Falloutsylvania

Mapping & modding Fallout Tactics and reviewing maps thereof.
xbow
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by xbow »

Thats probably why Dawn2004 sucked so heartily because it wasnt made in Pittsburgh and Romero didnt direct it. LOTD isnt an independant film like the rest of the series its got ties to universal and they made Romero make it in Canada because of the exchange rate.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

I've written pages and pages describing what I want to do with this, and the scope is too large for me to complete it in a reasonable time. 15 locations, plus 6 tactical missions, all the heavy scripting, and not to mention the story that I want to tell, is going to take a long while to complete with how much attention I can pay to it.

So, I guess no one should expect to see this until 2006, or maybe even ever.

Worst case scenario is that I'll develop it as a Fallout/Fallout Tactics clone when I'm a millionaire in 15 years. I might even be able to make it an official Fallout product; who knows?
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
xbow
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

cool

Post by xbow »

I wonder how much that asshole herve would want for a phoenix engine licens, the source code for FOT, the sprite editor, and the tile art? sounds like he would make good deal for a fraction of what its worth i think they are down to about 4 or 5 people. Ill bet a half a dozed good programmers and an equal number of GA's could make something happen. The engine is still viable in my book.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

Hell, I would give him 15 bucks for the sprites they made for Tactics 2. From what I've gathered in this here forum, Fallout RPG Combat Armor was the first new sprite made.
- the Vault Dweller
[HpA]SniperPotato
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by [HpA]SniperPotato »

I noticed one of those maps had what looked like Anti Aircraft guns in them. The map with the 4 railway thingies on the right side. If you could link me to a site where i could get those...

Also could someone teach me to do rooves cause i really suck balls at it. Should i keep making the bottom walls bigger so that the roof above wont be red?
Fallout Tactics multiplayer: COOPnet and MegaCOOP map pack
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

As far as I know, all the maps displayed in here used stuff that came with FoT.

If you're talking about my Borderton map, those are the robot turrets you face later in the default campaign.
- the Vault Dweller
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by requiem_for_a_starfury »

[HpA]SniperPotato wrote:I noticed one of those maps had what looked like Anti Aircraft guns in them. The map with the 4 railway thingies on the right side. If you could link me to a site where i could get those...
If you're talking about the map I posted then the AAguns are in my custom tile pack, the latest version is on JJ's tutorial pages.
[HpA]SniperPotato wrote:Also could someone teach me to do rooves cause i really suck balls at it. Should i keep making the bottom walls bigger so that the roof above wont be red?
The secret to getting the roof to fit is to make the walls of the house slightly overlap the floor tiles. I start the building in a blank map and once it's done save it as a clip to import where I need it.

I put down my floor tiles first, I usually just drag any floor tiles to fill an area roughly how big I want the building, and then replace them with more appropriate tiles later. Then I place one of the corner tiles (usually marked CT or sometimes D) lined up with the edge of a floor tile. With it still selected I hold down ctrl and use the arrow keys to move it one world unit to the right and then one world unit up (or once to the left and once down etc depending on which corner), so that it is over lapping the corner of the floor tile. I do this for all the corners so that I have the building outlined.

You should now have no problems fitting the roof, though to double check when you place the wall tiles each wall should be made up of several wall tiles marked A and one wall tile marked B. The It is most important to have that B tile, doing so your roof should always fit, you can then go back and replace your tiles with Cs and Ds etc. For example if you want your doors to have door posts or to add detailed tiles to break up the pattern etc.
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
[HpA]SniperPotato
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by [HpA]SniperPotato »

Oh sweet thanks, thats the AA gun stuff I needed. Woooo I can do rooves now. This place r0x.
Fallout Tactics multiplayer: COOPnet and MegaCOOP map pack
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

Thinking on it, I'm probably going to do four areas (which would be along I-80 in real life) and release those as a demo. If I get feedback from the demo, I'll do the other content.
- the Vault Dweller
fallout ranger
Hero of the Glowing Lands
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by fallout ranger »

Retlaw83 wrote:Fallout RPG Combat Armor was the first new sprite made.
goddamn that would have been awesome.
does this work
Our Host!