What's on the Jersey Shore?

Talk about music, movies, TV, books, other types of entertainment and what your vices are. Also, if you're addicted to the high you get off Aspirin, this is the place to talk about it.
johnnygothisgun
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

What's on the Jersey Shore?

Post by johnnygothisgun »

Zenyatta Mondatta by The Police and Boston's first album, both on vinyl, that's what. And what's more, I paid only thirty beans.

They were charging a little more than I wanted to pay for albums by Jethro Tull, The Kinks, Jefferson Airplane, and others.
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

I dunno, that's a little steep. If you look hard enough, you can get almost anything - and I do mean anything - on vinyl for less than 5 bucks Canadian. Of course, condition does vary. Good choices though, kid.
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

You need to roam little stores downtown and you can find anything used D:
St. Toxic
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by St. Toxic »

I just borrow and duplicate, works much better. Got a box full of empty disks left.
johnnygothisgun
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

They were used - I think it's probably been a few years since they pressed either album on vinyl. You know, like twenty.

Prices were higher than they would have been if I had gone into Philly, but I would have had to go on Southstreet to get a good deal, and there's too many weiners to deal with, so I avoid it like the plague.
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

You can still get a lot of classic albums newly pressed on vinyl, but they usually run the range of $20-30. There's a lot of demand for new albums by 'trendy' artists to be pressed on vinyl as well (off the top of my head, you can get Godspeed You Black Emperor albums on vinyl).
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
MurPHy
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by MurPHy »

atoga wrote:You can still get a lot of classic albums newly pressed on vinyl, but they usually run the range of $20-30. There's a lot of demand for new albums by 'trendy' artists to be pressed on vinyl as well (off the top of my head, you can get Godspeed You Black Emperor albums on vinyl).
Why the hell would someone want a new album on vinyl? It sounds like shit compared to CD.
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

Irrelevant. Who listens to music for the sound ? It is all for the image. You naive fool. :drunk:
johnnygothisgun
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

As proven by:

Edit: Oh. I thought you meant the imagery invoked by the lyrics and musical progressions. Nevermind, then.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

I thought vinyl quality was still superior to CD, but it's just more expensive to produce and it's a lot more prone to decay of quality?
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

MurPHy wrote:Why the hell would someone want a new album on vinyl? It sounds like shit compared to CD.
Uhh, no? It sounds a lot better, provided it's without scratches or any junk like that. I don't know where you're coming from.
johnnygothisgun
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Forgive him, my man. He's most likely not heard a record in such condition, which is understandable.

I can assure you, when you've got a turntable with some decent speakers and you put on something that's seen very little playtime, what you hear is going to be better than CD quality - the only issue is that just about every time you play said record, it will sound almost imperceptibly less impressive, and after a while, you certainly do start to notice it.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Yay, my point has been prooven! :dance:
Our Host!