Building Blackout

Since Bethesda decided to make Fallout 3, we figured we might as well have a forum about it.
Cimmerian Nights
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Building Blackout

Post by Cimmerian Nights »

Something really lame about FO 1 & 2 that must be changed, was the lack of building blackout. When you enter a building you should not automatically be able to see who and what is behind other closed doors in that building (until of course you open them and look inside, or there are windows w/in your LOS). This is bush league. At the very least this should be an option to increase difficulty - it would make urban fighting a lot more interesting.

I like the iso view, but it has to be implemented realistically.
You can't argue with a good blow job -George Carlin
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

Fog of War can get kinda of annoying sometimes because its never realistic either. I'm assuming your talking about blackout or just invisible characters until you open the door, but if they did that they would pretty much have to do it for everything so you dont see people behind buildings and chit. I like it the way it is.

Bethesda will probably do a FPS so you'll have all your spaztastic realism.
Mismatch
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Mismatch »

Bethesda will probably do a FPS so you'll have all your spaztastic realism.
dont say that D:
even if probable...
dont say it.
i dont want it to be true...
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

the shitfather has all the rights
Cimmerian Nights
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Cimmerian Nights »

POOPERSCOOPER wrote:I'm assuming your talking about blackout
Yeah that's what I meant when I used the term...blackout. And more specifically building blackout meaning within buildings only. I agree with you on the fog of war. But characters being invisible until within eyesight or earshot was one thing FOT actually got right IMO. It adds another dimension tactically.

But yeah, this is all academic if it's a FPS. But I don't see how that makes things more realistic.
You can't argue with a good blow job -George Carlin
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

It makes it more realistic because you cant see behind walls and the like making all this discussion not valid. Dont give me attitude about the black out shit or I'll cut your throat. I think it would be stupid too see the whole building but not the people in it, you might as well just have fog of war.
Our Host!