I just love this rewiev.

Discuss the creation and scripting of new fan-made games and mods for the Fallout series of games.
Haris
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

I just love this rewiev.

Post by Haris »

The Wasteland Merc Mod for Fallout 2 will keep you on your toes. Character Development is especially important in this mod as you will need to be as powerful as possible to make it through all the quest areas. The crafting feature is welcome and the mod makers made it an integral part of the gameplay. This is not a mod for beginning fallout 2 players but veterans will find it very challenging. The Quest areas are quite difficult and you will find yourself dying and returning to an area only to try it again. The challenge is the heart of the fun. I've played through three times myself. When I played the original Fallout 2 I made it all the way to Frank Horrigan without having the difficulty of the game kick me in the face. I have no doubt when I return to normal Fallout 2 it will be a weak experience compared to the Wasteland Merc Mod. This mod brings new life to the game for fallout 2 veterans and a strong learning experience for those of average experience. As a Fallout 2 lover I can only hope for an expanded release of this mod (more crafting, more custom locations) by Haris and Miran. It's been a fun twist to simply playing normal old Fallout 2 again.
Fez
Strider of the Wastes
Strider of the Wastes

Post by Fez »

Um, what? Did you write it yourself or is there a link to the site you saw it on?
Don't hate him because he's beautiful.

"Everyone's a girl when they're face down."
Haris
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Haris »

No i asked poeple that played the mod to write a rewiev of it so i can put it on my webpage about mod. And thats the first one i got. Allthoe i did point out that i wouldnt put it up if it was a lame rewiev. :chew:
Fez
Strider of the Wastes
Strider of the Wastes

Post by Fez »

I think you got your mom to write that one.

Haris
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Haris »

Nope. Here is one i got that isnt equally prasing.

"This gave me about 4 days of playtime, possibly a little longer than it should take, mainly because I wanted to find out what was inside the brotherhood building and assumed I needed another level or two to get there.

Obviously its got more life in it than just the glorious "undiscovered country" moments. Challenges such as taking out all areas with just an artkid pistol are wonderful to go back and do. Although I don't know if the deathclaws are realistically possible, they just don't splat as well as the aliens.

I think what would make this mod, really make it, would be if there was a huge vault under the brotherhood building. Entry at lvl 45+.

And when you get down there you discover this base is a misguided brotherhood splinter faction thats been building Frank Hollister style supersoldiers to fight the aliens. Of course something is bound to have gone disasterously wrong.........

Seriously though, theres a while more play time to this mod that gets lost somehow because there isn't a purpose to levelling up. If there was a target level this would stay fresh and great for at least a week."

I mean if over 600 people from gamespot, 180 poeple from file planet and 500 people from dac downloaded it. Someone had to like it in the end. And thats not counting non english webpages that host the mod without the download counter.

http://madbrahmin.bonusweb.cz/index.php ... ds&id=merc <---this non english webpage even had for a while pol on whats your favorite weapon in the mod.
Fez
Strider of the Wastes
Strider of the Wastes

Post by Fez »

You bribed and slept your way to the top. How low will you go? :nono:

Haris
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Haris »

If you havent played wasteland merc mod yet than you can read walktrough for it. It can really put you in to mood to play it. Its hosted on dac now. http://www.duckandcover.cx/forums/dload ... file_id=26
Our Host!