Fallout 2 Savegame converter

If you can't get the Fallout games to run the way you want, or are having trouble with bugs, here's the place to ask for help.
Franz Schubert
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Fallout 2 Savegame converter

Post by Franz Schubert »

I lost this file off my hard drive a while back, but the link at NMA is broken and I couldn't find it in DAC's own files. Does anyone have a valid link for it?
Fez
Strider of the Wastes
Strider of the Wastes

Post by Fez »

You should have done a search first. :P

First thing that came up on google; here's the link.
Don't hate him because he's beautiful.

"Everyone's a girl when they're face down."
Nickoteen
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Nickoteen »

I updated from version 1.01 and got the "old version" promt when trying to load a saved game, but the save game converter only says "Unknown version" or something like that. Do I need a special converter for uploading from 1.01?
Fez
Strider of the Wastes
Strider of the Wastes

Post by Fez »

I've no idea, I avoid playing it without the patches as it is a buggy mess.

SDF!
SDF!

Post by 5000 »

i tried to run the file and it says :

Cannot find Fallout 2 savegame directory

anybody know why?

thanks,

edit: i tried running it from my desktop, the fallout folder, the savegame folder, etc..
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by King of Creation »

It's been a while since I've used it, but if I remember correctly, the program is designed to access the savegames dependent on the fact that you installed the game to the default directory in Program Files/Black Isle or wherever it was. I could be horribly wrong. I'll check and try and get back.
<a href="http://www.duckandcover.cx">Duck and Cover: THE Site for all of your Fallout needs since 1998</a>
SDF!
SDF!

Post by 5000 »

cool thanks man, i did not install to the default, installed to c:\games\fallout2, i did however copy that folder to a newly created folder, c:\program files\blackisle\fallout2, and then ran the converter but to no avail
:anger:
SDF!
SDF!

Post by 5000 »

i figured out my problem thatnks for the help, i reinstalled the game to the proper directory and it worked, it may have been the fact that a few weeks ago my windows crashed on me and i ran the diagnostic deal that came with XP and it decided i needed to reinstall without asking me, well anyways i'm guessing this deleted some registry files er somethin, i had to reinstall alot of programs and didnt redo fallout cause it still worked, but yeah reinstalled it repatched it and ran the converter, it ran fine and so do the saved games, phew. i was this | | close to never playing again, i wasnt super far or anything but i liked where i was and wasnt going to start all over, that would have been ridiculous.

thanks King of Creation, i appreciate the help

Fez
Strider of the Wastes
Strider of the Wastes

Post by Fez »

Another classic Windows fuck up, thanks MS.

Our Host!