Floater and Centaur

Since Bethesda decided to make Fallout 3, we figured we might as well have a forum about it.
popscythe
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Floater and Centaur

Post by popscythe »

What baddies would you like to see in TEH ELDAR SCROLLS:BOS?
I'm kinda sick of some of the more "meh" baddies. Like the aliens. Floater was questionable, and centuar was creepy, but stupid. But the worst was the alien. It's damn near bulletproof, radiates you, and well.. looks like a chibi version of geiger's alien. What the fuck was that shit? I have to admit, I did dig some of the new mobs in Fallout:Craptics. The giant roaches? That should have been in fallout 1 for sure. Mantis was ok... But where are the super roaches we all fear? IN FALLOUT CRAPTICS. Thanks blackisle, you slackers. Also, some fucker in that studio is obsessed with rats. Big rats, smart rats, talking rats, poorly joked about copyrighted rats, pig rats, molerat fights... Rat on a stick, Rats in a town, Rats in another town, Rats in the sewers and random encounters and fucksauce all rats everywhere. No more rats dude. Little ones to fight at level 1 are ok, but Fallout 2 had more damn rats than PS:T had talking skulls and it was bullshit.
If supermutants are just.. average by FO:2 and Robots were also done in Craptics... What the fuck are they gonna spring out of the sidehatch in ELDARBOS3?
Fallout 2 even had a ghost that you could kill by critting her. Fuck that grey ass bitch, I carried her skeleton around for fun then stuck her in a locker in vault city cause I wanted to get this flare.
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

The roaches were certainly overdue. I remember the first (and in retrospect, only) time I played through the mission of their first appearance ? in FOT - I'm sneaking around getting the last battery, exploding cockroaches, their stature more like that of medium to large dogs, making their insidious presence known, with those evil, clicky legs. I've got a clear approach to what I suspect is the locker that contains the battery, I click, combat starts and my scout/sneaker character loses her ribs from a critical as this HUGE FECKING ROACH (the size of a car !!!1) just appears next to the character out of the bloody blue. Wasn't pleasant.

Looking back, that was the high point of my experiences with Fallout Tactics. I uninstalled out of disinterest a while later.

I'm still not certain if it was simply an against the odds employment of sneak, or a bug (HAW HAW HAW). 'Twas the sort of unpleasant that fits so well, rather like the spiders in System Shock 2, for example. Conducive to effective atmosphere. Works well with the 'after a nuclear war, only the roaches will be left' bollocks too.

Nonetheless, I hope to see an ill-tempered, mutated panda, rat, human, canine, mantis, raccoon, postal worker hybrid. That would be awesome. :drunk:
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Re: Floater and Centaur

Post by Wolfman Walt »

popscythe wrote:What the fuck are they gonna spring out of the sidehatch in ELDARBOS3?
Elves and Furries.

As to what I'd like to see in FO3 enemy wise...hmm mutated earth worms would be interesting although a bit like tremors. I think maybe a "momma version" of those praying mantis's would be cool as well, but that's just memories of Gamma World speaking.
Mismatch
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Mismatch »

squirrels
any animal which is basically a furry cock is a must.
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

Ugh, I don't think thats a cok Mismatch, just his stomach.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

I think he's takling about the general shape of the squirrel underneath all those limbs and hair.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

Good point. I figured he was talking literally, not figurativelly.
Kahgan
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by Kahgan »

I personally liked the rats, if there was just a quicker way of killing them...

*engage combat*
kill rat
*end combat*
*engage combat*
kill rat
*end combat*
*engage combat*
kill rat
*end combat*

and so on is quite tiresome...
BRING BACK CENTERED DAC!

REGIN* FOR KING OF NORWAY!

http://forum.nwsgames.net/index.php
Sovy Kurosei
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Sovy Kurosei »

What about the ants? They were all over the place in Broken Hills.
Kahgan
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by Kahgan »

yep, they were annoying to, I got really tired of reading "Whoa! That's a big fuckin' ant!" every time I targeted an ant, too...There really should be a faster way of killing those small annoying creatures...
BRING BACK CENTERED DAC!

REGIN* FOR KING OF NORWAY!

http://forum.nwsgames.net/index.php
popscythe
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

lol spray and pray

Post by popscythe »

Now that's a sterling idea, chummer. If there could be some turn based fo3 status, having more options than fire, aim and burst for guns. The melee options were cooler but could be improved certainly too. I'm thinking that the basic SPECIAL combat system could have a bunch of cool new moves and crap added without breaking it... Especially in the nature of how firearms can be used different ways vs different types of mobs. I stand to think that if I have a huge cartoonish pile of pistol ammo for my deagle and twenty or so ants that are bigger than dogs in a big mob... I could save some ap by just blasting away at the pile of them without aiming and run around while doing that in hope of tagging a few with a .44 just to thin crowd out. Or instead of the stupid only bust, how about full auto firing an assualt rife down a hallway? It would pretty much take the same amount of time to just hold the trigger down for a whole round (and take a huge hit to aim for recoil) than it does to fire a little "aimed" burst. Why can't I just firehose bullets into mantis when I know I can kill the fuckers in one hit with some caseless ammo lovin?
Mr. Teatime
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Mr. Teatime »

I'd get Troika to work on the combat in a perfect world. They showed in ToEE that they know how to update TB combat and how to speed it up without losing the point of it all. I'm sure they'd be able to make FO's TB combat excellently.
boywoos
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by boywoos »

The centaurs were a good idea. IIRC they were an amalgamation of various wasteland critters dipped in the vats; which can't be bad.
Mr. Teatime
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Mr. Teatime »

I wouldn't mind seeing more wierd mutant looking things. That would fit in with the Wierd Science! theme of the games. Half bird/half child mutations...
Frowning
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Frowning »

I'm all for rats, super-more-so if they don't attack you on sight so you have more of a feeling that you aren't at the bottom of the food chain and have to defend yourself when whatever plant decides you're lunch or the ants fancy your sugary treats.
Ausir
The Vault Overseer
The Vault Overseer

Post by Ausir »

FOT was initially meant to have mutant armadilos, and Van Buren had giant toads, two-headed snakes (giant snakes were also initially meant to be in FO1) and something like an ant crossed with a lion.
Fez
Strider of the Wastes
Strider of the Wastes

Post by Fez »

And giant mutant racoons.
Don't hate him because he's beautiful.

"Everyone's a girl when they're face down."
Franz Schubert
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Franz Schubert »

Ausir wrote:and something like an ant crossed with a lion.
So would that be an "Anticore?"
CombatWombat85
SDF!
SDF!

Post by CombatWombat85 »

:crazy: assuming they will set the game after fallout 2, its gonna be a helluva long time since the bombs fell- genetic mutation will have most likely started to stabilize, and survival of the fittest will kick in (god forbid one-headed brahmin) f3 would be best left with exisitng species only
Two fish in a tank; one says to the other, 'how do i drive this thing?'
fallout ranger
Hero of the Glowing Lands
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by fallout ranger »

i wish they'd have just stuck with VB...

be nice if someone "stole" what was completed of that game.
does this work
Our Host!