An ES: Oblivion screenshot

Discuss anything from Age of Empires to Wasteland. Any gaming talk that isn't Fallout-related goes here.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Bethesda is *known* to me. It is also *known* for unoptimized code, unenlightened one.
Seek for the truth of Zerthimon and you will be saved.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Morrowind was okay apart from the shit story. I didn't have any trouble running it.
SuperH
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by SuperH »

Kashluk wrote:Bethesda is *known* to me. It is also *known* for unoptimized code, unenlightened one.
Seek for the truth of Zerthimon and you will be saved.
In the biblical sense I would suppose?
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

... I bet the name "Dak'kon" doesn't ring much bells either, eh?
Burnov
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Burnov »

Morrowind was okay apart from the shit story. I didn't have any trouble running it.
Some people claimed to have had no problems running the game, some people also didn't seem to mind the wretched stutters that one encountered every 10 to 20 seconds whilst playing.

Either way, damn you.

I still think Bethesda has made itself known as a developer of half-assed console ports now.
Claw
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Claw »

I liked Future Shock. I'd like to see a sequel to that, now.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Future Shock the book?
:?
Nicolai
ASSHAT
ASSHAT

Post by Nicolai »

He's probably talking about the Terminator game.
mEtaLL1x
SDF!
SDF!

Post by mEtaLL1x »

Personally, I didn't like Morrowind at all. Well, at first it was pretty fun - exploration and stuff like that.... but soon it became SO boring and pointless for me... IT's just a munchkin paradise. No role-play, just plain buffing up your hero, joining as many guild as you can, hoarding items..... downloading plugins in hope for a better game-play....
crap.;
Also, IMHO, combat and magic system SUCKED real hard! They wanted to mimic some classic rpgs by adding those hit rolls and stuff, but it was crap. It's freaking FP (or from the back) game, this whole to hit things just couldn't fit in! Fighting was boring: just hold the mouse button and drink coffee. Why not implement some action? Combos, blocks and stuff. Like in GOthic.
Magic. Well, here Morrowind has the same deformity as does Gothic. Both systems are underpowered. Mana - joke. There is no pure-mages in Morr - they're just way too weak. Battle-mages everywhere - with enchanted weapons to do all work. Crap!

But the worst is still to come: THE DIALOGS! They're nonexistent! It's friggin' hypertext documents instead of dialogs! NPCs are DEAD - they are just some dummies that stand there and provide some info, like a book or sumethin. This really pissed me off!
And they call it RPG???

But of course, there are some good sides of this game: vast world, the land is quite beautiful, interesting alchemy, spell-craft, lots of items, the mansion-thing - it's really good.

But overral: still crap, in my opinion.

*BUT* I don't think that Oblivion will be the same shit! I kinda think that Bethesda guys have learned much from Morrowind and won't step on the same shit again. In a recent interview they said that the battle-system will be reworked and will be more active, with combos, blocks and stuff. This is good. ALso, magic will be reworked - very important, also.
Well, I certainly hope they will try to make the game-world a wee more alive.... make some dialogs, for f*** sake!

Well, they certainly did a good job in graphics - it's just gorgeous! But it'll sure require one helluva a monster-PC.
Been there, seen that, got the scars...
Naked_Lunch

Post by Naked_Lunch »

anal sex is fun
Nicolai
ASSHAT
ASSHAT

Post by Nicolai »

:sadblinky:
St. Toxic
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by St. Toxic »

Anti-beard weekend.
Mismatch
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Mismatch »

mEtaLL1x wrote:balhblah blahblahblah, OMG g0thic"!¤/#¤&! t3h pwn
cockgobbler.
if you just fuck off, mebbe FO3'll be decent.
Killzig
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Killzig »

its still bethsoft. it might look good but the game play will still suck.
The answer to your first question is shaddup.
Mismatch
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Mismatch »

its still bethsoft. it might look good but the game play will still suck.
aye

not sure FO3'll look good though.... morrowind didnt, and this oblivion thingie... so far all is shiny and too magical...
one gets the feeling that nude fairies will pop out rubbing their cunts against the screen.
Killzig
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Killzig »

its really blurred for a reason, to hide all their fuck ups. finished product probably won't look anything like that.
The answer to your first question is shaddup.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

Ya, killzig is right alot of preview screen shots for games look like that, then when you see it in action your like WTF.
Spazmo

Post by Spazmo »

Oblivion will be revolutionary because it'll use realistic physics for when the minotaurs slap you around with their enormous ballsacks.
How appropriate. You fight like a cow.

RPG Codex
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

I hope you can be a ka'ahjit and this time there anatomically correct! Then I shall rush to thy fair cat maidiens and whip off there short shirts to reveal her heaving bosom! :cat: MEOW!
:chew:
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

Always knew you were a furry.
Our Host!