Movies from Hell: Satanisgreat's Movie Reviews Revived

Talk about music, movies, TV, books, other types of entertainment and what your vices are. Also, if you're addicted to the high you get off Aspirin, this is the place to talk about it.
St. Toxic
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by St. Toxic »

They gather up dead skin pretty fast, and there are alot of uncomfortable socks. Whats up with them getting lost in the wash anyways?
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Didn't had any this happen to me yet.
Alexander
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Alexander »

There are always bitches who try to steal them!
There are no 'knowns'. There are thing we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say there are things that we now know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know. So when we do the best we can and we pull all this information together, and we then say well that's basically what we see as the situation, that is really only the known knowns and the known unknowns. And each year, we discover a few more of those unknown unknowns.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

I saw snatch for the first time a couple days ago and I thought it was pretty good. I liked it better than cock, lock and 2 smoking guns. I give it a 667
satanisgreat
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by satanisgreat »

Spanglish

Oh...the things you have to endure when you're trying to get pussy...

I only had only heard of the name of this movie before I was basically forced into watching it. I figured it would be at least somewhat funny with Adam Sandler starring in it and James L. Brooks directing. I was wrong, however.

If you didn't know, this is a drama through and through. It's actually not too bad for the genre. Melodrama is more like it.

The movie is about a Mexican-American immigrant who comes to America with her mother. Her mother gets a job as a maid for a rich, famous chef (Adam Sandler) and gets tangled up in the day to day affairs of the family. The mother is a controlling bitch who is obsessed with making her daughter thin. Once you see the daughter, it's going to take more than getting her to be thin to make that look good. She is by far the ugliest creature to walk the Earth, and gets a few unintentional sight gags and just plain gags.

The maid ends up interferring with the American family, which maids aren't supposed to do apparently. She decides to learn how to speak English so she can figure out what's going on. Hence the name Spanglish.

She starts to get involved with Sandler, and the wife starts fucking around on him. The language barrier is disolved by love, blah blah blah mother/daughter relationships blah blah life lessons blah. Writing about dramas is boring.

If you're interested at all in seeing a two plus hour soap hour, take my word for it that this one isn't that bad. I actually enjoyed it for what it was worth.

Score: 329
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

I watched the Woodsman yesterday, and I was very surprised. It's a very good movie.
satanisgreat
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by satanisgreat »

What's the Woodsman about? Never heard of it.
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

It's a Kevin Bacon movie and he's a convicted Phedophile or something. That's all I know about it.

http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hv&cf=info&id=1808534494 Just go there. I remember it cause the main character was a "Walter." For reference, this isn't my life story. Yet.
satanisgreat
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by satanisgreat »

Hey, at least he molests little girls, not boys.
Alexander
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Alexander »

satanisgreat wrote:not boys.
Yeah, what a weirdo...
There are no 'knowns'. There are thing we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say there are things that we now know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know. So when we do the best we can and we pull all this information together, and we then say well that's basically what we see as the situation, that is really only the known knowns and the known unknowns. And each year, we discover a few more of those unknown unknowns.
Our Host!