Absinth

Talk about music, movies, TV, books, other types of entertainment and what your vices are. Also, if you're addicted to the high you get off Aspirin, this is the place to talk about it.
Antimeasure
Strider
Strider

Absinth

Post by Antimeasure »

in witch country is it legal to drink absinth? i sweden we have absinth, but without the Thujone.... :anger:

Thujone = Halucinations :crazy:

Found this tought; http://www.absint24.se/product_info.php ... 04beee4947

any of you meatheads ever tested absinth?
I like my women as i like my whiskey. Twelve years old and mixed up with coke.
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by King of Creation »

I'm pretty sure it's legal to drink in most countries. If I'm not mistaken, the only troubling legal aspect is the importation of it. I haven't tried it yet, but I planned on ordering a bottle online.
<a href="http://www.duckandcover.cx">Duck and Cover: THE Site for all of your Fallout needs since 1998</a>
Dexter
Regular
Regular

Post by Dexter »

It's definately illegal in the US. They banned it in the '60s I think.

BTW... absinth without the hallucinogens? Why?
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

Dexter wrote:It's definately illegal in the US. They banned it in the '60s I think.

BTW... absinth without the hallucinogens? Why?
Absinthe is just like moonshine under US law - illegal to make, sell or distribute, but not illegal to own or drink.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
Alexander
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Re: Absinth

Post by Alexander »

Antimeasure wrote:in witch country is it legal to drink absinth? i sweden we have absinth, but without the Thujone.... :anger:

Thujone = Halucinations :crazy:

Found this tought; http://www.absint24.se/product_info.php ... 04beee4947

any of you meatheads ever tested absinth?
If you plan on drinking absinth and it is without the special ingredient that made Van Gogh cut his ear off, then you are better off with vodka or moonshine...

I ordered a shot of absinth in a bar in Europe once, for the heck of it, and it was nothing special becaause it was plain... the only difference was that it had a higher percentage of alcohol in it.

Did anyone see From Hell?

The most fun thing about absinth is supposed to be all the different recipes... it seems.
There are no 'knowns'. There are thing we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say there are things that we now know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know. So when we do the best we can and we pull all this information together, and we then say well that's basically what we see as the situation, that is really only the known knowns and the known unknowns. And each year, we discover a few more of those unknown unknowns.
Smiley
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Smiley »

tried green absinthe, on flame and all. Tasted somewhat neutral, but it was too hot to *really* taste anything =/

Doesn't do much for me, might as well drink anything else!

But people are all "uuuh" and "Aaaah"! It's teh illegal! (I think we have the same law regarding absinthe, like you guys in the US, not sure though)
Testicular Pugilist
Alexander
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Alexander »

Smiley wrote:tried green absinthe, on flame and all. Tasted somewhat neutral, but it was too hot to *really* taste anything =/

Doesn't do much for me, might as well drink anything else!

But people are all "uuuh" and "Aaaah"! It's teh illegal! (I think we have the same law regarding absinthe, like you guys in the US, not sure though)
Who cares actually? It is quite unlikely that Antimeasure is going to be planning future vacations according to which countries allow the use of absinth or not... or is he?
There are no 'knowns'. There are thing we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say there are things that we now know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know. So when we do the best we can and we pull all this information together, and we then say well that's basically what we see as the situation, that is really only the known knowns and the known unknowns. And each year, we discover a few more of those unknown unknowns.
the guardian
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by the guardian »

Absinthe is no longer "hallucinogenic", even since they originally outlawed it in the beginning of the centuary. It's still considered illegal in the US, although you can probably sell it and no one will complain, because basically, it's just another anise-flavored drink nowdays, though rather strong.

I used to drink it a lot - I tried 8 different brands so far, and it's the same deal over and over again : Just a realy strong alcoholic drink. Allegely you can brew some on your own using vodka and wormwood(available at every plant shop, by the way), but so far people failed making something authentic. Got a friend who brewed some wormwood(called la'ana here) and average absinthe, and the results were kinda... numbing. I can't say if it's "the real thing" or just the booze, but it was kinda nice, though the taste was terrible.

A good rule of thumb to test for absinthe quality is to add water. Apparently, when water is added the mixture turns white, but I can't realy vouche for that. I've simply educated myself from the internet and books, and also, non of the absinthe I ever drank ever changed color.
Smiley wrote: tried green absinthe, on flame and all. Tasted somewhat neutral, but it was too hot to *really* taste anything =/
This is the latest fad they teach barmen in their courses. You're not supposed to light it - you're actually supposed to add water and a tablespoon of sugar(and there's even a cool ceremony for that), but hey, you can drink your flames for all I care.
Hello New Jersey
Cimmerian Nights
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Cimmerian Nights »

My friend recently had a couple bottles shipped to the US from Czech Rep.

Truly vile tasting shit - we just did shots, I guess it's supposed to be cut with water and melted sugar - but a very nice Buzz.
You can't argue with a good blow job -George Carlin
Alexander
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Alexander »

A good rule of thumb to test for absinthe quality is to add water. Apparently, when water is added the mixture turns white, but I can't realy vouche for that. I've simply educated myself from the internet and books, and also, non of the absinthe I ever drank ever changed color.
Cologne also turns white when water is added...
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

I prefer paint thinner. :drunk:
Mandalorian FaLLouT GoD
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Mandalorian FaLLouT GoD »

Blargh wrote:I prefer paint thinner. :drunk:
Obviously.
Blargh wrote:While the way in which the stance is made could be done with at least a pretense of civility - being far more conducive to others actually paying attention than copious swearing - it just wouldn't be Mandy otherwise.
S4ur0n27 wrote:Dexter is getting MFG'ed for the first time D:
Koki wrote:He must be Mandallorian FaLLouT God'ded ASAP :salute:
Antimeasure
Strider
Strider

Post by Antimeasure »

hmm, the ingredient that makes absinth "autenthic" is Thujone, and van gogh drank absinth with 100-130mg/kg thujone, the strongest i found was 30-35mg/kg. and thats the one in the link, heh.

all i need to do is order how much i want, and drink it. importing stuff from one Eu country to another is legal as hell, and no customs will check whats in the package. But it would be cool if anybody here drank it, and had hallucinations.. thats what im asking for.. otherwise, if i just want booze, heck i ccould just drink strårom, swedish booze with 80% Alchohol init. ;) and thats legal.
Nicolai
ASSHAT
ASSHAT

Post by Nicolai »

100-130 kilograms, eh? Van Gogh must have been hardcore TO THA MAX! :aiee:
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

I watched EuroTrip last night and they drank absinth and said the same thing that you guys did "nothing special" then the brother and sister started making out.
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by King of Creation »

If Michelle Trachtenberg was my sister, I'd probably make out with her too.
<a href="http://www.duckandcover.cx">Duck and Cover: THE Site for all of your Fallout needs since 1998</a>
the guardian
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by the guardian »

Alexander wrote: Cologne also turns white when water is added...
THERE YOU HAVE IT ABSOLUTE PROOF
Hello New Jersey
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

Wouldn't it be easier to just do some shrooms or something?
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
Artkill
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Artkill »

my mommy makes me applejuice and sometimes she puts a teaspoon of sugar in there for excitement
From each according to his abilities, to each according to his needs.
Antimeasure
Strider
Strider

Post by Antimeasure »

:]

I drank of artkills mothers appeljuice, and made this.

http://img59.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img59&im ... nth0eh.swf
Our Host!