Help!!! Need help for Fallout 2!

If you can't get the Fallout games to run the way you want, or are having trouble with bugs, here's the place to ask for help.
Someguy353
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Help!!! Need help for Fallout 2!

Post by Someguy353 »

I have problem with Fallout 2 on Windows XP Home on my laptop. The game runs fine, but.... once you're in the world map, you can travle in super speed it's about the same speed of a car, but I don't have a car yet.... =/

I run fallout in windows 2000 compatible mode, it dosn't run with out it... Windows XP Home has service pack 2 on it when I bought the laptop.... and the laptop has a Intel Centreno....

Please can anyone answer my question?
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by requiem_for_a_starfury »

The faster your computer, the faster you'll travel across the world map. You can try one of those programs that slow your machine down, edit the Encounter frequency percentages in fallout2\data\worldmap.txt so that you get more random encounters or read this at NMA.
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Nicolai
ASSHAT
ASSHAT

Post by Nicolai »

Hm.. I think that there was a mini-mod that fixed that problem, go have a look in NMA's downloads section.
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by requiem_for_a_starfury »

IIRC all that did was replace your worldmap.txt with one that had all the enounter values raised to 100%. Might as well edit it yourself to something that's more suitable to your particular speed.
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Someguy353
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Someguy353 »

Thanks for the tip everyone! I'll check on NMA ^_^
Haris
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Haris »

Well it didnt just replace you worldmap.txt. Most people dont mod so you need to download that to have worldmap.txt file in the first place. Unluess you wanna do it your self with dat extracter program. For those that are moding fallout this seems really easy. But not for those that dont even have dat file extractor program on their pc. Thats why i created that file so poeple could just download it. It took about 10 seconds to make. And it doesnt slow your pc down as some poeple might think. It just boosts the chance of getting encounter from 30% to 100%.
Mr. Teatime
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Mr. Teatime »

We need to add this sort of stuff to the DAC downloads... hmm.
Haris
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Haris »

Just download them from nma, fileplanet or gamespot and put them up. :chew:
Someguy353
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Someguy353 »

hum... There the speed patch on NMA..... but it seems to be for the US version of the game, I don't have have my laptop right now, can anyone tell me that it will work or not?
Our Host!