[ROE] spawn point.

Mapping & modding Fallout Tactics and reviewing maps thereof.
[Roe] Snake
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by [Roe] Snake »

yeah that's basicly my same problem... in my head it's all clear, on paper it should work but in FOT they don't and this is a very desterbing bug or what ever... my character wont even lose the startup prefab items an I don't know why... I've set the triggers the right way... I know so because they worked before...

[TBC]-PaladinHeart, could you write down a way to simulate the mortar fire for me ?
Tc63
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Tc63 »

how about a non set off able trap, that you can trigger with the object script state command?
[Roe] Snake
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by [Roe] Snake »

Monday, Februari 23

I've added some new preview screenshots from a bunker map, this is well underway to be finsihed... Got some more screenshots coming up from another map and I am about to receive a new finished map so I'll be putting up screenshots from these two maps aswell

I've also put on some new weapons, we also ask you NOT to copy them without our approval, since the credits go to their creator and editor... stealing is not in our nature... So we expect the same from any other mapper / mod maker.

If you're looking for Weapon packs... send in your requests and I might consider doing a special weapons pack.

Check out: Http://www.rules-of-engagement.tk

Greetz,

[Roe] Snake
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by requiem_for_a_starfury »

Set up a deathtrap to do the damage and an effect spawn to show the explosion, check out the robot flyer mission to see how the effect spawns were set up and triggered.
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Flamescreen
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Flamescreen »

You mean not to copy the second weapon displayed and the items?
Cause I think I've seen the rest in Seraglio's sprite pack. Or was it Macbeth's? Both had great weapons.

Or does this stand for .ent files?

Flamescreen
[Roe] Snake
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by [Roe] Snake »

still without their approvel it's not nice to use it... I asked before using any of it...

Greetz
PaladinHeart
Strider
Strider

RE

Post by PaladinHeart »

I've used so much stuff that I doubt I'll be able to recall all the names for the credits. But im pretty sure the items were made in the best interest of mod making anyway. Its not like im going to take credit for making any of the sprites anyway since I obviously can't make them myself.

Besides, I'd rather give credit in other, more creative ways within the campaign itself.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. " -John 3:16

Hopes. Dreams. You have to live these things. If not, they will remain prisoner within the confines of your mind for the rest of your life.
[Roe] Snake
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Level Border / Fade To Black Problem

Post by [Roe] Snake »

Hey Guys,

I'm not a master in mapping, as you all know :D

I've been working on a map but I ran into a problem, the actual playing field is smaller then the map dimension... I need to crop it so it will fade to black on the outside... if you know what I mean.

Every map fades into black on the map borders but I can't find an option to do this manually... I guess the yellow lines do it automaticly but since my actuall playing field is smaller then the map dimensions it wont do it...

Any idea's or could anyone make the map smaller for me cause I'm not planning to make it bigger...

Please let me know ASAP... it's urgent !

Greetz,

Snake
Chaos
Respected
Respected
Location: Somewhere, don't really know I got lost on the way to Vault 13.

Post by Chaos »

to make it so that the map fades to black where you want it just set the level boundaries (yellow square/lines) to a certain distance from the edge of the map. you cannot go past the invisible boundaries in-game, but you will see it fade just just like in other maps.

P.S. Make sure that you dont put anything you want to be able to access in-game outside the boundaries.
Soldier of the wastes. :gun:
[Roe] Snake
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by [Roe] Snake »

hmmm ok but won't I replace the yellow borders ? They are on one side connected to the map, so it's out of place on 3 sides... So I will to crop the yellow borders to fit the map ?
PaladinHeart
Strider
Strider

RE

Post by PaladinHeart »

The you can set the level top and bottom in the level tab. It should be quite visible (one of the largest buttons) and the set level top/bottom buttons are also fairly visible once you click the level tab.

The level top is placed at the top left corner and bottom at bottom right corner of the map.

Oh, since approximately half of this is visible in-game you might still want to put a little visual stuff there, like ruined buildings and debris. It makes the map look nice, even if its not necessary.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. " -John 3:16

Hopes. Dreams. You have to live these things. If not, they will remain prisoner within the confines of your mind for the rest of your life.
Chaos
Respected
Respected
Location: Somewhere, don't really know I got lost on the way to Vault 13.

Post by Chaos »

yes you will replace the borders for what you want it to be like.

P.S. I will send you some screenshots pointing to the button to press and where to set them.
Soldier of the wastes. :gun:
[Roe] Snake
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by [Roe] Snake »

please cause I don't know what I'm doing... when I resize the map half of my map dissapears

P.s: Chaos, Do you have Msn Messenger ?
PaladinHeart
Strider
Strider

RE

Post by PaladinHeart »

There is no need to resize your map for smaller purposes. You can just hide what you don't need with the level tab.

[Roe] Snake
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Fallout Tactics: Rules Of Engagement Forum

Post by [Roe] Snake »

Hey Guys,

Our New Forum Is Active, You'll Find All The Useful Info & Up-dates Regarding The Upcoming Modifications, Maps, Characters, Weapons & Items... You Name It, We Post & Talk About It.

You can also find some background info on the crew.

http://www.darkwebdesign.com/bauke/forum/

Greetz,

Snake
[Roe] Snake
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by [Roe] Snake »

Hey Ya'll,

Been working on the Website, I've updated a few of the sections and linked the new forum to the site...

I have received some new screenshots from the crew working on the maps and the sprites. I've uploaded a cool looking weapon screenshot that should catch some attention :clap:

I added some new Weapons & Items which will make it to the modification and some new Map screenshots.

Check It Out If You Like: Http://www.rules-of-engagement.tk

Let me know what you think so far...

Greetz,

Snake
M92FS
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by M92FS »

downloaded your demo , and checkout the 2 new weapons , the sprite for MP5K is nice but how come it's not black in colour, your custom Steyr AUG is too powerful already. the dmg it does is in the M2 Browning range already. there's 3 guns with the same name at your weapons site. ( H&K Caws Up )
Last edited by M92FS on Thu Feb 26, 2004 2:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
It's about *beep*in' time some backup got here! Quote by Paladin Solo. ( FOT )

You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? Then who the hell else are you talkin' to? You talkin' to me? Well, I'm the only one here. Who do the fuck do you think you're talking to? Oh, yeah? Ok.

http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/dload. ... ile_id=762
SDMVersion3
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by SDMVersion3 »

Your website is all screwed up over here.

Might be on my end. I'll get back to you.
[Roe] Snake
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by [Roe] Snake »

Fixed the name issue on the site...

The demo from our modificaition is very old... It's actually a year old and I lost some files duo a hard-drive crash... You should see the demo more like a teaser... nothing serious !

We're not releasing any demo's until the end result is finished, we don't want to spoil any features, that's why I'm posting and putting up all the changes and screenshots... Then people know how far we are... I can tell you, it's well under way.

Greetz & Thanks for the comments... I need them !
[Roe] Snake
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by [Roe] Snake »

I know the server is slow with loading images... You have to give it some time and they'll load... I'm sorry, just didn't have anything else I can use so far... as soon as we have a better host up, I'll switch... Guess this will have to do for now !
Our Host!