Chinese Astrology

Talk about music, movies, TV, books, other types of entertainment and what your vices are. Also, if you're addicted to the high you get off Aspirin, this is the place to talk about it.
RAK
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by RAK »

Oh, yeah, explanation for bringing up monarchy:

I am a Dragon-born in Chinese astrology, and the site says that Dragons are monarchs. Not only am I a strong advocate of removing monarchy, but I hardly have any control at all, which sort of blows up that idea. I then had to say that I felt that monarchy is rubbish, and an explanation of why came up, because I'm a pedantic nerd.

And then I went on to say that, yes, I am a pedant with no life(but I didn't really say it like that), and I went on to be really snobbish and call myself an intellectual (which it could be argued that I am).
"When conversing about oligarchy, you must consider this point: Many children are taught from an early age that monarchies are primarily benevolent, and are given very little to discourage this opinion until at least adolesence. Even more prevalent are stories about the supposed benevolence of heirs to the throne, symbolising a cycle which they are taught is good."
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

RAK wrote: There's no "pseudo" about it. I might be an asshole, but at least I'm an intellectual asshole.
A wise man knows himself to be a fool. And in the kingdom of the blind the man with two eyes must have made everyone else blind, so he must be the ruffest, tuffest most biggest bad-ass in that kingdom IMHO.
:chew:
avenger69ie
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by avenger69ie »

St. Toxic wrote:Hm. I dont get any of this Chinese Astrology. How is it connected to monarchy? :drunk:
RAK is just exerting his/her dominance on us lowly non-intelectuals... or so it would seem.

Hi, i'm an intelectual from a political forum... mind if i rub your nose in this irradiated brahmin shite?

and i thought i had an ego problem lol
welcome to DAC RAK
RAK
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by RAK »

Heh, normally, I don't have an ego problem, just making myself known. That's what whoever gets for saying I should be banned as an SDF.
"When conversing about oligarchy, you must consider this point: Many children are taught from an early age that monarchies are primarily benevolent, and are given very little to discourage this opinion until at least adolesence. Even more prevalent are stories about the supposed benevolence of heirs to the throne, symbolising a cycle which they are taught is good."
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

RAK wrote:I am a Dragon-born in Chinese astrology, etc etc forever and ever the end, or is it ??1/?!
Perhaps you are placing a bit too much faith in astrology, perhaps you are an exception to the (dare I write) 'norm' ? I'm not worried.
RAK wrote:and I went on to be really snobbish and call myself an intellectual
*hugs*

WELCOME ! :drunk:
avenger69ie
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by avenger69ie »

Ego isnt a problem RAK, its an incurable disease that all males have. Wouldnt worry about it.
RAK
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by RAK »

Perhaps you are placing a bit too much faith in astrology, perhaps you are an exception to the (dare I write) 'norm' ? I'm not worried.
Actually, I place almost NO faith in astrology, I'm just pretty pissed off at the monarch stereotype.
avenger69ie
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by avenger69ie »

would regal/majestic be a better term to use instead of monarch?

keep in mind that astrology site was written up by some taiwanese guy
St. Toxic
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by St. Toxic »

RAK wrote:I'm a pedantic nerd.
Ah yes! I have heard of these, very bad sign in chinese archeology. You are excused, Rack.

I myself come from a long line of royal blood! Indeed, I am related to the dope who translated the Holy Book to 40 different dialects of mandarin, in feeble attempt to make people out of Chinamen. Good God. :evil_laugh:
Nicolai
ASSHAT
ASSHAT

Post by Nicolai »

RAK wrote:Heh, normally, I don't have an ego problem, just making myself known. That's what whoever gets for saying I should be banned as an SDF.
Yep, you're quite the internet tough guy. :drunk:
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

Fuck the police. Also internet political discussions are lame and they all go in the same direction, so keep them to a sterile minimum.
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Nicolai wrote:
RAK wrote:Heh, normally, I don't have an ego problem, just making myself known. That's what whoever gets for saying I should be banned as an SDF.
Yep, you're quite the internet tough guy. :drunk:
We're lucky this is the internet, eh?
RAK
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by RAK »

Hell, I'm 5'6" and 135 pounds. What do you think I'm going to do to you? Hurt you? I'd like to see that!

Most of you are probably in excess of 5'9" and stronger than I am. My biggest asset is my speed. Which I can use to... Improve my Unarmed and Melee Weapons skills... Or run.
Subhuman

Post by Subhuman »

Hey, I'm 5'6" and 125 lbs. If anyone should be running, it's me.
Nicolai
ASSHAT
ASSHAT

Post by Nicolai »

RAK wrote:
Hell, I'm 5'6" and 135 pounds. What do you think I'm going to do to you? Hurt you? I'd like to see that!

Most of you are probably in excess of 5'9" and stronger than I am. My biggest asset is my speed. Which I can use to... Improve my Unarmed and Melee Weapons skills... Or run.
yeah yeah yeah, now lick my boots. :drunk:
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

I'm 6'3 and 200lbs. I have training in karate, kick-boxing and judo. I have 17 confirmed kills on the streets and served 3 tours of duty in Vietnam. I can kill a man by ramming my eyes on his fingers and crushing his arm into his rib-cage and making his heart explode.

AND AM SMART! I was the smartest kid in school everyone was like 'yeah, he's not smart' but I happen to be an intellectual and own at least 40 books and various audio casettes of classics such as the stand and the dark tower series'.
:chew:
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

i hear you can make someone shit explode in shit in only 5 hits of your fingers?
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

the first rule of fight club is that you don't have to talk about fight club
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

where's the T mang
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

i'm a nihilist, i don't believe in correct capitalization or even punctuation for that matter
Our Host!