So Fo2 music files...

Discuss the game that started it all, and its sequel. Technical questions and issues go into the Fallout Technical Support forum, not here.
Janus Matchell
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

So Fo2 music files...

Post by Janus Matchell »

Yeah the other day on the Sex, Jet and Rock and Roll discussion board there was a converstion about the Fo soundtracks. And well that left me curious and confused on the subject mater of ripping the music files off of the game. So here it goes...how the hell to rip the mp3's from the Fo games? I mean I could go to program files but last time I ventured into that part of my computer I wound up having to format due to a gross miscalculation on my part needless to say you need your system 32 file they are you friend.
Ignore my warnings and pay no heed then your live will be ended shortly indeed!
Mr. Teatime
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Re: So Fo2 music files...

Post by Mr. Teatime »

Janus Matchell wrote:Yeah the other day on the Sex, Jet and Rock and Roll discussion board there was a converstion about the Fo soundtracks. And well that left me curious and confused on the subject mater of ripping the music files off of the game. So here it goes...how the hell to rip the mp3's from the Fo games? I mean I could go to program files but last time I ventured into that part of my computer I wound up having to format due to a gross miscalculation on my part needless to say you need your system 32 file they are you friend.
Well you can get the FO2 music on DAC <a href="http://www.duckandcover.cx/fallout2/mus ... p">here</a>. As for ripping from the game, I don't know.

And as for the last half of your post - I don't believe there's a smiley we have installed to express how I feel. I did :rofl: though.
Janus Matchell
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by Janus Matchell »

Yeah thanks man. I am still trying to figure out how to turn ACM files to MP3 files so far no luck and my adobe audition is being teh super gay right now. Normally it lets me convert different files to different types when I need to the only problem is there isn't an option to convert ACM to MP3 which really sucks.
Ignore my warnings and pay no heed then your live will be ended shortly indeed!
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

I think there was no special utility for this task... But you had to change the frequency, I think. To normal 44KHz(?) or something, I'm not sure. Otherwise they'd play too fast/slow.
Breakneck
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Breakneck »

Janus Matchell wrote:Yeah thanks man. I am still trying to figure out how to turn ACM files to MP3 files so far no luck and my adobe audition is being teh super gay right now. Normally it lets me convert different files to different types when I need to the only problem is there isn't an option to convert ACM to MP3 which really sucks.
2 everybody: Hey, there IS an utility to convert ACM to wav (~80kb). Moreover, there is a Winamp plugin for ACM files (~64kb). And, there is a program which can convert music from different games to wav format (but it doesn't support mp3 and ogg :sadblinky:)(~700kb).
2 Janus Matchell: I have all this stuff and I can send it to you via e-mail. Just contact me (mail or icq).

A little advice: surf russian sites... :D
Last edited by Breakneck on Wed Jan 12, 2005 9:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

With *special* utility, I meant that it can be done with regular audio editing software. Like goldwave (shareware) for example.
Breakneck
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Breakneck »

Kashluk wrote:With *special* utility, I meant that it can be done with regular audio editing software. Like goldwave (shareware) for example.
I haven't tried regular audio editing software on Fallout ACM files yet... So I cannot say if it works.
Franz Schubert
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Franz Schubert »

Teatime wrote:Well you can get the FO2 music on DAC here. As for ripping from the game, I don't know.
For years I've been trying to explain that those aren't the Fallout 2 files. Those are from Fallout 1. Every audio track that is unique to Fallout 2 is not in that list. I have them all on my computer of course. Hey Teatime I could send them to you and you could upload them to the page and add a note saying they're the REAL Fallout 2 files.

Then again, you've been getting away with it all messed up ever since you got here, so why fix it now, eh?
porksoda
SDF!
SDF!

Post by porksoda »

Franz Schubert wrote:For years I've been trying to explain that those aren't the Fallout 2 files. Those are from Fallout 1. Every audio track that is unique to Fallout 2 is not in that list.
You speak the truth, those are indeed from Fallout 1.. and missing the last track, as well ("Khans of New California".. unless I'm blind and just didn't see it there).

I was lucky enough to stumble onto the soundtrack on interplay's fallout site (back when interplay still had employees). They had the complete collection of mp3's from Fallout 1 + 2, Planescape: Torment, and the Baldur's Gate series all available for free download... Until one day I noticed they took the whole thing down.

Glad i burned em when i had the chance.

Mark Morgan is an ambience master.
Mr. Teatime
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Mr. Teatime »

You have the tracks? I'd appreciate it a lot if you could mail them to me (mr_teatime@duckandcover.cx or mr_teatime007 @ hotmail.com), or upload them somewhere where I could get hold of them, then put them up on DAC. The FO ones are the most important, but I wouldn't mind the PS:T or others either.

I THINK my mailbox is big enough, though if you could do them in batches rather than one big email that would be appreciated.
porksoda
SDF!
SDF!

Post by porksoda »

Mr. Teatime wrote:You have the tracks? I'd appreciate it a lot if you could mail them to me (mr_teatime@duckandcover.cx or mr_teatime007 @ hotmail.com), or upload them somewhere where I could get hold of them, then put them up on DAC. The FO ones are the most important, but I wouldn't mind the PS:T or others either.
I'll see if i can host it on my webserver for you (not sure if i have enough space left - the Fallout mp3s are about 70 megs, and Torment as well).. Check your email later tonight and I'll have the details worked out.
Mr. Teatime
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Mr. Teatime »

Sure. I could also set up limited FTP access for you on DAC to upload it, if you don't have webspace for all the files. Let me know if you need this...
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by King of Creation »

Why not just use the ACM2WAV program to rip the music files, then just convert the wavs to mp3s?
<a href="http://www.duckandcover.cx">Duck and Cover: THE Site for all of your Fallout needs since 1998</a>
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

Mr. Teatime wrote:I THINK my mailbox is big enough, though if you could do them in batches rather than one big email that would be appreciated.
Get a gmail account?
Our Host!