Movies

Talk about music, movies, TV, books, other types of entertainment and what your vices are. Also, if you're addicted to the high you get off Aspirin, this is the place to talk about it.
Kashluk

Movies

Post by Kashluk »

Damn, I love having a satellite dish. I just watched 3 movies in a row from Canal+ and enjoyed them all very much. I started with the one and original Dune, continued with Final Destination and ended my marathon with The Core. They were all more or less good, I especially liked Dune and the trickery in Final Destination. The Core, in all of it's credibility, was more like mediocore (pun very much intended), but still watchable.

How about youz guyz? Been watching a lot of films lately?
Last edited by Kashluk on Thu Dec 23, 2004 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

Your life is a neverending parade of games, movies, and eating cunt for breakfast, isn't it?
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Well, it depends. Not for the 10 hours a day of school and work it isn't. Not for the few hours of sports and exercise it isn't either. But for the most part, yeah. It is. All that. Except that I've been honestly lacking in the cunt eating deparment lately.

Still jealous? :chick:
Subhuman
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by Subhuman »

Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

Kash, you are a twat. BE PROUD. :drunk:
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

Subhuman wrote:Cough.

Ya I havent rented a movie in a long time and havent watch a movie from start to finish for quite awhile too. That last movies I saw in the theatre was Oceans 12 which was a bit pseudo wierd and blade 3 wasnt very good. I downloaded Lost in Translation which was pretty good.
Ernesto
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Ernesto »

Dune sucked. Hard.
Franz Schubert
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Franz Schubert »

LiT was pretty good, but then again, any movie with Bull Murray in it will be at least "pretty good" by default. I thought the ending was kind of awkward too.
fallout ranger
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by fallout ranger »

instead of renting, and paying of my hundreds of dollars in late fees, I buy shitty five-dollar DVDs, occasionally a good one.

Yes, dune DID suck...hard.
POOPERSCOOPER wrote: I downloaded Lost in Translation which was pretty good.
what?
does this work
Nicolai
ASSHAT
ASSHAT

Post by Nicolai »

I watched the Director's Cut version of King Arthur yesterday, t'was pretty good, but what was up with that chick's outfit? Can't have been too comfortable to run around in something like that.
avenger69ie
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by avenger69ie »

been watching Band of brothers for the third time.

Also seen When Trumpets Fade... fairly decent war movie
fallout ranger

Post by fallout ranger »

band of brothers is awesome...
does this work
Dan
I pwn j00
I pwn j00

Post by Dan »

Yeah, and the DVD box set has a nice design to it.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

I get some free movie channels so I can watch movies like The Hulk and think that must have been the worst movie I've seen all year.
:chew:
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Blargh: I am. I really am.

I saw Hulk (on Canal+) as well... The only thing that was worth mentioning were the effects when the green beast kicked around those tanks. It was pretty cool and well done. Then again that fight against those mutated dogs or whatever was like straight from The Mask, without the humor.
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

Franz wrote:LiT was pretty good, but then again, any movie with Bull Murray in it will be at least "pretty good" by default. I thought the ending was kind of awkward too.
Quite, but then again Sophia Coppola is a bit of an arty nitwit. In spite of all that, just seeing Scarlett Johannson (or however you want to spell her name) makes me happy.

And, ohmigawsh, The Life Aquatic comes out tomorrow. Goldblum is going to rule as Bill Murray's rival.
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
Mandalorian FaLLouT GoD
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Mandalorian FaLLouT GoD »

atoga wrote:
Franz wrote:LiT was pretty good, but then again, any movie with Bull Murray in it will be at least "pretty good" by default. I thought the ending was kind of awkward too.
Quite, but then again Sophia Coppola is a bit of an arty nitwit. In spite of all that, just seeing Scarlett Johannson (or however you want to spell her name) makes me happy.

And, ohmigawsh, The Life Aquatic comes out tomorrow. Goldblum is going to rule as Bill Murray's rival.
Lost in Translation was boring and trite. I didn't want to watch it when I did and i'll never watch that movie again.

Scarlett in her underwear made me watch that movie though.
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

Yeah, more or less. That movie was all amusing acting on Murray's part and Scarlett being extremely hot. In conclusion I fucking hate the Nips.
axelgreese
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by axelgreese »

avenger69ie wrote:Also seen When Trumpets Fade... fairly decent war movie
That movie was ok man I guess if I wanted to guess.
Nicolai
ASSHAT
ASSHAT

Post by Nicolai »

Got Kill Bill vol 1 & 2 today, so I'll probably watch them tomorrow or something.
Our Host!