[ROE] spawn point.

Mapping & modding Fallout Tactics and reviewing maps thereof.
[Roe] Snake
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by [Roe] Snake »

I've put in the Prison Map you've send me and merged it with another map I had from myself... So that was very usefull, the Airport map I did not use because it was very empty, I will see if I can finish it myself but to make 4 complete maps myself will be almost imposible and next to that, I've only scratched the surface when it comes to mapping, so it will take me like forever... So I am looking for someone who is skilled enough to help out with the mapping issue.
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by requiem_for_a_starfury »

Rubbish, at least 75% of making a campaign is the mapping, if you're not able to do it or willing to do it then you've no business recruiting others to make a campaign. Basically you're saying I've got an idea for a campaign but I want someone else to do all the hard work while I sit around playing with myself.

What does it matter how long it takes you to complete the maps, some people have been working on their campaigns since the game came out, it's not as if you've got a deadline to meet. The important thing is getting off your backside and knuckling down and doing some of the donkey work yourself.
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
[Roe] Snake
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by [Roe] Snake »

Let me tell you what I do... I create all the characters, write all the text speeches, make all the weapons, implant all the entities into the map, create the triggers, create the missions files, create the custom character profiles and portraits... I do everything but the mapping...

So I could use a little help with the mapping, so if I can't get any help I'm stuck with doing everything alone and that takes ages... I've been working on this mod even before the game came out, I started working on the campaign when the demo came out and I want to do big things with the new campaign... It takes alot of work and if I'm sitting down, playing with myself, how come the first 4 missions are ready ?

But hey, I can always keep working on it on my own and then this mod will be finished by the time Fallout 5 comes out... then the mod will have no use now will it...
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Total bullshit, you lazy sod. What do you think the rest of us who are working on our own projects are doing we do all that and the mapping!

Populating and scripting is the fun part, new character portraits are totally insignificant and only take a short time to do. Perhaps instead of messing around making your website you'd knuckled down and done some mapping you might of finished by now.

The first 4 missions are ready because you've had help from probably some of the best mappers in the community, and four missions aren't much to boast about if you have been working on the campaign for so long. Especially if from the list of maps the first one 'Crash Site' is that rubbish you foisted off on us as a demo (and despite the advice you were given in the demo review you still re-released it not using a path and this time in a exe).

You're not looking for help you're looking for some poor sod to turn your vision into reality for you while you sit back and do all the fun stuff, if you're not prepared to work on your campaign by yourself until it's finished, no matter how long it takes, then it doesn't deserve to be finished.
[Roe] Snake
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by [Roe] Snake »

You know what, you can critisize all the things I do and not do... But pardon my french when I give you a big Fuck You !
Stevie D
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Stevie D »

lol

Snake, I don't know if you recieved an email that I sent a while back, but I've sent you the bits and pieces I made for the RoE project.

You seemed to disappear off the scene for a while - this is the first I've seen of you for a long time. In the past months, I've moved onto a project of my own, so I can't offer to help you any more I'm afraid.

Shortly after I sent the email, because I did not recieve a response, I sent the same material to BigTom, who was also on the lookout for maps and mappers. I was a little worried that the material would go to waste, you see, and was keen for someone to use it. Anyway, if you have got what I sent, no problems. But if you haven't, there's now a clash of interests, which could be 'interesting' to resolve.

Anyway, gents, I hate to spoil a good slanging match, so back to you.
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Slanging match, there's no slanging match. Just a little boy having a temper tantrum because people aren't falling at his feet to worship his campaign and rush to do all the work for him.

I'm just fed up with his spam every few months, tiling isn't hard just tedious. It's crap like this that puts people off making maps for FOT or joining other projects when someone seriously needs help to get things done.
Stevie D
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Stevie D »

Snake, you've taken a hell of a lot of flak this evening, and on more than one forum. I'm surprised at the ferocity of some of it (not just here, Req) but the point remains the same - you can't expect to lead a mod unless you shoulder the shittiest of the shitty tasks. And it's true - tiling is the dullest and most time-consuming job of the lot. You're always going to draw criticism if you avoid it and hope for someone else to do it.

If it means having to learn from scratch, then it's worth it. The rest of us did.
[Roe] Snake
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by [Roe] Snake »

Look man, first of all, I'm not a littel boy, second, my intentions are good and I intend to do something nice, if that makes people think like what requiem_for_a_starfury thinks, that's a shame cause it doesn't hurt me to get flamed or whatever...

Stevie D, I never got your mail and yeah I did dissapear from the scene a few months, I got a damn good reason for it, it's personal, it's very sad and there is nothing I could do to change that... Let me just tell you that the situation did not allow me to continue my work on the project... I will not tell you anything, I'm off, I will read the reply's and if anyone is interested in helping out, they'll email me and if not but I am not gonna continue a useless discussion about what my intentions are or what they are not, I am not sitting around, listening to judgements other people make, that don't even know me...

What requiem_for_a_starfury thinks is his problem but I don't like to be part of a discussion where people judge me when they don't even know me and I'm certainly not gonna stick around and fight on a stupig forum.
MR Snake
Chinderella
Chinderella

Post by MR Snake »

Hye Roe Snake, you were back on Nma before but then you got banned for something. sup dude?
Do these glasses and my two chins make me look sexy?
[Roe] Snake
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by [Roe] Snake »

Hey Man,

Yeah that Roshambo guy bans for no reason, he just doesn't like me very much because a few months back he banned a project member of mine, then I send him an e-mail and he friggin' tripped on me, he was kinda flaming in bad language, so from that moment on I take nothing serisously from what he says... he's an asshole... but hey, I will stay nice to people if they are nice to me... if people start flaming for no reason, yeah sure I'm gonna flame back, and aspecially when they know jack about me.

I'm cool... working on the project for now :)
[Roe] Snake
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by [Roe] Snake »

I got this little PM saying:
Roshambo wrote:http://www.duckandcover.cx/forums/viewt ... 948#208948

Liar.

Did you honestly believe that they can't look at your posting history there at DAC and here? You have given both sites, and Scotty's now, a reason to ban you outright. No reason, indeed.

Keep trying, little boy.

My Reply to Roshambo in PM was...

What ever... ban me, kick me, delete my posts, I don't really care what you do with my account on NMA...

You are the child who doesn't have a life and takes away all his anger on a friggin' stupig gaming forum which should be for the community, asking for help, placing comments and telling their experiences...

You play god on a gaming forum, which I personally find very childisch, and it says alot more about you then about me.

Lister m8, I'm not here to flame, spam or call people names, I'm here to get the best result out of my project as possible... That's all... You do what ever you want...

Maybe you should stop playing god and just let the forum community do it's own damn thing... You're just a little boy who can't take the fact that there are people who have a mouth full and talk back to you, you are just a silly child that can't take it when someone actually has something to say to you and it just makes you feel small and unsure of yourself, and then you're gonna use your silly forum powers and ban people, cause you wanna play god... cause you're actually a small little man in the real world, people walk right over you and you seek power on the friggin' internet.
[Roe] Snake
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by [Roe] Snake »

On which I received a reply saying:
Roshambo wrote:Wrong, child. I am not here to play the part of your parents. I am not your mother nor am I your father. I nor NMA have no obligation to you.

YOU, however, have certain obligations as a forum user that you have woefully neglected to observe on three forums within the last few days.

Don't try to shift the blame because people are tiring of your game, boy.

-Rosh
On which I replyed:

Sure, what ever man, you just do this to amuse yourself, you have no life what so ever, so you start flaming people, in the hopes you'll get a dirty responce and then you can use your forum rights, which make you feel a little more stronger because in real life you're just a scary little child...

If you flame, you will get a responce, you just won't accept the fact that you're just as wrong as the people who flame back... You start this shit, don't blame me for saying something back, it's one of the things you could have known before you flamed me

Don't cry now and certainly don't fucking speak about my mom, dad or my fucking family... leave them out...

The fucking problem with you and people like you... When people start to outsmart you, or make a remark which hits your emotional weakness, you always try to bring in mom and dad, you always try to make things personal, which shows again, more about you then the people flaming you back for what you just called them... cause to be honest, you're just as bad, you call people names just as hard... cause I've received a few emails from you which aren't really nice in language... so don't turm this around on me !
[Roe] Snake
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by [Roe] Snake »

Ahhhh and then he used his admin rights to block my option to private message...

And the saddest thing of it all, he send me a PM after all of this, which I was unable to reply, stating obviously that he is crying and he can not take the fact that he just got "owned" himself... he can't take the fact that I stayed pretty decent to him, he just kept on pushing, calling me names and stuff... well, says more about him then about me...
Jimmyjay86
Hero of the Glowing Lands
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Jimmyjay86 »

Heh, Rosh is a little man. It's too bad he doesn't go off to fight in Iraq or something but we all know in reality the little pussy can't fight so he'd end up as road sausage in his first day there. I guess because of his pimply-faced, weak persuasion he must make up for it by trying to act tough in the virtual world of the internet. Ignore him, his reign of impotence shall soon come to an end as it definitely should have long ago.
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

DON'T make three seperate posts to reinforce one point! There's an edit button there for a reason, use it! (Retlaw I stand corrected :) )

First off, we don't care about your private arguement on another forum.

Secondary you're the one who just got owned,

1 for the simple fact you can't tell the difference between being flamed and someone disagreeing with you or you being reprimanded for breaking forum rules.

2 because arguing with an admin on his own forum is an mug's game, when they have the power to ban you.
[ROE] Snake wrote:Look man, first of all, I'm not a littel boy, second, my intentions are good and I intend to do something nice, if that makes people think like what requiem_for_a_starfury thinks, that's a shame cause it doesn't hurt me to get flamed or whatever...

Stevie D, I never got your mail and yeah I did dissapear from the scene a few months, I got a damn good reason for it, it's personal, it's very sad and there is nothing I could do to change that... Let me just tell you that the situation did not allow me to continue my work on the project... I will not tell you anything, I'm off, I will read the reply's and if anyone is interested in helping out, they'll email me and if not but I am not gonna continue a useless discussion about what my intentions are or what they are not, I am not sitting around, listening to judgements other people make, that don't even know me...

What requiem_for_a_starfury thinks is his problem but I don't like to be part of a discussion where people judge me when they don't even know me and I'm certainly not gonna stick around and fight on a stupig forum
The trouble is we don't know you, you have contributed nothing to this community except spam. You've released no maps, (a 10 min demo using an existing map with a few extra tiles and some entities doesn't count) no tiles, sprites, portrait packs, help or advice.

We can only go on what you post or release, your posts come across as a child's wanting attention and your demo actually takes longer to install and read the read me than to play, and displays none of the admirable goals that you expressed in the read me. It's just a powergamers delight with an uber character and weapon. Not only that but you ignored the advice posted in the demo review to use a path set up and rereleased the demo in an exe with even more junk files (who wants your thumbs.dbs?).

Mapping isn't hard it's just a case of sticking tiles next to each other, on top of each other, in front or back of each other. Making a good looking map requires talent or a lot of practice, and definately patience but it's not like using the radient editors where you have to create everything from scratch and then having to compile everything and finding you've got far too many brushes. You don't need good looking maps to have a fun campaign, so saying your not a mapper, can people do the work for you just gets my goat. I don't consider myself a mapper, Spartans was as simplistic as it could get and Tripple H plain ugly, but I like to think I'm improving with practice. Perhaps for a standalone mission you might need to have a really good looking map but for a campaign, if it was well scripted and designed (and fun to play) people would cut you some slack over how it looked.

At the end of the day if you're not a mapper and not even willing to try, as in release some maps you created and withstand any criticism, then all you've got is an overbloated fan fic and you're just as bad as those who come on saying I've got a great idea for a mod will someone make it for me.
Last edited by requiem_for_a_starfury on Sun Dec 12, 2004 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

@ [Roe] Snake: There are a lot of threads on the forums about what a dick-smoke Rosh is; the Tactics modding forum doesn't need to home to yet another one. If you want to talk about how badly you've been abused, take it to Feelings Online.

Also, I am sure it has been made clear to you through your posts at NMA, TRS and here that no one will help you if you keep being belligerent. The message you are communicating to us is that you're not really sure how to do the hard part of a campaign, and that you're unwilling to learn. All of us here were new to this at one time, and the only way any of us solved it was through experience. It's perfectly acceptable to ask for help; it's patently unacceptable to demand others do your work for you.

@ requiem_for_a_starfury: In his defense, snake didn't triple post. What he did was make three seperate posts to reinforce one point, which is almost as bad.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
[Roe] Snake
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by [Roe] Snake »

I am not demanding anything, stop putting words into my mouth and for fuck sake, stop judging things you don't know shit about... I don't fucking care about the people who don't want to help and just lame a few posts together...
MR Snake
Chinderella
Chinderella

Post by MR Snake »

I got banned aswell for, get this, saying I didnt like him. Atleast I didnt cuss like he did and ban for noting, my consciense is clear.
Do these glasses and my two chins make me look sexy?
Pope Viper
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Pope Viper »

Wow. I didn't realize Rosh was such a universally hated individual.

So much teen angst. So few hours in the day to express it.

/Shrugs.
Our Host!