Entirely new story and setting

Discuss the game that started it all, and its sequel. Technical questions and issues go into the Fallout Technical Support forum, not here.
Nicholas Wolfwood
SDF!
SDF!

Entirely new story and setting

Post by Nicholas Wolfwood »

Instead of new location, or new timeline, i think it should be entirely new, like being on an different planet, different reason why the world is in fallout, and different characters and such, for example a setting like Halo where an alien race invaded but the humans nuked the planet to defend it, making it a desolate hellhole, or all but the one country was destroyed, making it the survivors against it, and instead of Squad/Turn Based RPG, why not a first person, strategy or MMORPG!!!!!!!!!!!

Ive thought up of what the characters could be like, for example the main character could be like a cross between the Wanderer and Vash the Stampede or a Genome soldier like Snake.

But if its the same old earth and so on, taking it from PcGamer, i'd like to see more Technological/Supernatural/Alien stuff, like a second Arrmageddon, Megalith, and so on. Technological stuff could be a Hosbital Haven called Eden where a clan or group like the BOS or Enclave created, and if not that then a Barren Concrete Jungle that is New York City after the Nukes went off.
"Dont worry about bullets with your name on them, worry about grenades addressed to 'Occupant'".

"Death is the natural state of animals. For, in inaction, all animals die."
Grand Lord Penguin
Respected
Respected
Location: The secret underground lair- er, dojo of the Penguin style Kung-Fu

Post by Grand Lord Penguin »

::Takes pointy stick from ToaBP::

::Stabs Wolfwood (2 Os! NOT ONE!) in the eye with aforementioned pointy stick::

Good ideas for another game, NOT Fallout.

::Twists pointy stick::
Black Mage: She better have an antidote for FACE STABBIN'! 'Cause, ooh, her face is so stabbed when we get back!
Strap
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Strap »

*Sadly agrees with Penguin

*pulls out dildie (i swear its not mine!)
*helps penquin stab you
Nicholas Wolfwood
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Nicholas Wolfwood »

Ow, Alright that is true.... theen Fallout 3 should still be on Earth but Make it Isreal or sumthin!!!!!!!!! Otherwise have it on the east coast because im sick of it always being in the midwest, i'd like to have heavy urban destroyed combat.
"Dont worry about bullets with your name on them, worry about grenades addressed to 'Occupant'".

"Death is the natural state of animals. For, in inaction, all animals die."
Grand Lord Penguin
Respected
Respected

::Grabs another pointy stick::

One: FO and FO2 take place in California! On the west coast. Not the midwest.

::Stabs Woolfewood (correct spelling again) through the eye::

Two: The East coast has, you know, that place...where the leader of the freaking USA lives! You really think anything could've survived the massive amount of nukes that fell on NYC, DC, Philadelphia or Boston?

::Twists stick::

Three: Fallout will always stay in the US. Besides, Israel sucks, because it is small (not good), there are different languages (not good) and it's currently in the news (censorship? YOU BETCHA!).

::Lights pointy stick on fire::

EDIT: Israel sucks for a game. I have no real feelings for the actual country of Israel, nor do I feel any bias to the two warring factions.
Black Mage: She better have an antidote for FACE STABBIN'! 'Cause, ooh, her face is so stabbed when we get back!
Saint_Proverbius
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Saint_Proverbius »

Not to mention that the direction Fallout is going under Chris Avellone is that FEV created everything you see, life-wise. That pretty much roots Fallout on the West Coast since that's where the FEV was.

Also, nearly everything in Fallout is U.S. Military based. Combat Armor is U.S., Power Armor, Plasma Rifles, etc. Vault-Tec style vaults are also U.S.
------------------
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Yup... and even how much we'd like to see how other countries survived the WW3 - there isn't a chance!

FO happens in California and it WILL happen in California.

Amen!
Outlander
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Outlander »

Could you poke him with that stick again please??

I would personaly like it to be located on the east coast, since we have already seen the west, and middle of the US in BOS.
Jesus is dead! Get over it!
Outlander
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Outlander »

You really think anything could've survived the massive amount of nukes that fell on NYC, DC, Philadelphia or Boston?

Hey like I live in VA, some website said if a 25 megaton nuke hit DC the framework of my house would still be standing, cool hugh! hehehe....
Jesus is dead! Get over it!
Radoteur
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Radoteur »

No way.
No. No. No.

How the heck is the story going to be able to cross those mountains and still be tied to the original story.

In FO3, they need to stick to the FO storyline.
If it was any different they wouldn't be able to name it Fallout 3.

It would be named something like: Global Thermonuclear War!

"Let's play Global Thermonuclear War!"
- A wise, but slightly demented man
Saint_Proverbius
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Outlander wrote:I would personaly like it to be located on the east coast, since we have already seen the west, and middle of the US in BOS.
We've seen the Midwest in FOT, and it didn't have much Fallout in it.

Super mutants using fuel depots that still had fuel, despite there being no more petroleum left in anywhere other than the Oil Rig? Neat. :roll:

I wouldn't mind Fallout 3 being set in the midwest just to overwrite the lameness that was FOT.
------------------
danferry
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by danferry »

How about taking place after FO2, in Oregon. Some skinheads (neo-nazi's, racists, whatever) from Idaho decide that its time to reclaim the world for the white HUMANS? :drinking:
I support everyones right to make a fool of themselves.:chainsaw:

I just wish I didn't do it so often.
:yikes:
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

It would be a one big, happy 'n' empty planet after that :D
Saint_Proverbius
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

danferry wrote:Some skinheads (neo-nazi's, racists, whatever) from Idaho decide that its time to reclaim the world for the white HUMANS? :drinking:
That's kind of what Fallout 2 was, in case you missed it.
------------------
Constipated BladeRunner
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Constipated BladeRunner »

everyone agrees- it wouldnt work
Yea, Iam pretty new.
Could someone view my idea so I dont feel like a poser? :cry:
Constipated BladeRunner
Wanderer
Wanderer

could I barrow your pointy stick?
I need to use it on the Diabloplanet forums
Grand Lord Penguin
Respected
Respected

::Stabs CBR in the eye with pointy stick::

That's for actually going on a Diablow forum.

Now,, don't get me wrong, I like the clickfest that is Diablo when I have no money for something else (like Way of the Samurai...I want...) and want to kill some braincells for an hour or two, but...c'mon, if you really need to talk about clicking on a monster over and over until it explodes...

Besides, the pointy stick thing is from the Thread of a Billion Posts on Feelings Online (read: the new Glove Smacking Mofos).

But sure, go ahead.

Anyway, to review:

Woolfewood (correct spelling again) has somewhat decent ideas...for another game.

FOT is BAD

White sppremicists would make FO reeeeal empty.
Ghetto Goose
Strider of the Wastes
Strider of the Wastes

Post by Ghetto Goose »

that make even LESS black peolpe in the fallout universe...i'm still waiting for payback from making Lynette black. How is it theres only ONE black woman in all of north america?
Rat Keeng
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Rat Keeng »

Grand Lord Penguin wrote: ...c'mon, if you really need to talk about clicking on a monster over and over until it explodes...
And how many people on this forum spend most of their time talking about Fallout? I've posted on Diablo forums before, it's not like people talk about Diablo, they're mainly about programming and hacking (or t-shirt ninjas).

Ghetto Goose wrote:How is it theres only ONE black woman in all of north america?
And a bitchy one at that :roll:
Constipated BladeRunner
Wanderer
Wanderer

While there were several characters in FO1 that where black (albeit mostly in V13), the lack of african americans in FO2 was almost excuseable- Its like making a movie about the holocaust where every other german soldier is black- one of the main subjects of the fallout series is the problem of bigotry in the world, and the amount of African Americans (or lack there of) is made to emphasize this point.
Lyn was black to emphasize the hyppocracy of her condoning slavery. I read it on an interview once
Our Host!