SPECIAL System Boxing Simulator

Role-play any post-apocalyptic scenario to your heart's content or discuss unofficial Fallout PnP games.
RAK
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

SPECIAL System Boxing Simulator

Post by RAK »

Hello there. I will be your GM and commentator in this simulator.

I'm presuming that the people who are going to play already know about the SPECIAL system, so that saves me a hell of a lot of time.

So down to the specifics:
I would like at least 2 and at most 8 players for this simulator. You will be fighting on a 10 by 10 square grid. We will only be using the Strength, Endurance, Agility and Luck stats for this, due to the others being redundant. You will have 25 points to distribute between them.

I will presume that all characters have tagged Unarmed.

There will be Endurance and Luck rolls when:
Endurance: If you would be knocked down, I will roll against Endurance, if you succeed, you don't get knocked down.
Luck: If you would be rendered unconscious or dead, I will roll against Luck, if you succeed, you will continue the fight with 1HP. This will only happen ONCE.

Your weapon will be the Boxing Gloves in Fallout PnP. Not the Plated variety either.

You may NOT target the legs or groin, if you choose to, you will immediately be disqualified. And I'll be pissed off.

The victory conditions are:
Knockout: The opponent is rendered unconscious or dead;
Technical Knockout: The opponent concedes;
Points: You have made more hits at the end of 5 full rounds without another victory condition occuring;
and Disqualification: The opponent breaks the rules.

Each round will take 20 full turns.

So, any takers should PM me with their application including all Primary Stats, I'll set up a grid for combat, and LET'S GET READY TO RUMBLE!
"When conversing about oligarchy, you must consider this point: Many children are taught from an early age that monarchies are primarily benevolent, and are given very little to discourage this opinion until at least adolesence. Even more prevalent are stories about the supposed benevolence of heirs to the throne, symbolising a cycle which they are taught is good."
Mr. Teatime
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Mr. Teatime »

Good luck with this - I suspect most people won't take it seriously but if I have time I'll think up some stats. It could be fun to have some semi-serious roleplaying in the roleplaying forum for once :D
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

i punch u, u die
:chew:
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Powerplaying!!!

I don't know how to play Fallout PnP, I would love to join you guys otherwise :((
Mr. Teatime
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Mr. Teatime »

I think you just distribute 25 points between the stats RAK mentioned, and then PM those to him, and let him sort out the rest. Though I've never done PnP roleplaying before either. Perhaps some more info for us noobs? D:
RAK
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by RAK »

Well, basically, this is, to some extent, a lot like the boxing championship in Fallout 2. I have the Boxing Sim FAQ written out, if you do need it, PM me, I'll send it to you.
i punch u, u die
You must have me mistaken with somebody who ISN'T the referee. See, I can send out a Level 24 Super Mutant with a Bozar to kill your character in no time.
"When conversing about oligarchy, you must consider this point: Many children are taught from an early age that monarchies are primarily benevolent, and are given very little to discourage this opinion until at least adolesence. Even more prevalent are stories about the supposed benevolence of heirs to the throne, symbolising a cycle which they are taught is good."
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Okey... how many people are involved in this by now?
RAK
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by RAK »

You... and nobody else. That makes... one.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Oh great. Let me just punch myself in the face and die KTNXBYE
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

The only way to win, is to die. Yes, that wonderfully unique approach fits you nicely Kash. :drunk:
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Well if I'm the only competitor and I have to kill all my opponents to win, to die by my own fist of fury is the only way to score-- err, win the game, right?
RAK
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by RAK »

Well, theoretically, you could fight me, but most people would be a bit suspicious that I was cheating. Of course, if you want to...
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

'100% critical chance and 30 levels of the Toughness perk ? No, no, that's not cheating ! It's . . . Look ! A three-headed monkey !' . . . :drunk:
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

ill fite u

i throw a punch?! WHAT WILL HAPPEN NEXT!
:chew:
[HpA]SniperPotato
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by [HpA]SniperPotato »

I SWING IN ON A VINE AND PUNCH YOU IN THE TEETH
kthx bai!!1

("you" being megatron and kashluk)

I have three arms.
Fallout Tactics multiplayer: COOPnet and MegaCOOP map pack
Antimeasure
Strider
Strider

Post by Antimeasure »

ima bring a shotgun to the party!

BLAST!
I like my women as i like my whiskey. Twelve years old and mixed up with coke.
Franz Schubert
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Franz Schubert »

I target an aimed-punch in the leg! Chop Socky!
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

guys... you better not mess with me... i know karate and im not afraid to use it :gnasher:
Franz Schubert
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Franz Schubert »

*Franz pulls out a shiv and stabs Gimp repeatedly in the throat*

That's some gangsta shit right there.
vx trauma
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by vx trauma »

I wanna be a boxing-elf. And I have a magic scarf of fatality +5!!! secret emo-move kicks teeth in! *WHAAAOOOMPH* iwiniwin!!
Our Host!