Fallout 3 plot

Since Bethesda decided to make Fallout 3, we figured we might as well have a forum about it.
Mr. Teatime
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Fallout 3 plot

Post by Mr. Teatime »

I just thought it could work where you started the game emerging from a Vault. The time is set after Fallout 2, and you're someone who's been locked in a vault, just like in Fallout 1, except you were in the vault all through the events of Fallout 1 and 2. So now you're emerging from the vault... just like in Fallout 1... but other than that you have no connection to the vault dweller.
Dan
I pwn j00
I pwn j00

Post by Dan »

By saying the time is set after Fallout 2, how much further? Because if it's in the same area (which I guess you meant, because you didn't specify any other location), the whole Fallout 2 plot is kind of hard to not pay attention to.
Mr. Teatime
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Mr. Teatime »

I'm not sure. I just thought it was a nice idea, in being able to go back to the roots of FO1 with a naive vault dweller emerging into a destroyed land, whilst not using some 'you are the descendant of the vault dweller' mysticism stuff.
And as for the end of FO2, I can't actually remember clearly what happened. Most of the time the game crashed right after Horrigan was killed.
Nicolai
ASSHAT
ASSHAT

Re: Fallout 3 plot

Post by Nicolai »

Mr. Teatime wrote:The time is set after Fallout 2, and you're someone who's been locked in a vault, just like in Fallout 1, except you were in the vault all through the events of Fallout 1 and 2.
I thought that 80-100 years passed between fo1 & 2? :drunk:

Personally, I'd rather have Fallout 3 be set between the events of Fo 1 & 2, or perhaps in an area that was not as technologically advanced as the one in Fo2.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

I'd have a FO3 set in Alaska mebbe. Or Canada, and see what happened with all the forest up north.
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

Fuck the continental United States, what about Fallout 3 being set in Hawaii? Huh?
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Hawai was grilled man. Kaput. Shish-KEBAB.
St. Toxic
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by St. Toxic »

Why not cram it in during the F1 times but in a slightly different location?
Maybe crossing the original vault dwellers path, or feeling the aftermath of the cathedral nuke, etc.
Mr. Teatime
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Mr. Teatime »

I don't like the idea of having as some form of prequel. Because then I get the sense I'm not really affecting the world because it's all got to end up how it is at the start of Fallout 2 or whatever. Plus it would be a bit lame to have a big bad world-threatening monster that no one knows about when Fallout 2 starts.

Maybe they could do a PS:T style thing, where you're the president of the US who started the nuclear wars, and you were frozen in cryogenic tanks until now, and now you're in the wasteland, liviung with your guilt... and you have a load of flashbacks where you get to play the game, so you can play before the nuclear devastation, or something.
Mismatch
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Mismatch »

or, how about this; you're a descendant to this evil god of murder. and there are theese other descendants too, and one of them is the big bad one who throws someone off a rooftop in the beginning.
and an old man dies.
and you have sex with yuour sister, who has purple clothes.

no. your idea was better.
St. Toxic

Post by St. Toxic »

or, how about this; you're a descendant to this evil god of murder. and there are theese other descendants too, and one of them is the big bad one who throws someone off a rooftop in the beginning.
and an old man dies.
and you have sex with yuour sister, who has purple clothes.
GOTY material.
brillo
Regular
Regular

Post by brillo »

I'd rather see something set sometime between the first two games, and somewhere else in the country. Really, as little involvement in the previous storylines as possible. Certainly not another vault dweller descendant.

And as I've mentioned before, I love the idea of it being set in a city's ruins rather than the same old desert style wasteland.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

st_toxic wrote:Why not cram it in during the F1 times but in a slightly different location?
Maybe crossing the original vault dwellers path, or feeling the aftermath of the cathedral nuke, etc.
That's a good idea actually.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Desert wanderer style it is - I've had enough of (FOT!!1) city ruins.
Sovy Kurosei
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Sovy Kurosei »

I like the two scenarios Teatime listed, although wasn't the president of the United States moved to the Enclave base when World War III started? Although the idea of somebody waking up from being held in frozen stasis would be kind of neat, especially if you are the only survivor when the player character wakes up.

Kind of reminds me of Blue Gender though.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

DEMOLITION MAN
boywoos
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by boywoos »

I'd rather FO2 was forgotten alltogether. basically I'd like to see the real sucessor to FO.
Kahgan
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by Kahgan »

how about no main plot?
how about just starting of as anyone and do whatever you like, start a Decker-style buisniss, just walk around as a mysterius stranger Mad Max-style, start a raider clan, run around as a do-gooder, no big enimy end boss...??
I dunno, I'm just tossing around ideas... :drunk:
BRING BACK CENTERED DAC!

REGIN* FOR KING OF NORWAY!

http://forum.nwsgames.net/index.php
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by King of Creation »

I, for one, want the game to take place on the East Coast. And since Bethesda is in Maryland, hopefully the chances of that happening are pretty good. I mean...you've got a lot more on the East Coast in terms of setting up for big plots: The White House, the CIA, the ridiculous nuclear Sub bases and factories in Connecticut (represent), New York City, Boston, Colt Gun factory, Sikorsky and Pratt and Whitney aircraft, and the list goes on and on. Personally, I think it could make for a much more interesting game than on the West Coast.
<a href="http://www.duckandcover.cx">Duck and Cover: THE Site for all of your Fallout needs since 1998</a>
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

But if you take it to the east coast, you lose the whole midwestern deserted wasteland feel, which is really what Fallout's all about.
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
Our Host!