Title Music stopping ?

Mapping & modding Fallout Tactics and reviewing maps thereof.
Lord_Nighthawk
SDF!
SDF!

Title Music stopping ?

Post by Lord_Nighthawk »

hi there,

i´m currently working on a modification for fot (what a wonder to post that topic here, eh? :hahano: ) and i got a small problem/question:

i composed a new title song also, but if i start my first new campaign map the music continues after debriefing and the title music REALLY :? does not fit for the ingame play...

so any ideas or suggestions how i can make my title music stop or play something ambient exept?
Last edited by Lord_Nighthawk on Sun Mar 20, 2005 8:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by requiem_for_a_starfury »

How are you getting it to play the music? Did you replace the music\gui\MX_ENV_MENU_MAIN1.MP3? IRRC the gui theme will continue to play until you enter combat, or is overriden by ambient music for each map but it will revert to the gui music otherwise. Probably the best way is to take your new theme tune and make it the sound file for the briefing, just name it mission_brief etc and stick it in the same folder as the speech text file.
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Lord_Nighthawk
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Lord_Nighthawk »

Yes, i just replaced the original main.mp3´s. hmmm, i think with 5 minutes playtime its a bit long for the briefing ;)

i´m still trying to learn scripting, but the first map is already ready, so how can i add an ambient sound to the whole map to override the title-theme?
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by requiem_for_a_starfury »

There's an ambient sound tutorial around somewhere, probably at JJ86's tutorial pages, check the link in his posts.

Or cut it down to 49 seconds, then it won't overwrite the mission music.

Write some shorter music, or one that'll fit the ingame better.

Or use rad tools to import your new music into the intro movie.
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Our Host!