Sin City

Talk about music, movies, TV, books, other types of entertainment and what your vices are. Also, if you're addicted to the high you get off Aspirin, this is the place to talk about it.
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

I remember it now that you reminded me. Where the hell did you dissapear to anyways? (I'm too lazy to search out if you already said it) Cops get you for more then you intended?
satanisgreat
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by satanisgreat »

I have no idea. I've been computerless for a couple years. I tried looking, but not very hard.

Oh, well, time to start a new one I guess.
Spazmo
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by Spazmo »

I thought it seriously ruled. It's a direct adaptation of the comics, and the comics were great, so it's not a big surprise, but everyone involved did a great job. That said, some of Bruce Willis' (Hartigan) narration is a bit flat.
How appropriate. You fight like a cow.

RPG Codex
Subhuman

Post by Subhuman »

The dialogue looks hysterically cheesy. Most of the reviews are pretty mixed. I'll probably see it next weekend, or any time before it leaves theatres.
Last edited by Subhuman on Sun Apr 03, 2005 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

Royale with cheesy, hurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I wonder how Tarantino's work as a guest director turned out?
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Spazmo wrote:I thought it seriously ruled. It's a direct adaptation of the comics, and the comics were great, so it's not a big surprise, but everyone involved did a great job. That said, some of Bruce Willis' (Hartigan) narration is a bit flat.
You also liked Hellboy.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

I liked it but there was a bit too much "I WAS IN TEH BAR ON A SATURDAY NIGHT HAVING MY USUAL AND I MET MY FRIEND BIG SUSY AT TEH TABLE" and the like. The story with Clive Owen was a bit boring, and the Bruce Willis one could of been better but it was still cool concept. The micky rooney guy was the best part because the character was meant to be awesome. They had alot of good actors in it and some of them could of been used more but that is the type of film.
Janus Matchell
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by Janus Matchell »

Spazmo wrote:Hold on there... Exactly which Dwight stories are they doing? They seem to have parts from both A Dame to Kill For and The Big Fat Kill in there. SPOILERS

The big black dude with the yellow eye is Ava's bodyguard from A Dame to Kill For, but Jack Rafferty and the Old Town girls are mostly in Big Fat Kill. Are they just doing both stories in the movie or have they rewritten them and globbed them together? Are any of the stories (Marv, Dwight, Hartigan) separate anymore or have they all been worked into a single narrative?
To answer the second one when I saw it. It was only The Big Fat Kill. All of them are of course told in one big interweaved narrative. I enjoyed Sin City much so this way as opposed to separate which is what I thought they were going to do with it when I heard they were filming it.
Ignore my warnings and pay no heed then your live will be ended shortly indeed!
Nicolai
ASSHAT
ASSHAT

Post by Nicolai »

Hm, sucks that SC won't be hitting the Norwegian cinemas before in July.. :sadblinky:
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

To the wonderful Janus Matchell,

I am still waiting for your body to catch up with your brain. Specifically, to realise that it is dead, and do the moral and biologically logical thing and follow suit, hopefully in a very painful way.

Fun times ahead.

Love,
Blargh

:drunk:
the guardian
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by the guardian »

A subtle Terri refrence, or just a silly stab at Janus Matchell? YOU BE THE JUDGE.
Hello New Jersey
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

Either, or, why not both ? YOU BE THE JUDGE. :drunk:
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

Subhuman wrote:The dialogue looks hysterically cheesy. Most of the reviews are pretty mixed. I'll probably see it next weekend, or any time before it leaves theatres.
some reviewers say it's because it's sexist, to macho and the characters aren't good role-models. I don't see how this is a bad thing lol fucking you look forward to be cool swell guy why dont you just fucking

I like the comics so i am looking forward to this as it is a comic on screen apparently :shock: :comix: :comic book man:
:chew:
Kizmiaz
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Kizmiaz »

I'm looking forward to this one with mixed emotions-
I still haven't got over "Blueberry".

Kindly,
Ukhan Kizmiaz
Franz Schubert
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Franz Schubert »

Did you guys notice a lot of Fallouty overtones and aspects to Sin City? Also Bruce Willis's character reminded me of Cassidy.
Kizmiaz
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Kizmiaz »

You mean though good guy with a heart condition?
I've only read the comics.
Kindly,
Ukhan Kizmiaz
satanisgreat
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by satanisgreat »

Franz Schubert wrote:Did you guys notice a lot of Fallouty overtones and aspects to Sin City?
No.
Also Bruce Willis's character reminded me of Cassidy.
How?
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

Guys the world is influenced by fallout. In Manhattan, behind six locks, lives Max Hardcore, a mathematician and computer whiz. Since staring at the sun at age six, he's had terrible headaches; plus, he can't abide human contact except with an aging internet forum, and he's obsessed with finding fallout. His current obsession is the movie Sin City; his theories bring him to the attention of Wall Street traders. He also keeps running into Lenny, a fast-talking Butt-mongrel who fronts for a cabal that wants to rediscover long-lost mathematical mysteries in Fallout. Neither group is benign, and they pursue Max as his hallucinations and headaches worsen. Does nature offer any solutions? Can Max find them? What the fucks a Fallout?
:chew:
Fez
Strider of the Wastes
Strider of the Wastes

Post by Fez »

You'll get a mini series at least.
Don't hate him because he's beautiful.

"Everyone's a girl when they're face down."
Subhuman

Post by Subhuman »

Yeah, anything involving guns and black-and-white photography is totally Fallout.
Our Host!