point/angle of view

Mapping & modding Fallout Tactics and reviewing maps thereof.
Lord_Nighthawk
SDF!
SDF!

point/angle of view

Post by Lord_Nighthawk »

hi there, it´s me (again :-/ )

got a small problem here i coundn´t find any solution for ... also google etc. gave me no help.

i started rendering some vehicles for new ingame objects, but the problem is that i tried the last to days finding the correct angle every object is shown ingame.

so does someone know the cocrrect angle i have to use so my vehicles are aligned correctly?

greetings
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by requiem_for_a_starfury »

I know that 2 dimensional items like posters are +/- 28 degrees on the vertical. Other than that you can try this thread http://www.duckandcover.cx/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2327.
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Lord_Nighthawk
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Lord_Nighthawk »

ahhhh, i found it out.....my mistake was that i always kept perspective correction turned on...now it looks good with 27° ;)

SomePictures

last picture is the implented model, shadows will be added when i find out how intense the transparent shadows have to be in photoshop :D
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

Spectacular job on those tiles. Aside from the A-10, I had some difficulty differentiating your work from the original art.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
Lord_Nighthawk
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Lord_Nighthawk »

the a10 was just a test-shot while i was figuring out how to implend new big map tiles. it´s already removed ;)
Fez
Strider of the Wastes
Strider of the Wastes

Post by Fez »

Good work on those tiles. You've blended them in well.
Don't hate him because he's beautiful.

"Everyone's a girl when they're face down."
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

A10 looks really good, are you doing any civilian planes?

One tip when placing big tiles like that with a bounding box larger than the image, snap it to the grid and then select the floor tiles underneath it and flag them 'do not allow shadow' that'll get rid of the great big square shadow.

BTW it's funny to see an editor screen which is fairly virgin, if I add any more custom tile folders to mine I'll be scrolling up and down to find anything.
Lord_Nighthawk
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Lord_Nighthawk »

thx for the shadow tip, i´ll keep it for further things coming up. i get really scared when i see what i have to script, cause that´s the only thing i don´t get right through- my mission 1 is just a changed original script, it works, but i don´t really understand why :P

on the other side the mapping and implenting of new things like new weapons etc works fine, 6 new weapons right now and map 2 half way ready. i don´t want to make very much new tiles cause the original ones fit that way good and have still a big potential to create new things that have not been seen in fallout games yet.

i hope i will get my campaign somehow ready, looking like some kind of addon and not just something like things have been put together.

so i hope if i have questions you will have still good ideas for me ;)

one more screenshot is up - the a10 was the idea for a special thing, but i require a good 3d model in 3ds/milkshape format to get it in with a good quality (the model that was up was just a half-way fitting picture i found online and resampled a bit)

so long
hawk
fallout ranger
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by fallout ranger »

i'm likin' the tank man. you need to do some more.

btw, did you do that wa 3000?
does this work
Lord_Nighthawk
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Lord_Nighthawk »

the wa2000 is frome somebody i don´t know - i found it in my old cs - weapon - replacement folder and rendered it. the other weapons are mine (i made them for cs too - years ago :D )

the tank is something i´m still not sure if i can use it cause of copyright things- it´s from rtcw. but it would not be that way hard to make a new one myself i think.
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

If you hadn't of said that I'd of never of recognised the tank.

Xbow has made some tank sprites, I'm just waiting for him to send them to me so I can convert them into tiles and add them to my maps.
gomimin
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by gomimin »

@ Lord Nighthawk

gute Arbeit!!!
Lord_Nighthawk
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Lord_Nighthawk »

danke ;)

i ran a little bit out of mapping ideas at the moment, so i just wanted to show a try to put palms into a map... i hate those brain-controlled-creation-lags ...

Here

nothing special and just a tryout. i still cant get the damned scripting working right and i can´t find any good tuts for it.

greets
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

What are you trying to script?
Dexter
Regular
Regular

Post by Dexter »

Very slight nitpick, but I notice you have palms and cacti in the same map. I'm pretty sure that any climate that would host palms wouldn't host cacti, and vice versa. I'll check Wikipedia or something to verify, but I'm pretty sure about it.

Like I said, not a major problem, but if you're going for realism you might want to check on that.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

Palm trees and cacti can exist side-by-side in low humidity in warm areas; my yard in South Africa had both. It would probably never occur in nature, though.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

But this is not a natural world with high radiation levels and mutated FEV running rampant anything is possible.
Lord_Nighthawk
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Lord_Nighthawk »

the palms are for a later map that shall play on some kind of island... but that will all come later.

the first part of the campaign is about 3 maps, where you have to recover stolen equipment and get information about the story. after that you will return to your basecamp. i´m not sure how to scipt when the different races occur (ghouls, mutants etc. ), cause there will be (or is not planned yet) any kind of rescue mission. also i would like to know if there is any chance to get in something like the trunk in fallout 2 (a box i can put all my stuff in i don´t want to trade) and a trader who sells better weapons (so you don´t always have to find everything)

thats not all i want to implent, but the base i would need to continue i think.

greets
fallout ranger

Post by fallout ranger »

good lookin' palms dude.

any chance you could post them weapon sprites?
does this work
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Lord_Nighthawk wrote:i´m not sure how to scipt when the different races occur (ghouls, mutants etc. ), cause there will be (or is not planned yet) any kind of rescue mission.
How do you mean, in mission or in random encounters? In mission you just add them to the map set to whichever player index. If you want them to appear at different times on the same map, perhaps for revisits then you need to start them off as deactivated. The tutorial on JJ's pages for endocore's speech system would show you how to do the triggers for that.
Lord_Nighthawk wrote:also i would like to know if there is any chance to get in something like the trunk in fallout 2 (a box i can put all my stuff in i don´t want to trade) and a trader who sells better weapons (so you don´t always have to find everything)
If you're not going to have any drivable vehicles then you'd need to make a sprite for your storage container to match up with the rest of the vehicle. For example your tank tile, you'd need to cut the image in half and make one half a tile and the other a sprite, or just make the whole thing a sprite and connect it to a container entity. You can just add trader actors to a map with certain inventories as in the main game, or you can use the quarter master system. Personally I'm using the trader set up for my QM's and the quarter master system for my traders.
Our Host!