Main menu screen for Wasteland merc 2

Discuss the creation and scripting of new fan-made games and mods for the Fallout series of games.

Wich one should we go with

pic number 1
33%
pic number 2
20%
pic number 3
47%

Total votes: 15

Haris
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Main menu screen for Wasteland merc 2

Post by Haris »

Well we scratched all 3 pics that where in the poll.

And we picked this one.

Last edited by Haris on Fri Jul 15, 2005 9:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by requiem_for_a_starfury »

Pic 3, at least it might have some relevance to the mod title. Pic one is a complete mess, what is it a screen grab form the nuked_brahmin.BIK? It just looks like a black blob, pic 2 would more be suited if it was a prequel.
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
hat_man99
Bombastic Mullet
Bombastic Mullet

Post by hat_man99 »

To be honest they all ant to good but pic 3 if i had to choose from them
"Banned in 2 posts" :salute:
Subhuman wrote:A guy ripping open his anus, a man in chaps getting fucked by a horse, and a girl spewing enema all over her face in a bathtub are okay, but a 15 year-old's cock is off-limits. Only on DAC.
King of Creation wrote: Aaannnnnnnnd to the wasteland :salute:
Naked_Lunch

Post by Naked_Lunch »

Pic 2 because it looks cooler.
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

Is that an elephant in pic 1?

salutations,
cheers atoga :pelvic: :thrust:
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Had pic 2 been a tad bit more clearer, it would've been my choice... But now I guess the overly muscled, ridicilously dual-wielding, screaming latino guy takes my vote.
Naked_Lunch

Post by Naked_Lunch »

For some reason, the guy in pic 3 reminds me of you, kashluk, or maybe Extremo Ryno. I dunno.
Haris
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Haris »

Well its all taken from tactics. If everyone ends up hating these than i will just go the easy way and take some load screen or some art work from eather fallout 1 or 2. For that i wont even have to make poll cause everyone loves those anyway.
Nicolai
ASSHAT
ASSHAT

Post by Nicolai »

Hm, yeah.. The guy in pic 3 really does look like Kashluk.
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by King of Creation »

atoga wrote:Is that an elephant in pic 1?
That's what I thought too.
<a href="http://www.duckandcover.cx">Duck and Cover: THE Site for all of your Fallout needs since 1998</a>
Naked_Lunch

Post by Naked_Lunch »

I think it looks like a moose.
Haris
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Haris »

Its a brahmin bull i think. :?
hat_man99
Bombastic Mullet
Bombastic Mullet

Post by hat_man99 »

Maybe but for all we know it could be Bill Clinton coming back into office :chew:
"Banned in 2 posts" :salute:
Subhuman wrote:A guy ripping open his anus, a man in chaps getting fucked by a horse, and a girl spewing enema all over her face in a bathtub are okay, but a 15 year-old's cock is off-limits. Only on DAC.
King of Creation wrote: Aaannnnnnnnd to the wasteland :salute:
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by King of Creation »

Good lord that would be amazing.
<a href="http://www.duckandcover.cx">Duck and Cover: THE Site for all of your Fallout needs since 1998</a>
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

The guy in pic3 reminded me of Ron perlman.
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
Haris
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Haris »

Well so far it seems like we are gonna use pic 3. Or does anyone think we really should stick with fallout 1 & 2 art work instead of using tactics artwork? :chew:
The_Pastmaster
SDF!
SDF!

Post by The_Pastmaster »

I do...
There was once a man why asked a stupid
question, he died...

The sence moral is: The last Los stupido idioto
is not borne yet...
Brahmin
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Brahmin »

Personally I would reconmend making some original artwork, but if that is out of the question then I would go with some from the original games. If you decide to stick with pic 3, I reconmend that you move your logo up a bit so that it is clearer.
Voice actor for Nuclear Winter Studios Working on Mutants Rising Administrator of Hairy-Barbarian.com
Haris
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Haris »

Well actually some 3d artist joined up in the WM2 team. And dam he is good at making original in game artwork. Guns, scenery and stuff like that. I wish there was alot more i could reveal about Wasteland merc 2 cause it is gonna be greatest released mod when it comes out. At least for a year or 2 before MR and FMF are released.

Plus Miran is reading Computer science at university and his scripting skills have overided mine by miles. He is making huge crafting tree that will be run from a computer in a big factory to craft all items with skill requirments and resources needed.

So its not gonna be level based as Wasteland merc 1 was. Instead if you want to get weapons and ammo for smallguns you will have to raise repair skill. And if you want energy weapons and ammo for it and high end armors you will need to raise high science.

Plus we are implementing mining in to the game and you will need outdoorsman for cooking food that you hunt in wasteland. And it will be used instead of stimpaks for healing when you eat it. Well there is tons more. But basicly you will be able to play as just a crafter that makes stuff and sells it off to brotherhood or to slavers if you want to be evil.

Oh and if someone thinks he would be cool in the mod as a static talking head character than you can visit wasteland merc webpage and apply there. Rules for applying are written there.
Finesse
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Finesse »

King of Creation wrote:
atoga wrote:Is that an elephant in pic 1?
That's what I thought too.
Its a dam bizon... you know? They roamed all of northamerica for many, many years until all the settlers shot them all for there hides, and now theres only a few thousand of them left. Remember the indians use to kill them by running them off of a cliff? and make jerky meat, and all sorts of other crap

here's a pic to clear things up for you guys

And to tell you the truth, there all not really good... you copied your other mainmenu where is said 'wastelandmerc' from your other main menu screen and pasted it in, you lost lots of picture quality from the original pictures... I could rant more but I think you get the point

You got to stop using MSpaint! Its crap! Dont use it... EVER again! That is if you want to make decent looking frms...

You might wanna get a real photo editing program also, like adobe photoshop...

If you want I could make you a main menu screen... or tell you how the nicer way to make a mainmenu screen if you want ;)
Haris wrote:Well actually some 3d artist joined up in the WM2 team.
Your still gonna need a decent artist... since most stuff in fallout is 2d

keep up the good work!
Our Host!