightly sword with a design that dates from the 15th century. It is almost pleonastic to emphasize on a medieval swords modesty.

If i were to lucky to have loads of money at the ready the sword below would be my purchase of choice.
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

VasikkA wrote:I guess it compensates their penis size.
People who generally worry about other people "compensating" for penis sizes are just compensating for themselves cause it make them feel better and more secure.

Some people buy them to train I guess. As Aptyp said, knives are still great weapons up close and are preferable over a gun.....but only at that point. Small melee weapons are also alot more readibly hideable and don't require a permit to own, register, etc and are just as deadly in the hands of someone who knows how to use them (Sharp end goes in, that's pretty much it) as any firearm.

Stuff like Iado and such exist for the sole purpose of training the mind, which is why I imagine a majority of serious practicioners buy them; most swordsmen now adays know that unless they're allowed to carry their swords with them where ever they go, they'll most likely never use them. It's more a discipline/concentration builder thing. Plus.....it's somewhat applicable as long as you have a sword like object.

Other then that, I'm betting 99% of swords bought are just for decoration and so some guy can pick up drunk chicks.
Spazmo
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by Spazmo »

Wolfman Walt wrote:Canada has an almost equally as high percentage of gun owners actually.
I am, of course, speaking out of my ass, but most Canadian firearms are hunting weapons. I don't believe things like pistols are legal for private ownership. In my mind, this reduces gun crimes because it's kind of hard for a mugger to hide a 12 gauge in his coat as opposed to a .38.
How appropriate. You fight like a cow.

RPG Codex
Thor Kaufman
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Thor Kaufman »

Spazmo wrote:
Wolfman Walt wrote:Canada has an almost equally as high percentage of gun owners actually.
I am, of course, speaking out of my ass, but most Canadian firearms are hunting weapons. I don't believe things like pistols are legal for private ownership. In my mind, this reduces gun crimes because it's kind of hard for a mugger to hide a 12 gauge in his coat as opposed to a .38.
No, it's because Canadians don't close their house doors. :crazy:
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

Spazmo wrote:it's kind of hard for a mugger to hide a 12 gauge in his coat as opposed to a .38.

People get creative. The correct wear and anything becomes hideable with the right adjustments. Doesn't matter though cause you are speaking out of your ass in regards to handguns. Handguns are legal for ownership, theres just an ammo limit, calibur, barrel length, etc. according to the canadian firearms center.

Spazmo

Post by Spazmo »

Wolfman Walt wrote:Doesn't matter though cause you are speaking out of your ass in regards to handguns. Handguns are legal for ownership, theres just an ammo limit, calibur, barrel length, etc. according to the canadian firearms center.
Well, that's alarming.
How appropriate. You fight like a cow.

RPG Codex
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

If it makes you feel better, you have to have a special license and most thugs just don't like sitting in class....not that it matters. Criminals generally don't get their guns through normal means anyways.

I think it's interesting in the fact that if I'm reading this right, you only need to be 18 to get the license, you have to be 21 in the United States.
hat_man99
Bombastic Mullet
Bombastic Mullet

Post by hat_man99 »

Probebly because unlike Americans most Canadians can take out the hate on the local wild life hunting, tracking etc.
While most Americans have to deal with there urban surroundings and go for the closet enemy to humanity, its self, so it all works out i guess
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

I've never really understood the OMG SELF-PROTECTION gimmick with handguns. Of course, the fact that the largest urban center in Finland is occupied by barely 500 000 people might have something to do with it, I'm not saying it wouldn't be much more dangerous to live in, say, LA with it's 14 million or so inhabitants... But still. There's plenty of firearms around here as well, but like 99% of them are hunting weapons. Handgun ownership is strictly governed, so basically if anyone ever sees / hears that you've got, well, a 9 mm pistol for example, then you're either a cop, an army guy or a crook. And I guess the uniform cuts out the former two, so pretty much anyone with a handgun owns it illegaly and therefore is easy catch to be arrested or some shit. Because, you know, decent people don't get handguns because they don't have a lisence to do so, if you've got one you're propably going to use it for something*morbid* or *malicious*.

^_^
hat_man99
Bombastic Mullet
Bombastic Mullet

Post by hat_man99 »

Amen to that brother, but some people have them not for so called 'evil purposes' some are for scaring muggers
Also maybe if you have to youthinise severly injured animals and its also useful for shooting protesters :dance:
Our Host!