batman

Talk about music, movies, TV, books, other types of entertainment and what your vices are. Also, if you're addicted to the high you get off Aspirin, this is the place to talk about it.

best villian...

joker and the nicholson dance
100%
penguin and the guns
No votes
the money guy
No votes
arnold
No votes
50/50
No votes

Total votes: 10

MR Snake
Chinderella
Chinderella

Post by MR Snake »

The next Batman will probably be about the dark knight, so it wont be batman at all.
Do these glasses and my two chins make me look sexy?
Naked_Lunch

Post by Naked_Lunch »

The Dark Knight? Is that like Malcom X or something?
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

It was good but it had some annoying stuff in it. During the fight scenes you can barely tell whats going on since its all a blur because it changes camera angles like 50 times in a second. I don't know if it was done to make it look like a BAT fighting or it was just shitty camera work.

Everything else in the movie was well done. Everyone in it did a good job acting.

SPOILLLERS
The vaporizer didn't annoy me as much as when his family is exiting a super fancy opera and it leads right into a dirty ass ghetto with a hobo.
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
MR Snake
Chinderella
Chinderella

Post by MR Snake »

Naked_Lunch wrote:The Dark Knight? Is that like Malcom X or something?
the Dark Knight is I believe Robin in the future where he completely takes over for Batman and he stays as an advicer.
Do these glasses and my two chins make me look sexy?
hat_man99
Bombastic Mullet
Bombastic Mullet

Post by hat_man99 »

MR Snake wrote:
Naked_Lunch wrote:The Dark Knight? Is that like Malcom X or something?
the Dark Knight is I believe Robin in the future where he completely takes over for Batman and he stays as an advicer.
I thought bat man would never die or as such retire, he would be like 007, reborn looking different, talking different and doing different things, with crapper plots :drunk:
"Banned in 2 posts" :salute:
Subhuman wrote:A guy ripping open his anus, a man in chaps getting fucked by a horse, and a girl spewing enema all over her face in a bathtub are okay, but a 15 year-old's cock is off-limits. Only on DAC.
King of Creation wrote: Aaannnnnnnnd to the wasteland :salute:
Spazmo
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by Spazmo »

The Dark Knight is just Batman, like the Man of Steel is Superman.

Pooper: They did leave the opera house by the back alley exit, so it's not that implausible... still, you'd think it'd be a nicer neighborhood.
How appropriate. You fight like a cow.

RPG Codex
Ashmo
Respected
Respected

Post by Ashmo »

The adult Robin is Nightwing as far as I remember.

He works alongside Batman but is a lot more independant than Robin.

Damn, I hope this movie is anything like the Kult comics. Batman 1 was pretty close, Batman 2 had a little too much romance in it (although it's hard to avoid that if you put Catwoman in it) and after that it went downhill (you couldn't take Batman Forever serious at all and Batman & Robin was too full of present-day pop culture with a homoerotic frat boy sidekick in a Robin attire).
M2K wrote:HELLO
Dan wrote:LEAVE.
hat_man99
Bombastic Mullet
Bombastic Mullet

Post by hat_man99 »

after that it went downhill (you couldn't take Batman Forever serious at all and Batman & Robin was too full of present-day pop culture with a homoerotic frat boy sidekick in a Robin attire).
Which confirmed Batman and Robin to be one big gay joke :dance:

Edit: Batman ruled before that, then they fucked him up, making him a shitty procesed charactor, and a gay joke D: Before the movie he was cool, now he isnt, thats the american/hollywood way for ya D;

Fuck tha media

:drunk:
Subhuman wrote:A guy ripping open his anus, a man in chaps getting fucked by a horse, and a girl spewing enema all over her face in a bathtub are okay, but a 15 year-old's cock is off-limits. Only on DAC.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

The fact Val Kilmer and George fucking Clooney played as Batman doesn't help.
hat_man99
Bombastic Mullet
Bombastic Mullet

Post by hat_man99 »

Did they?!? D:

Thats even worse D;
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

Did anyone else have a problem with the fight scenes or was it just me?
Spazmo

Post by Spazmo »

No, I agree. The fight scenes were annoying because you couldn't see what the hell was going on. I think they do all these fast cuts and blurry shots to give the impression of things moving fast but the end result is that you can't see what the hell is going on.

DIRECTORS OF THE WORLD: Fight scenes are really easy. Just point the camera at the people who are fighting. Leave it there for a little while. Ta daa!

RPG Codex
hat_man99
Bombastic Mullet
Bombastic Mullet

Post by hat_man99 »

I was a camera guy and its not that easy cos they slip out of the shot alot, so the camera has to be moving all the time, to keep up with the shitty fake fights
Aonaran
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Aonaran »

Visually the new batman was amazing, also the acting and actors they got were amazing. Still I expected more from Chris Nolan and was utlimately dissappointed when I saw how many action movie cliches he depended on. The fights were lack luster as was the car chase and most all of the overabundant comic relief. The characters were very well portrayed and they somehow pulled off the Scarecrow character, pretty badass stuff. I think with the amount of darkness presented they could have made a really good movie, if you are going to make a dark movie though make a dark movie, the comic relief killed alot of the momentum.
Spazmo

Post by Spazmo »

I thought Scarecrow was pretty weak. I loved the idea of the villain and he was mostly really great, but at the end, he just gets zapped by the girl's taser and fucks off out of the movie. A bit of a pushover, no?

RPG Codex
Aonaran
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Aonaran »

True, but then again in seeing the movie you know the state of mind he was in. Batman himself was in considerably worse shape when under the same influence, so I wouldn't quite call him a push over. Plus the visual appearance as well as the coldness of the actor really worked. I thoguht he was a pretty badass villan, still i'm looking forward to Nolan's interpretation of the Joker and think it should surpass.
Nicolai
ASSHAT
ASSHAT

Post by Nicolai »

Hm, I heard that Nolan was thinking about having Mark Hamill play the Joker.
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by King of Creation »

Nolan doesn't even know if he's going to do the next movie yet.
<a href="http://www.duckandcover.cx">Duck and Cover: THE Site for all of your Fallout needs since 1998</a>
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

They aren't going to remake the first one or do a different take on it, are they? My friend asked me that right after they showed the SPOILER card at the end, and I said "I doubt they would."

Scarecrow was a pushover but it basically just set it up for a sequal, since he kinda taged Liam neilson into the ring while he took a break.
Aonaran
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Aonaran »

Don't see Scarecrow as a pushover myself. He didn't swordfight batman or fight him hand to hand, still he came closer to killing him than any villan in the film. Granted he wasn't Darth Vader or Darth Maul evil (not huge starwars fan but still the analogy fits) but he was Darth Sidious evil, he used fear and manipulation (which if i'm not mistaken was one of the major themes of the movie) to create an army of evil and nearly kill "the bat man". I thought he fit perfectly and was counterbalanced pretty effectively with Liam Neeson who was a more physical antagonist. What I am hoping is that they will rewrite the history a bit and make Rutger Hauer's character Two-face. I figure he was too big an actor in too small a role not to come back later in the franchise as a villan. While I don't think that is who he will be of all the villans I could think of for him to play that would be the one i'd hope for the most.
Our Host!