Asian horror films

Talk about music, movies, TV, books, other types of entertainment and what your vices are. Also, if you're addicted to the high you get off Aspirin, this is the place to talk about it.
Mr. Teatime
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Asian horror films

Post by Mr. Teatime »

Any good? I found Audition to be a good film, but the Ring series I thought the american remake was better. I didn't like the 'psychic doctor' thing in the Japanese versions, it made the whole thing seem less plausable.
Alexander
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Alexander »

I remember one I saw at a friends place... "Naked Blood" I think it was called... interesting stuff. One of the main charecters prepares and eats large parts of her own body for dinner... (yes, she starts by eating her own clitoris with some soy-sauce).
There are no 'knowns'. There are thing we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say there are things that we now know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know. So when we do the best we can and we pull all this information together, and we then say well that's basically what we see as the situation, that is really only the known knowns and the known unknowns. And each year, we discover a few more of those unknown unknowns.
Frowning
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Frowning »

I only enjoyed the first Ring movie, but that for me was much better than the American one.. they can remake the rest however they want because the source material isn't too hot. The first one terrified me, flame away guys.

Dark Water (s?) was terrible, my housemates and I watched in silence until about 45 minutes when someone yelled 'use the fucking stairs!' then the film was torn to pieces. Kind of.

Okay I guess I've run out, damn my poor knowledge.
Alexander
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Alexander »

Frowning wrote:I only enjoyed the first Ring movie, but that for me was much better than the American one.. they can remake the rest however they want because the source material isn't too hot. The first one terrified me, flame away guys.

Dark Water (s?) was terrible, my housemates and I watched in silence until about 45 minutes when someone yelled 'use the fucking stairs!' then the film was torn to pieces. Kind of.

Okay I guess I've run out, damn my poor knowledge.
Those are the well known and popular ones. They are not that good... well, I guess Battle Royale was quite good.
There are no 'knowns'. There are thing we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say there are things that we now know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know. So when we do the best we can and we pull all this information together, and we then say well that's basically what we see as the situation, that is really only the known knowns and the known unknowns. And each year, we discover a few more of those unknown unknowns.
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by King of Creation »

I still contend that Ju-on was an excellent movie.
<a href="http://www.duckandcover.cx">Duck and Cover: THE Site for all of your Fallout needs since 1998</a>
LlamaGod
U R Ded Faget
U R Ded Faget

Post by LlamaGod »

moar liek jew-on am i rite
Subhuman
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by Subhuman »

lol u are rite omg

Audition was good. Ringu was overrated.
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

There was this brilliant Asian horror (comedy) film that had exploding blood vessels, curses, trees, an infant press and pressed infants. It was brilliant. I cannot recall the title, though. :drunk:
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Battle Royal wasn't horror though.

If you like Audition, though, you need to see Visitor Q. It's as good, if not better.
Alexander
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Alexander »

S4ur0n27 wrote:Battle Royal wasn't horror though.
Maybe not in the traditional sense, but it was horror.

IMDB has also labeled it horror( also Drama, Thriller, Action):
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0266308/
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

And IMDB is always right, eh?

Battle Royale isn't an horror movie, even though it has gore scenes.
Mismatch
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Mismatch »

Dark Water is decent.
Kaïro is really good imo.
A tale of two sisters is rather good.
Suicide club is teh funneh
and
visitor q is a bloody masterpiece.
Mr. Teatime
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Mr. Teatime »

Heard of the Guinea Pig films?
Alexander
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Alexander »

S4ur0n27 wrote:And IMDB is always right, eh?
No. I just said it to strengthen my point.
S4ur0n27 wrote:Battle Royale isn't an horror movie, even though it has gore scenes.
How do you define horror?
Mr.Teatime wrote:Heard of the Guinea Pig films?
That is like Faces of Death.
Nicolai
ASSHAT
ASSHAT

Post by Nicolai »

Heh, what? The guinea pig movies are movies.. Faces of Death and its sequels are documentaries.
Alexander
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Alexander »

Nicolai wrote:Heh, what? The guinea pig movies are movies.. Faces of Death and its sequels are documentaries.
Thats right! Japanese fiction, or is it?
Artkill
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Artkill »

I'm not into the whole Japanese culture......

v FLAMES HERE v
From each according to his abilities, to each according to his needs.
Lunchmeat
Strider
Strider

Post by Lunchmeat »

Asian horror films
...have been generally boring, in my experience.
Frowning
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Frowning »

Even the first Ring movie? Some one I watched that just didn't like it and said the same as you, I'm curious if you share the same view on the same movie.
Mr. Teatime
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Mr. Teatime »

I liked the American version a lot, and on that went and bought a couple of the DVDs of the Japanese version. I thought they sucked and was pretty disappointed. Sometimes hollywood remakes are good, I guess.
Our Host!