Floater and Centaur

Since Bethesda decided to make Fallout 3, we figured we might as well have a forum about it.
CombatWombat85
SDF!
SDF!

Post by CombatWombat85 »

would it be possible for bethesda to use i'play's existing stuff? or is that against the license? personally quite liked the look of what they had going with vb.
Two fish in a tank; one says to the other, 'how do i drive this thing?'
Ausir
The Vault Overseer
The Vault Overseer

Post by Ausir »

As far as I know, BethSoft received the Van Buren documentation and is free to use it. The point is that they probably prefer to make their own game instead of finishing someone else's, although they might reuse some bits of the background.
The Slaughter
SDF!
SDF!

Post by The Slaughter »

What yours think is Wrong with bulletproof critters ?
They suit a advanced character fine.
A thing that I Hated in fallout has the fact that Mutansts don't wear armor, so, i wasted all the Mariposa Military base with a Power Armor and a Combat Shotgun (I just had Bonus rate of fire, so, i fired aimed shots for 5ap), i just aimed in the eye... And one Mutant less.
In fallout 2, enemies 're much thougher, normal robbers had the HP of Supermutants in fallout one. And the Enclavers had a Very High hp 200, and some Power armor, with maked Mariposa Military base be a Walk in the park compared to Atack the Enclave oil rig or Navarro.
Time to kick ass !!
Eu sou brasileiro, se vc me chingar, foda-se, seu americano retardado comedor de capim !!
Smiley
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Smiley »

IRP To slaughter...

There's nothing wrong by having an advanced character, able to shoot the shit out of NPC's or critters without much trouble. But long series of the same kind of monster, with the same damn resistance fucking sucks!
Testicular Pugilist
The Slaughter
SDF!
SDF!

Post by The Slaughter »

I want some new kind of Critter, some that chews Advanded Power Armor MKII even faster than Deathclaws !!
Time to kick ass !!
Eu sou brasileiro, se vc me chingar, foda-se, seu americano retardado comedor de capim !!
Mismatch
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Mismatch »

The Slaughter wrote:I want some new kind of Critter, some that chews Advanded Power Armor MKII even faster than Deathclaws !!
fuck, the advanced PA had its flaws as it were, when playin FO2 on hardest game and combat difficulty one could easily be gunned down by a posse of supermutants.
my point being, if different difficulty levels are to be included (as they should), critters and enemies which are too über may disrupt gameplay on the harder ones.
I consider that FO1&&FO2 are meant to be played on the hardest settings, and chit is rather balanced there when you do.

Bethesda should be careful with which critters they put in the game, the FO universe is rather fragile and much consideration must be taken whether any possible new critters would disrupt the setting or not.

And, as I thik recalling someone mentioning, it is imperative that bethsoft don't get all lazy and just let one battle the same chit over and over again in masses (diablo style), they should try to keep some kinda diversity to what and who to battle. A diversity in foes will lead to a lovely uncertainity, one'll nevar know what to expect and when.
In the FO random encounters for instance, you'd face say highwaymen, most of em with different weapons and armor and chit. While in baldurs gay you'd face 5-10 more or less the same looking opponents with the same skills and cocks.
Ausir
The Vault Overseer
The Vault Overseer

Post by Ausir »

As for the Van Buren stuff, I was wrong. Bethesda actually didn't get any of it from IPLY.
Our Host!