Wonderful news!

Mapping & modding Fallout Tactics and reviewing maps thereof.
Izno
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Wonderful news!

Post by Izno »

something just hit me like a brick wall.remember i asked how to make an npc use a consumable?NO NEED!just equip it yourself and use it on them :d:d:d this way its possible to give npcs better stats, hp, etc, etc..
i was looking for a way do to this, now i can get my guards to get a bit beefed up when i have the supplies!yay!
just a little question/flaw in it: how do you make a consumable effect last forever?or is that not possible?maybe if i just put the time to be 99999999 hours or something?ive also noticed that if i turn off the 'temporary effect' tick it simply disables the effect instead of it being permanent or temporary.
edit:if my post is a bit crazy its because ive spent all night looking for something like this :d
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by requiem_for_a_starfury »

Unticking the temporary effect box does work, that's how the elixir of life works. Make sure you are unticking the right one, either the one under the primary effect or the final effect IIRC, depending on what you want to happen.
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Izno
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Izno »

oh ok :D thanks ill go try it.i'm gonna make something so its possible to give different modified holodisks to robots to give them more stats and stuff.and modified chems for people.
oh and im shure this sounds a bit noobish but is there an xp limit in the game?because i know characters can go well over lvl 24, but i dont know if its possible in-game.
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Level 50. IIRC Robots aren't affected by drugs, only organic actors and turrets.
Izno
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Izno »

omg i thought i was gonna get a heart-attack.not for robots?apparently not :(.but changing them to uniquehumanoid race does the trick.would it work if i made it any other race?would this cause strange things or not?
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Which other race? Unique Other? Try it and see.
Izno
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Izno »

well yes and other races.it would only be for the killscreen though so it doesnt really matter.
I'm having a problem with making items disappear from inventory.
I need some trigger so when the player works with some terminals he gives them an empty holodisk.Now the problem is if I use tagname the player can give one of the tagged disks to the first terminal, but it doesnt work anymore for other terminals(he doesnt give any terminals a disk anymore).
I think its because of multiple instances of same tagname.After giving a disk to the first terminal there are two instances of disks with the same tag, one or more on player and one in the terminal.So scripts don't work anymore on that tag(I think).
But before any disk can be given i need a check to see if the player actually has one...
Is this possible?Is there some other way to check for items in player inventory and remove them?
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

We had this problem with removing the starting items, the give item from human to npc command doesn't like multiple tagnames full stop. From NPC to human will work with trading umpteen tagged items but from human to npc will only trade one item and won't move equipped items, even using multiple preserved triggers.

If you want to count the player's inventory the items can have all the same tagname, but to trade them each item would need a seperate tagname.

If the terminal is an actor, race object or UniqueOther, like those in the Cheyenne Mountain mission, you can just tick them to barter and have a trigger to count if the terminal has more than 0 items tagged.
Izno
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Izno »

Yes I thought about bartering but felt rather not since the player has to get certain other items from the terminals.But I just went for using specialized holodisks anyway.
How do you make a trigger count?You mean like actually counting 1, 2, 3 of an item if an actor gets them?
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Make the other items unlootable in the level editor, then use the give from npc command.

Just have triggers set to go off if player has more than whatever number tagged.
Our Host!