[ROE] spawn point.

Mapping & modding Fallout Tactics and reviewing maps thereof.
Flamescreen
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Flamescreen »

^Exactly. Also have a look in the licence agreement of the MF editors. Any material you create for the game is basically theirs to do as they please with.

Plus, that's correct. Sprite packs are there for the modding community. I doubt creators ask others to display them just for being displayed. You're overtly polite asking everyone. If you have time, good. I don't.

I assume every material published by anyone for FoT is usable after they release it. Just credit them and put it in a folder that indicates it's theirs(in my case Sprites/OTB, Sprites/Requiem, Sprites/Seraglio, etc). It's just a hobby, not something to profit out of.

I've stated long ago that I don't mind if any of the materials I'll publish is used even without credit(just not credit it to your self or someone else, preferably Sprites/other is fine).

Flamescreen
[Roe] Snake
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by [Roe] Snake »

True true... but I always want proper credit for the people who worked hard for something me and my team put together... They cant drag me to a judge but I think it's something I have to do, they've put work into the things they've made... would be a waste of time if no-one ever named them... Or... that's how I think...

But you're right... So I'd have to agree with everyone too ! :D
Flamescreen
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Flamescreen »

I like the spear. The colt I can't see in the weapons section, maybe you haven't posted yet. The flask is nice too. Very fallouty(depends what you're doing of course). I like the healing balm best though. Indeed the best sprites are that of 3d models. Probably cause they lose less detail when size changed.

Flamescreen
Flamescreen
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Flamescreen »

Max-V and OTB, also JJ86 maps. Open these. There are ways to list people properly there. Especially OTB is very thorough with that stuff too.

Flamescreen
[Roe] Snake
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by [Roe] Snake »

yeah I've noticed :D
[Roe] Snake
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by [Roe] Snake »

One: M4a1 screenshot coming up...
[Roe] Snake
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by [Roe] Snake »

have you seen my detailed 8 bit color screenshot ??? I can convert any kind of compression into any kind of bit color without losing any of the edges and graphical lose...

Only the jpg loses some of it's quality, I've posted something about it... with a link, don't know where I posted it though !

I can show you some 24bit images converted into 8bit images and without color lose ... or atleast... not what the human eyes can see... It's something this program was created for... It's only like 1500 to 1800 dollars... Am I glad I got hold of a copy :D
SDMVersion3
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by SDMVersion3 »

Nothing to do with images. Looks like a coding hiccup or incompatibilty.
Error! I suck balls.
Duck and Cover doesn't... always.
[Roe] Snake
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by [Roe] Snake »

Hmmm what kinda resolution do you run ?
SDMVersion3
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by SDMVersion3 »

1280 by 1024
Error! I suck balls.
[Roe] Snake
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by [Roe] Snake »

your resolution might be the problem... the web-site was build for 1024x768 & 800x600, cause here at home I only have 800x600 and most other people use 1024x768... so I can't even make the web-site on such large resultion because I won't even see my own icons if I change mine...

that might be the problem or your browser has a a hard time with the javascripts
SDMVersion3
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by SDMVersion3 »

It's definitely NOT the resolution.

Javacripts perhaps. What browser are you using?
Error! I suck balls.
MacBeth
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by MacBeth »

i changed my resolution to 1280x1024 and it looks fine (i'm using mozilla firebird, yhm i mean firefox) same in 1024x762

ps. the m4a1 screenshot looks promising

ps.2. i checked and it looks the same in IE 6.0 (maybe NOT the same, but i havent got that problem with those news)
Last edited by MacBeth on Thu Feb 26, 2004 9:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
- who's the one to BLAME!? -
- shin! shin! sei! kyuu! sai! -
- hail the mushroom cloud -

me not like my english ;)
[Roe] Snake
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by [Roe] Snake »

So there is noting wrong with the site... figures... Cause I would be insulted since I'm a Webmaster :D ;-P
[Roe] Snake
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Dam Tiles & Idea's - Tiles Artist Wanted !!!

Post by [Roe] Snake »

Hey there,

I'm working on some new idea's for the modification I'm working on and I am working out some idea's for the final map and I was thinking of doing something really unique but I lack the skill to create custom tiles or sprites... So I am looking for an artist who is willing to help me out with just one big idea... It's just one thing really but I can't do it myself because I have no idea how to create these custom tiles...

http://www.angeltowns.com/members/snake ... as/dam.jpg

here's the idea of a dam I want for the final mission map, but since there are no such tiles available in the editor to make it look like this... I will need custom created tiles... and I would like to ask if someone has the skill and the dedication to do this for me and my crew... I really really want this done, it would beso great to see this become reality...

Let me know what you can do... maybe we can put some hands together and work it out with a few guys together.

Greetz,

Snake
[Roe] Snake
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Dam Tiles & Idea's - Tiles Artist Wanted !!!

Post by [Roe] Snake »

Hey there,

I'm working on some new idea's for the modification I'm working on and I am working out some idea's for the final map and I was thinking of doing something really unique but I lack the skill to create custom tiles or sprites... So I am looking for an artist who is willing to help me out with just one big idea... It's just one thing really but I can't do it myself because I have no idea how to create these custom tiles...

http://www.angeltowns.com/members/snake ... as/dam.jpg

EDIT: Copy & Paste the address into your IE address bar... my webserver doesn't allow offsite linking or something ! :censored: :anger:

here's the idea of a dam I want for the final mission map, but since there are no such tiles available in the editor to make it look like this... I will need custom created tiles... and I would like to ask if someone has the skill and the dedication to do this for me and my crew... I really really want this done, it would beso great to see this become reality...

Let me know what you can do... maybe we can put some hands together and work it out with a few guys together.

Greetz,

Snake
Jimmyjay86
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Jimmyjay86 »

You need to find someone who can create it with a 3d modelling program and then chop it up into tiles. Its a big job.
[Roe] Snake
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by [Roe] Snake »

Well, the editor who makes the custom sprites for the modification is very good at 3D modelling... But I don't know if he can make something like this and chop it into tiles... It's ok if it's just one large tile... Works for me... As long as it's not bigger then what the map can handle with depth hight

Greetz

P.s: You know anyone ?
Jimmyjay86

Post by Jimmyjay86 »

No, I don't know anyone. But you don't have to break it up into normal-sized tiles. I think one huge tile may be too much though.
Last edited by Jimmyjay86 on Fri Feb 27, 2004 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[Roe] Snake
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by [Roe] Snake »

hmmm then the best way would be 4 pieces or something... The 3D model might be available for downloading at a 3D model site... I'm checking some right now...
Our Host!