Weird Map Editor Thingy :S

Mapping & modding Fallout Tactics and reviewing maps thereof.
lamorea
SDF!
SDF!

Weird Map Editor Thingy :S

Post by lamorea »

Well, I've been fooling around with the editor lately, i built a small 1 story 3 room building, with a pen and some dead 'crops' outside of it. It looked real cool and all.
I saved it (just to be safe) and all the tiles turn black, all of them. The enteties look fine, but the tiles are black (even the building, i deleted the floor tiles just to check :P)
I got a little freaked out, so I closed the editor, reset, and then started it up again, loaded my map, and sure enough, still black. I placed some new tiles, they look normal, I save, and they turn black.
Anyone know WTF is happening?

TL;DR - When I save my map all the tiles turn black, help me! :(
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by requiem_for_a_starfury »

Adjust your camera boundaries so that they encompass your play area. Hit F7 or click on 'Level' and at the top left click on the top camera bound button and then click on your map where you want the top corner of your boundary to be, and then do the same for the bottom corner. You should leave a boundary of 13 floor tiles outside the camera boundary to get a pleasant bleed off.
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
lamorea
SDF!
SDF!

Post by lamorea »

=) I'll try that, Thank-you, I'll Edit/Post if it works or not.
lamorea
SDF!
SDF!

Post by lamorea »

Thanks, It worked, For some reason the default border is about a whole region, I haven't used the editor in forever I guess I forgot :P Thanks
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by requiem_for_a_starfury »

The default camera boundary is 7x6 tiles and starts from the origin, I guess they had to start it somewhere. :)
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Our Host!