iPods suck

Talk about music, movies, TV, books, other types of entertainment and what your vices are. Also, if you're addicted to the high you get off Aspirin, this is the place to talk about it.
Spazmo
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by Spazmo »

Kashluk wrote:"Equals" as in "is" greater than.
Oooh, I see. The problem is that you don't know what equal means, or at least how to use the word.
How appropriate. You fight like a cow.

RPG Codex
Dan
I pwn j00
I pwn j00

Post by Dan »

My MD player is a good solution. It has 5-6 hours of music on a single MD, and the battery lasts long enough. Also, it's pretty small and doesn't weigh a lot.
It's also very hardy and can withstand many a blows and falls.
RAK
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by RAK »

...but someday, by God, we will teach you math.
Maybe, someday, by God, I will teach you English. Now, I know what you're thinking, but that's not PROPER English that you wrote. Add the bloody "s" already! "Mathematic" doesn't sound right as a school subject, right? "Mathematic" implies that the subject has something to do with mathematics.

Damn separatists. Thinking you're better than everyone else because you can drop a letter here or change a pronounciation there... BAH!
"When conversing about oligarchy, you must consider this point: Many children are taught from an early age that monarchies are primarily benevolent, and are given very little to discourage this opinion until at least adolesence. Even more prevalent are stories about the supposed benevolence of heirs to the throne, symbolising a cycle which they are taught is good."
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

A tired issue, but I agree with you, RAK. BAH ! indeed. :drunk:
Lynxer
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Lynxer »

Err.....math is synonymous for mathematicS. The noun.
Sometimes an atomic weapon is just an atomic weapon, ja?
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

3rd period math. 2nd period englishs.
:chew:
Subhuman

Post by Subhuman »

None of you know what you're talking about, so just drop it.
V for Vendetta
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by V for Vendetta »

Forget all that shit. The worst two things about iPods are (a) their worthless headphones, abd (b) the 1,000s of mindless trance "songs" some kid plays on his before my Monday/Wednesday/Friday morning class. Some people should not be allowed to own them.
"I used chilldren heads because I needed a universal volume unit" - Dan
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

Ryno wrote:I've got an MP3 CD Player IN my car..Like..The Stereo, ya know. And I've got a MP3 CD Walkman. The one in my car never skips..Nor does it chew batteries. I never listen to music other than in my car. So Screw iPod.
Same. I think I'd start trying to ram people off the road if I didn't have my CD MP3 player in my car.
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

Kashluk wrote:Oh fuck, like I would care how you pronounce mathematic symbols in English. It's spelled that way in Finnish anyway so chit D:
not really
RAK
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by RAK »

The worst two things about iPods are (a) their worthless headphones, abd (b) the 1,000s of mindless trance "songs" some kid plays on his before my Monday/Wednesday/Friday morning class. Some people should not be allowed to own them.
Next two bad things about iPods: Their rip-offability and the fact that you can't play WMA files on them.
"When conversing about oligarchy, you must consider this point: Many children are taught from an early age that monarchies are primarily benevolent, and are given very little to discourage this opinion until at least adolesence. Even more prevalent are stories about the supposed benevolence of heirs to the throne, symbolising a cycle which they are taught is good."
Subhuman

Post by Subhuman »

atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

Creative >

WHORE THIS YOU BOURGEOIS CALIFORNIANS
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Yeah, Creative's players rock the house big time.
Subhuman

Post by Subhuman »

My new best friend.

Cons: You can't adjust any of the preset equalizer settings, so I can't set the bass the way I like it. (The "Rock" preset is fine, though. And if you plug the iPod into decent speakers, you get good bass.) Also, the carrying cases are ludicrously overpriced. And the earbuds suck.

Pros: Insanely portable. Great sound quality, even at 128 kbps. So frickin' small. And grey goes with everything.
Last edited by Subhuman on Sun Feb 13, 2005 2:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
SuperH
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by SuperH »

I got my new Shuffle, talk about small - my 16mb thumbdrive is bigger and doesn't play mp3s. It is the very hot shit.
boywoos
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by boywoos »

Cons: The white headphones scream "Kick the shit out of me for instant profit".
Subhuman

Post by Subhuman »

Yeah, that too.
SuperH
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by SuperH »

boywoos wrote:Cons: The white headphones scream "Kick the shit out of me for instant profit".
I bet you do that all the time! You really are a bad ass!

The white headphones regardless are not so good, but uh, they are stock headphones and unless you are retarded you cannot ever expect any stock headphones to be good.
Dan
I pwn j00
I pwn j00

Post by Dan »

I think I'm going to buy one of those Creative MuVo, as it has 1 gb of music, and it's much smaller then an Ipod.
It also weighs less, lasts longer before you have to change a battery, and is less fragile.

It also doubles as a portable usb mass storage device.

And it costs less.
Our Host!