stop ti

Make dumb suggestions so we can ignore them. I'm lovin' it.
Dan
I pwn j00
I pwn j00

Post by Dan »

Pyro wants us to become a normal community, so then he can call people swell guy, without it sounding boring, because it will become 'edgy' once again.

He is right, in the respect that by over using racist terms, their meaning grows weaker, so we need to let them re charge for a time before we start using them again.

Or stop using them and treat everyone (including jews and black people) the same. Or something.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

oh yes how ironic that I bring this up lol yes yes yes. But it's still a point dickheads. Too much of anything isn't really good, that's why they call it too much. And eh, I spam. But I don't just call people names all the time because it's fucking boring and too easy. And porcu puts some effort into writing like that.

Last time the mods got too involved with all the bullshit and it didn't solve anything anyway. It was just modding for the sake of modding. And even then people still made crap posts.

bah, whatever. have fun writing round in circles and talking about goatse.
:chew:
Dan
I pwn j00
I pwn j00

Post by Dan »

So what is the solution? writing on interesting subjects? Like Fallout and stuff?
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

perhaps not posting shit might work? yes, we all hate subhuman. But we don't need to reply to everyone of his posts and call him a OH SHIT I HEAR THE ICE CREAM TRUCK!!!!!111!1111oneone.

and I never called anyone a swell guy. Just a gook.
:chew:
Mr. Teatime
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Mr. Teatime »

Gonna introduce a new forum wide policy in a bit. ASSHATs is going, instead, we're gonna be able to lock people in the Wasteland, so they can call each other names all they like, they just won't be able to leave the forum that suits them best.
Mr. Teatime
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Mr. Teatime »

Here you go:<blockquote>Ok, here's the deal. We're cracking down on pointless, spammy posts, for a number of reasons, one of them being that they're really, really tedious to read. We're not saying you can't spam - you can, but only in The Wasteland. From now on, the DAC staff are going to take a much harsher view of off-topic, derailing replies that are outside of The Wasteland, and we're going to make a much larger distinction between that forum and the rest of the site.
The sort of thing that won't be tolerated in non-Wasteland posts includes, but is not limited to:

- Responding to someone's post with an insult, and nothing else.

- Posting something that has nothing to do with the thread it was posted in.

- Overly offensive posts calling people 'fags', 'swell guy' and the like. These sorts of posts aren't big or clever, and they stopped having shock value years ago. If you have to insult someone in that way, do it in The Wasteland where most people can ignore you.

- Making the majority of your posts pointless. For example: 'Yeah LOL'. Very occasionally it can be funny, but make sure most of the time when you post, you're actually saying something that contributes. We considered removing Quick Reply, as that makes it easy for people to make thoughtless, two-second posts. In the end it was decided to keep Quick Reply, but it can give you an idea of the type of attitude being talked about.

As a way of enforcing this new policy, we've removed the ASSHATS forum. If someone decides to spam up the site, we can now lock them in The Wasteland instead, for however long is necessary, where their posts belong. Hopefully, most people will be able to live with this, and if not, tough luck, as it is something we are going to actively enforce.

The Wasteland is there to accomodate people who want to spam, derail and offend. It is unmoderated for that reason, and will remain the "desolate shithole" it always has been. The rest of DAC is a different place though, where people should put more thought into their posts.</blockquote>Before I 'finalise' it and put it as a rules announcement, anyone got any problems or comments?
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

Providing one can still insult others in an eloquent and witty manner, whilst contributing insightful commentary, pithy banter and so on and so on . . . no foreseeable problems. I'll be certain to keep you posted if anything comes up, aye ? Aye. :drunk:
Mr. Teatime
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Mr. Teatime »

Sounds good. Eloquent and witty insults that are backed up are fine. The short version is, it's basically saying to keep the one-liners and spam to The Wasteland.
Dan
I pwn j00
I pwn j00

Post by Dan »

Well, it sounds rather good. Long as you don't lock the Wasteland to regular posters, so it could serve a duel purpose: Locking in certain people, and providing the spammy outlet for regular posters.
Mr. Teatime
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Mr. Teatime »

Dan wrote:Well, it sounds rather good. Long as you don't lock the Wasteland to regular posters, so it could serve a duel purpose: Locking in certain people, and providing the spammy outlet for regular posters.
Yep, that's how it works.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Am I considered DAC staff and thus do I need to enforce those? D:
Last edited by S4ur0n27 on Mon Dec 27, 2004 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

I don't see a moderator tag on you... You're just a spammy twit.
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

Visability of moderator/admin etc status is forum specific, tw - Kash. Hence you'll only be directly able to appreciate D5it-m38's position when browsing the inane idio - S, J&R&R forum. Yeehaw. :drunk:
Mr. Teatime
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Mr. Teatime »

Yeah. And Susan, yes please uphold the law in your forum :)
I'm not sure if moderators are able to lock people in Wasteland, I'll know more tommorow when DU comes on.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Even there the moderator thingy doesn't show, but I am a mod D:
Mr. Teatime
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Mr. Teatime »

Well we can fix that. It would mean losing the spammy twit status though. What's more important to you? D;
Spazmo
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by Spazmo »

I don't see how giving Susan power and then suggesting that he isn't actually a Spammy Twit is at all a good idea.
How appropriate. You fight like a cow.

RPG Codex
Dan
I pwn j00
I pwn j00

Post by Dan »

Yeah, you should make me and Spaz super mods... Like before. Hmm, yeah.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Having Spaz as a mod is the last thing you want.
Dan
I pwn j00
I pwn j00

Post by Dan »

Why is that?
I remember we were doing a good job as super mods and no one complained.
Our Host!