[ROE] spawn point.

Mapping & modding Fallout Tactics and reviewing maps thereof.
SDMVersion3
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by SDMVersion3 »

Nothing to be insultated about... coding hiccups and incompatibilities happen often.

Since I'm a Moziller, I can assume it is NOT my browser. Possible it was temporary. I'll go check later.
Error! I suck balls.
Duck and Cover doesn't... always.
[Roe] Snake
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by [Roe] Snake »

Sure Man,

It was ment a joke ;-P

I assume everyone is using IE 5.0 or later so I design the web pages for IE 5.0... which should work for everyone...

Check if you can use IE.
PaladinHeart
Strider
Strider

RE

Post by PaladinHeart »

Is it going to be the focus of the map, or just a background thingy?

Im wondering if this can't be simulated with the tiles already present within the editor? Just a thought.

Things like this are huge so you could likely design your map entirely different depending on if it takes place at the base of the dam, or on top of it. If your map takes place at the bottom, then just ignore my comments and go ahead with what you were discussing (sounds easier done than tile placement that would be just for visual effect).

But if its on top of the dam, the higher points and such could make for some very interesting play. Not to mention actually going inside the dam itself. And a custom tile (like those large ones already in the game) could lead to problems when you need to walk on it.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. " -John 3:16

Hopes. Dreams. You have to live these things. If not, they will remain prisoner within the confines of your mind for the rest of your life.
[Roe] Snake
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by [Roe] Snake »

Well I was thinking of making it part of a base of the enemy... It would be so cool to have a damn with a dryed out river going through it... But making such a thing with the tiles already in the editor is nearly impossible... Chaos made something simulair to this... but he used uge doors and it didn't quite have the feeling of a damn... But I don't know if someone would take a look and see if this is possible with the tiles already available...

Making the 3D model and then chop it down to tiles is not that hard... getting the 3D model wouldn't be so hard... I have some resources I might be able to use to get one...

Now I only need someone who can make them tiles out of it... ANYONE ???

Greetz
PaladinHeart
Strider
Strider

RE

Post by PaladinHeart »

Are you doing a miniature dam? Is the whole thing going to be on one map or will it extend off the map?

I think you're going for the whole thing, which sounds cool but I think there is a better solution.

If you're doing a campaign set within a Fallouty world (from what I've seen it looks like it is), then why not have some huge chunks of the dam left at the base? You wouldn't have to do the top, and the enemy could still use those huge base parts as part of their base. You can make it as huge as you need, since dams are so big. And you wouldn't have to worry about the size.

Besides, it'd be only natural that someone would think of targeting a dam to flood certain areas. And it would explain why the area is dried up. You could still have some water left on one side of the dam, as an incentive for the enemy to be there in the first place (food, water, and a defensive area are the keys to a good base, and thus two would be present).

But you seem set on the whole top and bottom (without much in between) thing, so I think you might want to do a 3d image of a smaller dam. I just can't envision a map with a normal dam running smoothly.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. " -John 3:16

Hopes. Dreams. You have to live these things. If not, they will remain prisoner within the confines of your mind for the rest of your life.
[Roe] Snake
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by [Roe] Snake »

No the idea is indeed to make it dryed up, it's a cool idea to make it cracked or something... I just need someone who can tell me how to make one or how to get the 3D model, I'm searching for one and if I find it, it's pretty easy to make it look cracked...

If there is a way to make the dam with the tiles already in the editor I would need some serious help because I'm not that good with mapping and I don't know if the other crew members have enough skill to do it... I would gladly try it myself, just need to have some guide lines and I need to know if it can be done... It's a hard one... But I think if I get enough help I might be able to pull it off...

The idea of a full running damn might sound cool as well, since the ocean still contains water which might be useful to resources and water supply's... But the first idea is to make it cracked and partly destroyed... Offcourse... it's fallout, so it wouldn't be natural if the dam wouldn't be damaged... I might look into all the options... If just someone could help me out with the option of making such a damn with excisting tiles...

Greetz,

Snake
[Roe] Snake
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Trigger Problem - Urgent

Post by [Roe] Snake »

Hey Guys,

I'm stuck with some triggers...

I have this prison cell and inside there is a character which needs to be free'd.

The characters speech depends on wether or not you open the door so here's the problem.

I have two speech events for character "faith", her first speech event is triggered when Human player see's "faith", now the second speech event needs to be set when A human player opens the door, so when I do not open the door, the second speech even is not set... If I do open the door, the second speech event will be set... But how do I trigger this... there is a trigger event that says "Skill Accures" but you will have to assign an Entity, which does not apply since you never know which playable character is going to use the Lockpick still, so that trigger event can't be used..

So I need a trigger event that tells when the door is open, so that it can set the second speech event. Is there any way to set the door closed and when I open it it will set some trigger in motion so it knows it's opened ???

Please help... It's urgent...

Greetz

EDIT:

The tagname for the prisondoor = prisondoor
The tagname for the character = faith
The speech event name = Faith_W01 (which needs to be triggered when the door is opened by any kind of playable character)

HELP ME PLEASE !!!
Chaos
Respected
Respected
Location: Somewhere, don't really know I got lost on the way to Vault 13.

Post by Chaos »

Ok, it will go something like this in the triggers option:

Condition: Object Script State
Set object script state of 'prisondoor'
Check/Tick the box that says "Script state"

Action: Force speech
Player: faith
Will use speech node: Faith_W01

P.S. Snake can you resend me the storyline for RoE i accidently deleted the e-mail before i copied it to Word.
Soldier of the wastes. :gun:
[Roe] Snake
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by [Roe] Snake »

Hey Bro,

Got the triggers to work... Thanks ! I'll send you the storyline and plot features again... Coming right up :D

Greetz,

Snake
[Roe] Snake
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

FOT: Rules Of Engagement - Serious Help Needed !!!

Post by [Roe] Snake »

Hey Guys,

I've been posting alot about the upcoming FOT modification:
Rules Of Engagement

The past two weeks we have been working hard to complete the first stage of the campaign, the overall process is at +/- 40% and we need some serious help.

Two of my mappers bailed out without any form of communication or letting us know what is going, I have not been in contact with them, despite of my frequent e-mails...

This will slow down the mapping process and this means I will have to take over alot of tasks which were originally balanced over the crew.

If I can not find any mappers and editors the process will be slowed down alot and we might risk putting the project on hold, which I do not want in any case but when I have no choice I have no choice... So I hereby beg people to come forward if they have any interest in helping out... The modification is to my knowledge the biggest so far and I don't want to see it destoryed.

Mappers & Editors... please come forward and let me know if you're willing to help out...

Greetz,

[Roe] Snake

E-Mail: Snakediablo@hotmail.com
Web-site: http://www.angeltowns.com/members/snakediablo/
Forum: Http://www.darkwebdesign.com/bauke/forum
Flamescreen
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Flamescreen »

The best for the job woud be Senore Deluxe, who's not really posting any longer. This thing you're asking is a VERY daunting task. Depending on the size, even if someone wanted it rather small, could easily take a month. Your best bet for emulation might be SD's Tileset A, with the curve tiles.
[Roe] Snake
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by [Roe] Snake »

Getting the 3D model isn't the hardest part... We're taking care of that... The problem is, I will need someone to help me convert and cut the 3D model down to tiles.

Could someone help me ?

Greetz
PaladinHeart
Strider
Strider

RE

Post by PaladinHeart »

The object script state is similar to how you need to set up your trap entities when you're simulating a mortar attack. I'll make a new post and try to explain a good approach to doing this.

[Roe] Snake
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Entities / Decorative Entities

Post by [Roe] Snake »

Hey Guys,

I've been working on the first bunker map and wanted to include some entities such as Broken Power Armor, Broken Robot Parts, stuff like that... But I want to place them so that the player can't pick them up, they are pure decorative entities and it's a waste if the player can pick them up and move them around or somehow use or whatever... They are just there for the decorations...

Does anyone know how to solve the problem, so that the player CAN NOT pick them up ? Maybe editing the *.ent files ?

Greetz,

Snake
OnTheBounce
TANSTAAFL
TANSTAAFL

Post by OnTheBounce »

Well, you could do it two ways:
  1. Skip making them entities in the first place and simply have tiles of the sort you're looking for.
  2. Make "Other" entities out of them, like the Consoles in certain missions that you could "talk to" (download info from). If "Other" isn't the correct term, just look for the consoles from the bunker in Cheyenne Mountain and you'll see what I mean.
OTB
"On the bounce, you apes! Do you wanna live forever?!"
[Roe] Snake
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by [Roe] Snake »

Thanks... I'll try it right away !
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by requiem_for_a_starfury »

If you check out some of my tiles on JJ and MV's sites, I've done some broken/dismantled PA tiles, plus converted some of the robots from the rpgs into tiles, including some destroyed robots.
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by requiem_for_a_starfury »

Get the person making the 3D model to cut it up, in the 3d modeller. It's almost impossible to do in a 2d graphics program and then make the tiles line up.
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
[Roe] Snake
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by [Roe] Snake »

Fixed it... Made the entities a Unique Humanoid and gave it a hitpoint count so it will look like the arm actually has armor and it actually requires destuction in order to kill the robot... or something... doesn't matter, it's the way I want it now...

requiem_for_a_starfury: About the 3D model, if I have the model cut down to different peaces... how will i be able to make tiles out of them ?

Greetz,

Snake
[Roe] Snake
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Character Positions / Animation Rotation

Post by [Roe] Snake »

Hey Guys,

I'm wondering... When you're placing an NPC with a speech event attached to it and you place the character on Animation Rotation: 3

When you're gonna talk to the NPC ingame, the character is gonna change it's position (rotation) forward your playable character... My point.

How do I let NPC's go back to their starting positions / rotations as I put them on in the FOT Editor ?

Please let me know,

Greetz,

Snake
Our Host!