Duel wield weapons

Since Bethesda decided to make Fallout 3, we figured we might as well have a forum about it.
Cuthbert Allgood
Regular
Regular

Duel wield weapons

Post by Cuthbert Allgood »

I personally would like to see F03 with the duel wield option, definatly would make pistols more compelling to use.
"First comes smiles, then lies. Last is gunfire."
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by King of Creation »

I could definitely see this being an option. Dual Wielding is becoming a more and more prevalent thing for combat in games today, I don't see why Bethesda wouldn't want to make it an option.
<a href="http://www.duckandcover.cx">Duck and Cover: THE Site for all of your Fallout needs since 1998</a>
Cuthbert Allgood
Regular
Regular

I was actually thinking of emailing them...
Ernesto
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Ernesto »

If there's one thing I don't want to see in FO 3, it's a hardkore raider rushing out of a building blazing duel desert eagles at me. I don't think we should have duel pistols/machine guns in Fallout 3, it wouldn't seem, you know, retro. 'Tis a wrong thang.

Duel blades are a possible maybe, but duel guns are definitely out of the question. Just because it's seen in game combat more and more, doesn't mean Fallout 3 should give in to this "peer pressure."
Cuthbert Allgood
Regular
Regular

Yeah, I could settle with twin blades. But still dueling pistols isnt to far fetched as power armor<gotta love p armour though> they would have to add a skill for dueling and even maybe a perk or two.
Kahgan
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by Kahgan »

I wouldn't mind as long as it's balanced and as long as it's not an easy thing to hit anything with dual desert eagles or dual .44 revolvers...or dual 14mm for that matter :chew:
BRING BACK CENTERED DAC!

REGIN* FOR KING OF NORWAY!

http://forum.nwsgames.net/index.php
ApTyp
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ApTyp »

Take any two weakest handguns you can find and go to the range. Try your idea. Realize that you're an idiot. Shut up forever.
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by King of Creation »

But gangstas do it all the time in the hood across town.
<a href="http://www.duckandcover.cx">Duck and Cover: THE Site for all of your Fallout needs since 1998</a>
ExtremeDrinker
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ExtremeDrinker »

And that's why they mainly hit houses and parked cars 3 blocks away rather than their homies.
Fez
Strider of the Wastes
Strider of the Wastes

Post by Fez »

A winner is you.
Don't hate him because he's beautiful.

"Everyone's a girl when they're face down."
St. Toxic
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by St. Toxic »

Who cares? Put it in and add a 100% aiming penalty, so that only complete morons are compelled to use it. It'll be like an insider joke, hihi. :drunk:
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

"hihi" indeed. I would have to concur!
Ashmo
Respected
Respected

Post by Ashmo »

1. It's "dual wielding" -- unless you're talking about duel weapons, which are not exactly meant to be used in a real combat because you're only expected to shoot them once (because after that shot one of both duelants should be dead).

2. Dual pistols don't work unless you like straining your wrist while being unable to hit a barn from one meter away.

3. Dual (long) blades don't work because you never attack with two blades (unless you're the CGI guy who's responsible for NWN's "scissor tactics" default attack, but then you're just cannon fodder anyway) but use one for blocking and the other for attacking rather than just slashing away and hoping you don't throw yourself out of balance while merely scratching whatever or whomever stands before you.

Two blades ARE realistic, but doing dual attacks isn't. It's not much different from using some kind of small shield or buckler other than that it's got an edge and you can use EITHER hand to strike (although in the original bucklers eventually turned into shapes that allowed one to strike with them as well -- everything from spikes to blades was added at some point in history or another).

Please don't ask them to make Fallout 3 another game with scissor strikes (or alternatively what I like to call the "edged hug" -- the alternate retarded animation for attacking with two blades in NWN) or akimbo gunnery.

If they absolutely HAVE to allow two simultaneously active weapon slots (ala Diablo), the other hand should only be used for blocking or parrying.
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

St. Toxic and Ashmo have the right of it. Huzzah.

UNLESS : As one travels the wastes, and actually chooses to attempt dual wielding, they happen to realise how illogical, ineffective and generally idiotic it is. So, undaunted, one has the opportunity to employ an appropriately morally bankrupt 'doctor' to sever their corpus callosum, with all obvious consequences. St. Toxic's amusing suggestion could easily apply in such a situation. Perhaps the 'doctor' might 'slip' (perhaps s/he has Parkinson's disease /vengeance of the disgruntled surgeons, huzzah !), or even choose to rip and tear and cut and slash away at the unfortunate brain of the player character ('doctors' have to eat too/a reason not to be a cunt to everyone in game, perhaps ?), without the player's direct permission ? Lovely ! I think that could work. :drunk:
Kahgan
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by Kahgan »

Blargh wrote:St. Toxic and Ashmo have the right of it. Huzzah.

UNLESS : As one travels the wastes, and actually chooses to attempt dual wielding, they happen to realise how illogical, ineffective and generally idiotic it is. So, undaunted, one has the opportunity to employ an appropriately morally bankrupt 'doctor' to sever their corpus callosum, with all obvious consequences. St. Toxic's amusing suggestion could easily apply in such a situation. Perhaps the 'doctor' might 'slip' (perhaps s/he has Parkinson's disease /vengeance of the disgruntled surgeons, huzzah !), or even choose to rip and tear and cut and slash away at the unfortunate brain of the player character ('doctors' have to eat too/a reason not to be a cunt to everyone in game, perhaps ?), without the player's direct permission ? Lovely ! I think that could work. :drunk:
my thought's excactly...only less complicated :chew:
BRING BACK CENTERED DAC!

REGIN* FOR KING OF NORWAY!

http://forum.nwsgames.net/index.php
Cuthbert Allgood
Regular
Regular

Lick my puss ashmo, its just an idea.....geezzzz
the demon
SDF!
SDF!

dual weilding

Post by the demon »

i never had a problem with using one 223. pistol :chainsaw: :flamed:
I am the demon I am the destroyer of man bow down now
fallout ranger
Hero of the Glowing Lands
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by fallout ranger »

way to dig a thread.

But on the topic...

FUCK NO!!!
does this work
the demon
SDF!
SDF!

Post by the demon »

dule wielding is good fore FPS like halo but not fallout wich is a postapocalyptic RPG. :chainsaw: :flamed:
I am the demon I am the destroyer of man bow down now
Redeye
I lied
I lied

Post by Redeye »

I saw a PA film with dual sword use.

But it sucked.
Our Host!