Arena Pitfight and some random attacking raiders in it.

Mapping & modding Fallout Tactics and reviewing maps thereof.
Izno
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Arena Pitfight and some random attacking raiders in it.

Post by Izno »

Hello again.Sorry for the second post but i needed to put this idea in the world.did anyone ever try an arena pitfight?to see what happens when you put a deatchlaw in a punchfight with a SM?well i can tell you the deathclaw wins all the time.i prolly used some wrong generic actor :p but hey i was just prying around in a new interest.
Anyway, when i got a bit further (and found out its impossible to spawn something just like that) i got to thinking : what if my little town was attacked by some raiders?obviously they would end up dead,theyr just some raiders.but what if i want more fun out of that attacking wave of raiders?the idea ; to make them surrender and go to the prison when 90% of them is dead.and their they'll be healed and stripped of any items and armor.to fight some deathclaw or giant rat and die.just kindve a farfetch'd way to kill some raiders.:)
Can anyone comment if this can be done?i know i can at least make them surrender and go to the jail, stripping them of armor&stuff might be tricky, but the idea is, since i use a PI for the beastfights scripts, i could change the raiders pi to the beastfight's, enabling them to fight. so if someone could help with getting rid of their armors...
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Re: Arena Pitfight and some random attacking raiders in it.

Post by requiem_for_a_starfury »

Izno wrote:Hello again.Sorry for the second post but i needed to put this idea in the world.did anyone ever try an arena pitfight?
Melee Meltdown is a cage fight, if you make a SM prefab or use it with the Races mod you can fight hand 2 hand with deathclaws, mutants, humans and robots.
Izno wrote:Can anyone comment if this can be done?i know i can at least make them surrender and go to the jail, stripping them of armor&stuff might be tricky, but the idea is, since i use a PI for the beastfights scripts, i could change the raiders pi to the beastfight's, enabling them to fight. so if someone could help with getting rid of their armors...
You wouldn't be able to strip them, just transfer them to the pit, deactivate them and then activate unarmed clones in their place. Though you'd need to script it to tell how many clones to activate depending on how many survived to surrender.
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Izno
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Izno »

well it was more the idea to have a pit fight between deathclaws/sm/raiders, just enemies in general.i wanted to do some betting thing but thats a bit much right now.and about the armor, i guess i'll let them wear it, no real problems there.
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by requiem_for_a_starfury »

Betting, just have two different bookies. One giving odds on the deathclaw the other on the mutant. Have a trigger that sets a variable if you give money to one or the other, then depending on who wins and which variable has been set use a trigger to transfer x amount of money back to the player when you next click on the bookie.

Only thing is the transfer trigger will move everything that has the same tagname so it might be better to have the bookie give you a betting slip that's worth x rps and then you could trade that in at the cashier.
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Our Host!