I want to make a still

Talk about music, movies, TV, books, other types of entertainment and what your vices are. Also, if you're addicted to the high you get off Aspirin, this is the place to talk about it.
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

I know this fellow. He was into home brewing. Had a batch of something unidentifiably evil. He did. Shared it with this girl named Sally. Her head exploded. Instantly. It was beautiful. What a martyr. What a night !

Sad really. He hasn't brewed anything worth drinking in weeks. :drunk:
Kahgan
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by Kahgan »

Kashluk wrote:Before you start getting involved with the vodkas and whiskeys whatever, consider brewing some mead first:
KRIGSMJÖD
By Henri Sorvali Đ 2001

You need:
5 cans (450g/can,”Countryside Honey” is very good label) of regular honey.
4 bags (500g/bag) of brown sugar. (=”Fariinisokeri” in Finnish.)
30g of yeast
5 big lemons
27 litres of water
1 litre of cranberry/lingonberry/blackcurrant juice.
a big bucket (for 30 litres) with a fermenting-lock.
An alcohol-meter

1. Mix all the sugar and honey with almost boiling water ( 1 kg of sugar needs 1 liter of water,but the honey needs more….so mix one bag of honey [450g] with one litre of water!) and pour all of this into the big bucket.

2. Add the 1 litre of juice you bought.It adds a great taste,but contains also a spiritual meaning,as itīs symbolizing the blood of the Einherjer.

3. So…now you have a bucket with hot liquid,right?.There should now be something like 8 litres of stuff in the bucket.

4. Get another small bowl,and mix the yeast with room-temperatured water.This takes approximately a 0,5 litres of water. Now,is the yeast mixed completely with the water? Good. Keep it in the table for a moment and DO NOT add it into the very hot liquid yet,as it will kill the yeast and your mead will never start to ferment.

5. Add the rest of the water (colder,of course….to balance the temperature of the liquid) to the bucket,so that it will be almost full now…and be VERY sure that the temperature of the water is near to room-temperature,(=ab.22-25 celsius) because if itīs too much below or over that,youīll never get any alcohol,īcause the yeast will die. Use common sense.

6. Add the contains of the yeast-bowl to the big bucket. YES, you schmuck.The one where is that30 g of yeast mixed with that 0,5 litres of water.

7. Wash the lemons and chop them (donīt peel!) into slices.Add the slices into the bucket now full of still non-fermented mead. Mix the whole package.

8. Close the bucket,pour some water into the fermenting-lock (to get the process starting) and keep the bucket in a warm place.(Bathroom is ok….but the ideal temperature is something like 25-30 celsius.) And try not to move that bucket during the fermenting-process, as we donīt want yeasty drinks,right?

9. Wait for a day,maybe two,and the fermenting should begin.However,if it doesnīt,continue adding half a kilo of normal (white) sugar and wait for a day or two.If nothing happens,continue doing that as long as needed. If that doesnīt help,throw that @#%$ away and buy beer….lots of beer.

10. Let the mead ferment for three weeks in the bucket.After that,it should contain something like 8 percent of alcohol.If it doesnīt,you can pour some more sugar into the bucket and wait for a couple of days.

11. So….now you have about 30 litres of mead with alcohol…but where are the bubbles?Donīt panic,weīll continue the work to get them. Bottle the mead into PLASTIC (for you own safety) bottles (Pepsi,Fanta,etc…whatever bottles you have,just try to get bottles with capacity of 1,5 litres as itīs the most ideal size.) Itīs your own decision how youīll get that mead into the bottles,but I recommend to do it with siphon. (Suomalaisille siis lappo.). And be warned,the last 1-3 litres of the mead in the bucket have all the yeast which has gone down to the bottom during fermenting ,so it would be wise just to throw them away.Trust me,you donīt want to get a hurting stomach. I know.

12. So,now you have filled you bottles with mead.Add one teaspoon of sugar into each bottle before closing them.(be quick,as in the next second youīve done it,the mead starts to burst out in a REALLY fast speed!).Close the bottles and let them be in warm place for a half a week or week,depending how much you want carbonic acid (=bubbles). Besides the bubbles,youīll also get from one to two percents of more alcohol,which is always a nice side-effect.

13.Drink heads off while singing "Oppi Fjellet" or something as cheesy. And remember a toast for the Fallen Ones!
YES! The drink of the vikings! :drunk:
BRING BACK CENTERED DAC!

REGIN* FOR KING OF NORWAY!

http://forum.nwsgames.net/index.php
Redeye
I lied
I lied

Post by Redeye »

Megatron wrote:
Why would your address be given to the feds if you're just drinking your own booze all day and going blind?
Illegal Operation of a Distillery, public endangerment, etc.
Dems da regs.
ApTyp
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ApTyp »

My grandma had a still.
Thor Kaufman
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Thor Kaufman »

You can use a modded washing-machine for brewing beer, I think? Who needs clean clothes if he can have beer, anyway? Ask the hobos, or better yet, give your machine to them, or something? :crazy:
SuperH
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by SuperH »

I am pretty sure you can just use a pot.

I don't know what I want to do though. This is a conundrum.
St. Toxic
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by St. Toxic »

Don't do beer. Usually takes alot of time to get it right, meaning you're stuck with drinking piss-like substances for a goddarn while.

No I'd recommend fruitbased snaps, if anything. You can't go wrong with all natural ingredients either.
SuperH
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by SuperH »

How long do they take to ferment?

Edit, I think you need to distill it?
St. Toxic

Post by St. Toxic »

I don't. I just keep the big lot o' yeastin' goo hidden away in the warmest part of the house, constantly adding a mixture of ripe and green fruits, and whatever other substance suits my leisure. I don't have any rules or regulations to go by, just take a hint of it from time to time to see what I'm missing, and add it, and let nature take care of the rest. I've actually been to a place where there are numerous apple trees planted around a small waterhole. When summer strikes the fruits roll down into the water, and by the time summers over the water is all low% applewine. Insect madness doh.

Worst results for me so far have been a 70%+ booze and a fairly tasty low% peach wine, so results are rather random, but I don't go by recipe, and maybe you should.
Fez
Strider of the Wastes
Strider of the Wastes

Post by Fez »

With any fermenting, it is important that you keep everything hygenic as possible.

I still think beer is a good choice, because of the help available for that one and I know decent results can be obtained without much difficulty.
Don't hate him because he's beautiful.

"Everyone's a girl when they're face down."
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

(1) Purchase listerine (or whatever mouthwash you prefer).
(2) Drink.
(3) Enjoy.
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
Mandalorian FaLLouT GoD
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Mandalorian FaLLouT GoD »

Mead is a rough drink if you are a panzy. The homebrewed mead we made was badassed though.

We homebrewed beer in my dorm room at school too. Came out pretty good if you like light beer.
I drink ale so my opinion is a bit tainted.
Blargh wrote:While the way in which the stance is made could be done with at least a pretense of civility - being far more conducive to others actually paying attention than copious swearing - it just wouldn't be Mandy otherwise.
S4ur0n27 wrote:Dexter is getting MFG'ed for the first time D:
Koki wrote:He must be Mandallorian FaLLouT God'ded ASAP :salute:
Our Host!