Sin City

Talk about music, movies, TV, books, other types of entertainment and what your vices are. Also, if you're addicted to the high you get off Aspirin, this is the place to talk about it.
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

Neither was Demi Moore, apperently.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

She likes em young.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

Is this movie going to be action or some psuedo thriller or some shit? I'm starving for a good action film. COME BACK TO US ARNULD
Alexander
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Alexander »

Fez wrote:I've seen Bruce Willis's penis and I was not impressed.
It was in that movie... Colours of the Night... or something? Shitty story... but boy was that whore who played the sexaholic sexy!
There are no 'knowns'. There are thing we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say there are things that we now know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know. So when we do the best we can and we pull all this information together, and we then say well that's basically what we see as the situation, that is really only the known knowns and the known unknowns. And each year, we discover a few more of those unknown unknowns.
Subhuman
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by Subhuman »

After seeing the trailer in the theatre last night, I change my mind. This movie is going to suck horribly. It's going to try really really hard for greatness and it's going to fall flat on its face. You heard it here first, folks.

It's not that I want it to fail, but....come on. It's a frame-by-frame adaptation of a hipper-than-thou comic book about a bunch of bad people in a bad city. I just get a flop vibe, is all.
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

It's cause it had hookers in it, isn't it?
Subhuman

Post by Subhuman »

Hell no. Hookers can only improve a movie.
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

.......I'm confused.....we just agreed on something.
the guardian
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by the guardian »

It's a universal agreement.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

Subhuman wrote:After seeing the trailer in the theatre last night, I change my mind. This movie is going to suck horribly. It's going to try really really hard for greatness and it's going to fall flat on its face. You heard it here first, folks.

It's not that I want it to fail, but....come on. It's a frame-by-frame adaptation of a hipper-than-thou comic book about a bunch of bad people in a bad city. I just get a flop vibe, is all.
Wait...you said you couldn't wait to see Be Cool, so your judgement is swell guy.
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

Now, not that it appeals to me, but from what I've read and heard Be Cool is actually a reasonably well made, possibly even enjoyable film. That's despite Travolta's ubiquitous obnoxiousness. That doesn't really provide any reflection on Darryl though. Woo yay. :drunk:
Franz Schubert
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Franz Schubert »

I recommend you see "Be Cool" stoned out of your mind or drunk off your ass, or don't see it at all.
Subhuman

Post by Subhuman »

What Franz said.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

hey dudes it's actually meant to be pretty good. I know a lot of you share the same opinion as Subhuman on everything, espeacially music taste and movies but perhaps you could ignore his flop vibe just this once.
Now, this film should either not be called a comic book movie, or it should be the only one called a comic book movie. It is nothing like any other film that has been based on a comic book. The biggest reason this turned out so well is the fact that these books have a beginning and end, unlike ongoing series that have thousands of issues. When making those films, the folks in power had to choose what they were going to work with, and what they weren't. They had to make a lot of sacrifices, understandably. Plus, those books (Spider-Man, Superman, Batman) are aimed at a large audience. Especially Spider-Man, which is supposed to connect with the everyman. With Sin City, you have everything you need neatly arranged in a few paperbacks created by one man. The material is very clear and has a distinct style throughout (unlike series where the cast of creators changes). And there isn't really a target audience. These books were made for those who may end up liking it, no more, no less. It was Miller's baby, he loved it and he didn't care if anyone else did. He's protected his baby and it has turned out awesome.
rite
:chew:
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

now playing: i also agree (also) - dj subhuman
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
Subhuman

Post by Subhuman »

Is that the album version or the remix?
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

It's the 2003 remix by {KCP}Ernesto, actually.
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
Subhuman

Post by Subhuman »

I prefer his mix of "Fuck! Y'all Niggaz Are Wack" by Wolfman Walt feat. Mama's Gang.
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

Fo'shizzle.

So did anyone bother going out to see it? I thought it was pretty good for a comic book movie, ofcourse I like anything with a noir-ish type setting and film style.
satanisgreat
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by satanisgreat »

I'm going to see it later today, just got home from work (it's about 11:30 AM). Expect a full review by tonight.

I might even revive the "Satanisgreat's movie review" thread. I completely forgot about that until last night.
Our Host!