stop ti

Make dumb suggestions so we can ignore them. I'm lovin' it.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

stop ti

Post by Megatron »

hey dudes perhaps you could actually mod a bit with all the calling people gay swell guy and shit, it doesn't seem very internet friendly and we're attracting various miscreants and other assholes.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

I can't believe you're serious about this.

Edit - Okay I'll delete every post I see with the word swell guy or gay if they're used in a non-educational way.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

"Listen, Timmy - that man over there... He's a swell guy." Now that's what I call education!
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

I'm not that bothered but it gets a bit boring reading the same posts about some other guy being a gay swell guy jew or whatever.
:chew:
Subhuman
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by Subhuman »

Then ban those people. And by "people", I mean MFG.
Ghetto Goose
Strider of the Wastes
Strider of the Wastes

Post by Ghetto Goose »

I agree.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

we shouldn't really ban people, we barely have anybody posting here anyway. Just stop writing shit you fucking idiots :chew:.
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

Megatron wrote:Just stop writing shit you fucking idiots :chew:.
Perhaps you might be kind enough to lead by example, Megs ? :drunk:
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

I try mate. I wrack my mind and soul to come up with such hilarious posts as '' and that other one. But come on, it's just lazy writing a sentence saying 'lol swell guy' or whatever fucking hell I shouldn't have to tell you turds just read the shit you post, it isn't funny or interesting or anything, it's shit. I don't care about shitty short posts, so long as there's some variety ok

this forum is shit ok whatever i dont care lol just stop it you geeks
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

lol swell guy?

"
<('.'<)
"
(>'.')>
"

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

I'd have to agree Meg, tedium through vitriol just reeks of a lack of effort. Be more creative, you syphilitic snot guzzling whore turtles, or else.

Yeah, hollow threats add spice. :drunk:
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Well, seriously though, the art or perhaps... the disease, that could be called "daccism", seems to have gone a bit out of control. Spreading all over the forum, pouring out from the Wasteland en massé... Not good, not good at all.

I too have noticed that there does not seem to be a single serious conversation in these forums anymore. "Daccism" exists everywhere I go on these forums these days, while once it was condemned within the sturdy walls of the Wasteland. It was highly entertaining and enjoyable, as you could access such material whenever you wanted - you were in control of the situation.

Now, when I'd like to read news about Stalker or get some tips on new CDs to buy, I always get goatse and other disturbing things. Obvious symptoms of "daccism". Maybe we really should take some drastic measures to keep this epidemic from spreading any further? And maybe actually get a hold of it once again and keep it in control?

I would personally enjoy that very much. But I would also like to add that DAC should never be purged completely of it's... exotic... condition. As human body needs bacteria, so does DAC need "daccism" - too much ends up with killing the carrier, none kills it anyway. It's a lose-lose deal, my friends. A lose-lose deal.

My two euro-cents,
Kashluk the god damn bugger
Mr. Teatime
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Mr. Teatime »

I sort of agree with Kashluck and megatron. I try and keep a lot of that stuff in the wasteland if I see it, but there's only so much I can do, short of banning various people. I'd guess the other admins and mods would say the same.

We could put up some stricter, more specific rules, like 'dont spam swasticas in the general discussion forum' or whatever, but I'd much prefer to rely on peoples' sense of responsibility and community, or something. Still, that's another option less serious than banning if it's a real problem.
Last edited by Mr. Teatime on Thu Dec 23, 2004 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

To change the situation, we - the people, yes, as corny as it sounds - must make the change. If we stop spewing bullshit around, then the walls won't be covered in crap. It's as simple as that. It begins from every one of us.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

I agree with myself :) :roll: :cheese: :crackers:

It used to be that I was banned for this shit and now it's more or less encouraged. Perhaps we could all chillax and at least try to stay on topic for 5 posts huh hombre.

you could just say if you post shit you can go to the asshats. if threads end up shitty just move them to the wasteland. It doesnt need to be as strict as it was, but you need a bit of control perhaps. Over things in general instead of getting involved in the drama like last time ok
axelgreese
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by axelgreese »

Calling people swell guy, swell guy and jews is hardly exclusive to DaC.

You'd have to ban the whole internets LMAO.
Mr. Teatime
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Mr. Teatime »

Though it is becoming something of a theme on DAC in particular. Anyway it might be a new forum-wide policy, on off-topic spam replies or something, and keeping one-liners and remarks like 'swell guy' and 'jew' to The Wasteland; after all, that forum is there partly to keep the spam down in other forums.
I'll have to think about it some more.
DarkUnderlord
Paragon
Paragon
Location: I've got a problem with my Goggomobil. Goggo-mobil. G-O-G-G-O. Yeah, 1954. Yeah, no not the Dart.

Post by DarkUnderlord »

Wasn't it just a while ago that we were being called Mod Nazi's and DAC was supposedly turning in to NMA?

Whore turtles. :chuckle:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
axelgreese
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by axelgreese »

Mr. Teatime wrote:Though it is becoming something of a theme on DAC in particular.
Again, hardly exclusive to DaC.
Mandalorian FaLLouT GoD
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Re: stop ti

Post by Mandalorian FaLLouT GoD »

Megatron wrote:hey dudes perhaps you could actually mod a bit with all the calling people gay swell guy and shit, it doesn't seem very internet friendly and we're attracting various miscreants and other assholes.
Mega, you are classic. You, yourself, represent the problem in general.

Well porqu does more than you, but in general, you create the shit posts in General Discussion which only lead to name calling and childish behavior.

On that note, you're lucky this is the internet, you whining sack of shit.
Our Host!