[ROE] spawn point.

Mapping & modding Fallout Tactics and reviewing maps thereof.
[Roe] Snake
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

WANTED: Video Editor / Artist

Post by [Roe] Snake »

Hey There,

For the upcoming project for Fallout Tactics: Rules Of Engagement, I am looking for a Video Artist / Editor who can make me a nice intro movie for the modification... Now, the Intro will not have to be custom made, I am thinking of using bits and pieces from the Fallout Tactics original movies, put that in a compilation video, I can remember alot of cool actions from the movies, such as the nuke exploding, the guy who is trapped in a corner and goes beserk against an enemy robot... The intro movie with the hummer, I'd like a compilation movie from the orginals but I can't seem to find a good program that will let me edit the movies... So I'm looking for someone who is willing to make a compilation movie.

If you're interested, please let me know... Snakediablo@hotmail.com

Http://www.rules-of-engagement.tk

Greetz,

Snake

Post by Guest »

You might try to make them mpegs, splice them together, andv then "bink" them.
[Roe] Snake
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by [Roe] Snake »

I can't find the program to that sort of thing... That's the whole problem

Post by Guest »

Bink? Theres a whole thread about it:

here
Jimmyjay86
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Jimmyjay86 »

I haven't tried to mess with any of that but assuming you did a full Google search there is tons of material that may help:

http://nickyguides.digital-digest.com/mov2avi.htm
http://www.geocities.com/ffrog.geo/converters.html
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/guides/ ... quu1a.html
etc
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

fallout ranger wrote:Bink? Theres a whole thread about it:

here
Bink can convert movies and add sound, but you can't actually EDIT the frames.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller

Post by Guest »

I know, but bink is how the game plays them. So you need it to play ingame movies. You can't play a WMV in tactics.

What a waste of my 300th post.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

We all know that.

But Snake's problem is not converting to bink. His problem is finding a program to cut together a movie which he will convert to bink when its done.
- the Vault Dweller

Post by Guest »

I guess I must have misread it or misunderstood it. Doesn't Doom 3 have a movie editor?
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

I don't know enough about the Doom 3 editor to be sure, but if it does the only thing possible with it would be to make movies inside the game engine.
- the Vault Dweller

Post by Guest »

I wouldn't have a problem with that. Its not like every movie has to be a lightwave like the tanker in FO2.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

The problem is that the movie's in Doom 3 aren't handled that way.

They actually occur in the game engine itself - they behave just like any other part of the level, aside from the fact you can't control the action from the game. So, they aren't movies in the sense that they are MPEG files or whatnot.
- the Vault Dweller
[Roe] Snake
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by [Roe] Snake »

Retlaw83 wrote:We all know that.

But Snake's problem is not converting to bink. His problem is finding a program to cut together a movie which he will convert to bink when its done.
Ok One more time... I've got this bnk file, converted it into AVI and now I want to edit scene's and parts from the movies... cut pieces out and put pieces from other movies in... make that one movie and make it a bnk file again...

The Bink issue aint the problem... the problem is finding a program that will let me Edit / Cut & Modifie AVI / MPEG or what ever format... that's what I need... So I'm looking for someone who can do this and has experience with these kinds of things...
Jimmyjay86

Post by Jimmyjay86 »

Windows Movie Maker for one. But again I think it should be pretty easy to find several freeware movie editors. It appears they are pretty basic and easy to use. After all they are geared for the lowest common denominator of computer user :)
[Roe] Snake
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by [Roe] Snake »

^^ Ok I'll check it out :) Thanks...

Check your mail bro, I've send you some requests...
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

Windows Movie Maker is only good for putting clips together, I think - I haven't found a way to add and remove frames or cut out sections of video with it.
- the Vault Dweller
[Roe] Snake
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by [Roe] Snake »

Hmmm ok... I've tryed Adobe Something... And it let's me cut scene's from movie files... but after converting the BINK file from FOT into an AVI File that turned out to be 2 GB the Adobe program kinda went freeze on me...

So I rather have someone do it for me who knows how to work with these kind of things...
[Roe] Snake
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by [Roe] Snake »

Jimmyjay86 wrote:I don't have hosting space any more right now so until there is a possibility that DAC can host me then my site is in limbo.
I can host your website if you still need hosting.
xbow
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

editing a vid the dirty way

Post by xbow »

I will only talk about AVI files because thats all I have ever edited with ulead gif animator. Ulead gif animator can suck up a very short video clip and give it back to you in individual frames (there is a size limitation) , from there you can remove or add frames or take some of them to photoshop and dink with them. Once that segment is done save all the frames in whatever format you desire. After that you can then use a movie maker to turn the edited frames back into a video.

Jimmyjay86

Post by Jimmyjay86 »

[Roe] Snake wrote: I can host your website if you still need hosting.
I'd appreciate it. Mostly I would like hosting for tile and sprite downloads. My tutorials are almost all being hosted here now. I'll be in touch soon when I get the pages ready.
Our Host!