[ROE] spawn point.

Mapping & modding Fallout Tactics and reviewing maps thereof.
[Roe] Snake
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

New Weapon Problem.

Post by [Roe] Snake »

Hey Guys...

I found this nice looking Mortar Launcher Sprite, in one of the mission specific dir's.

I want to use it for some of my missions but here comes the problem.

I opened up a Turret *.ent file and saved it as a new turret file, didn't change anything to the properties.

After saving it, I change the sprite from the original to the Mortar sprite.

So now I have a new *ent file with a new *.spr on it... So it's still the same Turret, just with a new sprite...

When I place it into the map and gave it ammo and it's basic weapon which was already loaded in the original *.ent file... It can not fire it's weapon... I changed nothing but the sprite... Where's my problem ? Cause I very much like to use it as a defence for enemy locations.

Please help...

Greetz,

Snake
bertgoldstein
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Re: New Weapon Problem.

Post by bertgoldstein »

[Roe] Snake wrote:Hey Guys...

I found this nice looking Mortar Launcher Sprite, in one of the mission specific dir's.

I want to use it for some of my missions but here comes the problem.

I opened up a Turret *.ent file and saved it as a new turret file, didn't change anything to the properties.

After saving it, I change the sprite from the original to the Mortar sprite.

So now I have a new *ent file with a new *.spr on it... So it's still the same Turret, just with a new sprite...

When I place it into the map and gave it ammo and it's basic weapon which was already loaded in the original *.ent file... It can not fire it's weapon... I changed nothing but the sprite... Where's my problem ? Cause I very much like to use it as a defence for enemy locations.

Please help...

Greetz,

Snake
Probally that new sprite doesn't have an animation for whatever weapon it's using

In the entity editor try changing the firing animation to one of the other ones, or open up the sprite in redviewer to see which animations it has.
[Roe] Snake
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by [Roe] Snake »

Thanks... I'll try it !
[Roe] Snake
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

FOT: Rules Of Engagement Map Previews !

Post by [Roe] Snake »

Hey Guys,

I've made a new section on our project web-site. You can preview some of our work in progress, we like to know your opinion and feel free to send it any comments and/or idea's.

During the week I hope to add some more screenshots, I'll keep you posted here.

Http://www.rules-of-engagement.tk <--- Preview !

Greetz,

Snake
Thuron
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Thuron »

very neat indeed !

Good site !

Great work !

:joy:
[Roe] Snake
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by [Roe] Snake »

Thanks... Always like to hear some good comments :D
[Roe] Snake
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by [Roe] Snake »

Have some new Weapons & Items images on-line... Check it if you like...

Greetz,

Snake
Flamescreen
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Flamescreen »

There has been a discussion about this in the past. The mortar provided by the game doesn't work. Same thing for many other aspects.
Flamescreen
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Flamescreen »

Looks ok, but focus on mapping more. I've seen mapping projects die that had cool websites. If you can't find mappers, modify existing map. Visit OTB's site. It's a great source of info and screenshots that teach mapping.
[Roe] Snake
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by [Roe] Snake »

I have 3 mappers right now... I think it will come along fine if we focus on each team member handling one task at the time...

I'm doing like 5 at the moment but I don't have to worry about mapping cause I suck at it...

Anyways, it will work out...

Thanks
PaladinHeart
Strider
Strider

Mortar

Post by PaladinHeart »

You can always use triggers to simulate a mortar. Be a little complicated but it could work.

Besides, wouldn't a mortar look silly without someone there to operate it?
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. " -John 3:16

Hopes. Dreams. You have to live these things. If not, they will remain prisoner within the confines of your mind for the rest of your life.
[Roe] Snake
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by [Roe] Snake »

Well I was thinking of using the mortar (if it would work) then give it a tagname, when the tagname die's, or a character that I've put with it, to make it seem as he would fire it... then use triggers so when ehter the character die's, the mortar die's too, or the other way around...

But can you tell me how to simulate them cause I have tryed this with mines and it didn't work... So if you can help me out a little I'd be very happy !

Let me know,

Greetz
[Roe] Snake
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Welcome [Roe] Scarecrow

Post by [Roe] Snake »

Welcome Bro :joy:

Let's ride together... Let's die together :drunk:

Good to know you're registered and part of our team !

Greetz,

Snake
[Roe] ScarEcroW
SDF!
SDF!

Post by [Roe] ScarEcroW »

yadi yadi yada always playing with me eh and when are you going to fix the network at youre place i hope soon because im gonna kick youre ugly ass with fallout
[Roe] Snake
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by [Roe] Snake »

Guess why the network is disconnected in the first place :evil_laugh:

No serious... I'll try and fix it friday or something... My comp is still :censored: and I need to check if it will work again...

My FOT isn't crashing anymore... that's a plus & a first :eyebrow:

Greetz
[Roe] ScarEcroW
SDF!
SDF!

Post by [Roe] ScarEcroW »

ok thats the first time i hear good news today oh that was the first news i got today :d

i hope it wil work this time

see ya
[Roe] Snake
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by [Roe] Snake »

yeah with the new rules set we can be equal and characters are basicly equal to each other... but that still wont change the fact that I'm gonna win :evil_laugh:

I've been playing it a little longer... but you've learned today to NOT stand on mines :confused2: that should help you a little :eyebrow:

But ehhh I'll fix it as soon as possible !

You're coming tomorrow to play FOT again ?

Greetz
Franz Schubert
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Franz Schubert »

omg hi can i join your clan??
bertgoldstein
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by bertgoldstein »

I've a been working on trench warfare map that does something like this which is based off timers and setting various zones as death traps and turning them on and off.

There is probally a better, more elegant and random way of simulating mortar fire though, since the way I'm doing requires a shitload of triggers, and doesn't work half the time.
[Roe] Snake
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by [Roe] Snake »

We're not actully a clan... We're a mod team but when ever we have the chance we play FOT on a network... We use a rules set to make it fair for everyone and make sure you have to use tactics... No drugs allowed... only healing equipment... No more rushing...

But ehhhh sorry, [Roe] stands for Rules Of Engagement, which is the mod we're currently making for FOT.
Our Host!