Falloutsylvania

Mapping & modding Fallout Tactics and reviewing maps thereof.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

I tried doubling the thickness of the wall. Didn't turn out too well, but I plan on wiring what exists and adding additional turrets.

With the whole companion thing, I think I'll make a male Star equivalent who would not be a love interest for a female character and has completely different skills and stats. That way, the decision to be male or female will have more impact. Also, if I can set it up a certain way, Star won't have romantic interest in a male character if his charisma is too low (below 4, mayhap?).
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

Here's a picture of Borderton Mark II:

http://img137.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img137& ... 0007pc.jpg

Requiem has been moved inside a tent, there are more turrets, barbed wire tops the walls, the ground has more variety, and I found a tile of Jesus on the cross in the graveyard tiles, so that is now hanging off the church.
- the Vault Dweller
Stevie D
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Stevie D »

There are some useful bits in Mission Specific ==> Mission 11 for churches. Most of them are for that mission where the ghouls have got that nuclear warhead, and wouldn't fit a more general theme, but there are some nice churchy candlesticks.
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by requiem_for_a_starfury »

Stevie D wrote:There are some useful bits in Mission Specific ==> Mission 11 for churches. Most of them are for that mission where the ghouls have got that nuclear warhead, and wouldn't fit a more general theme, but there are some nice churchy candlesticks.
There are some nicer quality candlesticks and a small cross in mission specific\mission 6\church altar along with a more traditional altar. Plus in the custom tile pack there are some great big crosses.
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

Thanks for the help!

If you guys want the rundown on the weapons I've added from the RPGs, here they are:

10mm Pistol
10mm SMG
Combat Shotgun (The Neosted's stats were identical - I just had to change the graphic)
Grease Gun
Pipe Rifle
Red Ryder BB Gun
Red Ryder LE BB Gun
14mm Pistol
.223 Pistol
Assault Rifle
Light Support Weapon (stats identical to the SAW's - yet again just a graphics change)

All the weapons that are common between FoT and the RPGs will be present as well. I'm not sure if the Mauser will make the cut, though. The only unused ammunition type I have (and I don't want to add more with BoSEE - it would just complicate distribution) is the 40mm Grenade, and I'm thinking of keeping the M79 in there. I could make a 9mm ammo that is actually 10mm, making the Mauser take them both, just like in the RPGs.
- the Vault Dweller
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

I like the mauser but don't remember it taking 10mm, that was the P90 that started loaded with 9mm but could only be loaded with 10mm wasn't it?

What about the enhanced weapons, magnum with speed loader, scoped hunting rifle or extended capacity laser rifle etc? Will you be including any of those?

I hope you're taking out the unlikely real world weapons like the G11 and P90, even if they are in FO2.
Stevie D
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Stevie D »

requiem_for_a_starfury wrote:There are some nicer quality candlesticks and a small cross in mission specific\mission 6\church altar along with a more traditional altar...
Ah yes, so there are. For some reason I thought they were in the Postwar Town folder, which is why I didn't mention them. SILLY OLD ME! :clap:
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

requiem_for_a_starfury wrote:I like the mauser but don't remember it taking 10mm, that was the P90 that started loaded with 9mm but could only be loaded with 10mm wasn't it?
I think both the Mauser and the P90 behaved oddly like that.
requiem_for_a_starfury wrote:What about the enhanced weapons, magnum with speed loader, scoped hunting rifle or extended capacity laser rifle etc? Will you be including any of those?
I'm thinking about it. FN FAL with night sight would be the easiest, because there's an option to give weapons night sights in the editor.
requiem_for_a_starfury wrote:I hope you're taking out the unlikely real world weapons like the G11 and P90, even if they are in FO2.
Didn't plan on adding the G11 - among other things, there's no open ammo type for caseless, unless I replace the 75mm Tank Shell. However, the P90 was my favorite SMG in FO2 - I often kept it until the end of the game.

Also, if there are already graphics in FoT for something - for example, the Tommy gun and FN FAL - I'm not replacing them, so I can make the download size smaller.
- the Vault Dweller
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

I think the only suped-up weapons I'm going with are the turbo plasma rifle and the FN FAL with night sight. I thought all the other weapons upgrades were retarded or a bit unrealistic, with the exception of the .44 Magnum with speed loader. Of course, the speed loader effect cannot be obtained in FoT.
- the Vault Dweller
OnTheBounce
TANSTAAFL
TANSTAAFL

Post by OnTheBounce »

Retlaw83 wrote:I think the only suped-up weapons I'm going with are the turbo plasma rifle and the FN FAL with night sight. I thought all the other weapons upgrades were retarded or a bit unrealistic...
What about the Scoped Hunting Rifle? In FoT it can be simulated by setting the Range Category to "Scoped", which will not duplicate the extreme penalties for shooting at close range like the weapon suffered from in FO2, but rather put it in the same category as the Sniper Rifle. IMHO it's a nice way of handing out a good, long-ranged weapon, w/o having to hand the player something that hits as hard as the Sniper Rifle.

Another suggestion would be to include the DE w/Exp. Mag., but to reduce the cap. to something like 12 rather than the ridiculously high 20 that it was in FO2. The same goes for the Exp. Mag. version of the Assault Rifle, which could have a cap. of 48 rounds, giving the player the ability to spray six times before needing to reload, very useful in an extended fight.

One thing I will say is that the Exp. Cap. Laser Rifle should have been coded differently. It should have only used 1 MFC/2 shots, according to the description, not simply had a double-sized mag. Of course, you could change the desc., or you could make it into a "Lazer A$$ault Rifle", which is burst-capable. Three shots/attack at 0.9 (or less) Damage Multiplier would make a nice addition to the FO weapons catalogue, and the FoT sounds actually support a Laser Rifle that fires bursts. (No, it doesn't use the Laser Gatling sound.)

The lack of Speed Loading capability is a tragedy of the first order... :(

Cheers,

OTB
"On the bounce, you apes! Do you wanna live forever?!"
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

OnTheBounce wrote: What about the Scoped Hunting Rifle? In FoT it can be simulated by setting the Range Category to "Scoped", which will not duplicate the extreme penalties for shooting at close range like the weapon suffered from in FO2, but rather put it in the same category as the Sniper Rifle. IMHO it's a nice way of handing out a good, long-ranged weapon, w/o having to hand the player something that hits as hard as the Sniper Rifle.
I completely forgot about that little bastard.
OnTheBounce wrote: Another suggestion would be to include the DE w/Exp. Mag., but to reduce the cap. to something like 12 rather than the ridiculously high 20 that it was in FO2. The same goes for the Exp. Mag. version of the Assault Rifle, which could have a cap. of 48 rounds, giving the player the ability to spray six times before needing to reload, very useful in an extended fight.
One thing I will say is that the Exp. Cap. Laser Rifle should have been coded differently. It should have only used 1 MFC/2 shots, according to the description, not simply had a double-sized mag. Of course, you could change the desc., or you could make it into a "Lazer A$$ault Rifle", which is burst-capable. Three shots/attack at 0.9 (or less) Damage Multiplier would make a nice addition to the FO weapons catalogue, and the FoT sounds actually support a Laser Rifle that fires bursts. (No, it doesn't use the Laser Gatling sound.)
I used the automatic laser sound in my previous mod. I could do all the extended mag weapons, but I don't know if I will. I have your Fallout 2 sprites pack, and the terrific job you did with that makes anything a possibility.
OnTheBounce wrote: The lack of Speed Loading capability is a tragedy of the first order... :(
Indeed.
- the Vault Dweller
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

I've just added the Exp. Mag Desert Eagle and Assault Rifle, night-scoped FN FAL, and scoped Hunting Rifle. The only upgraded energy weapon will be the turbo plasma rifle, as energy weapons are already too useful.

Anyone has have a "special dramatic request" for an RPG weapon that isn't it FoT?
- the Vault Dweller
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

I don't want to update this topic like I'm a STALKER developer or something, but I want to give some story details. The basic background story can be found in my fanart story entitled "Fallout: Wasteland Warrior."

Borderton lies on the edge of the western border of Butler County, Pennsylvania, along Interstate Route 76. The borders of the Republic of Cleveland (aka the bad guys) reach to the borders of Butler county, and it's southern neighbor of Allegheny county. I-76 is on the southernmost part of Butler, and feeds into Route 19 and I-79 at an interchange. 19 and 79 parralel each other, and are both viable north-south routes to any important settlement in the area.

There will be over ten areas in the mod - you begin in Borderton, to the east of which along I-76 is Midway. Midway is located halfway between Borderton and Cranberry Station, where the three main routes connect. The northmost location of Erie is a hellish, frozen settlement where nuclear winter has taken up permanent residence; Grove City, a major trading post, is south of that. Going southward further, we find Slippery Rock, which is a bastion of learning (inside joke), Vault 79 (dug into the cliffs of McConnell's Mills State Park and using OTBs vault map), Zelienople, Cranberry Station, and lastly, Pittsburgh. There will also be a couple of raider camps - or worse - that need dealt with.

It will be the player's job to stop - or at least delay until Brotherhood forces arrive - the Republic of Cleveland from using their mutant army and other sundry nastiness to invade Pittsburgh.

It's going to be a free-form roleplaying much like the original Fallouts, with the notable exception of lacking dialogue options. It will also be one hell of a bitch to get the triggers right, as the player can go anywhere at any time.

Any suggestions or comments? And is anyone annoyed with me yet?
- the Vault Dweller
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Retlaw83 wrote:I don't want to update this topic like I'm a STALKER developer or something,
:blahblah: :)
Retlaw83 wrote:It's going to be a free-form roleplaying much like the original Fallouts, with the notable exception of lacking dialogue options. It will also be one hell of a bitch to get the triggers right, as the player can go anywhere at any time.
If you need any help with them just whistle. I've an inkling of an idea based on the clone system and the yes no sprites, but using the img tag in the clone's display name for dialogue, but I haven't had a chance to play with it yet.
Retlaw83 wrote:Any suggestions or comments?
I still think Fallout: The Masquerade was a good idea. :lol:
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

requiem_for_a_starfury wrote:I still think Fallout: The Masquerade was a good idea. :lol:
You're the only one. :chew:
- the Vault Dweller
M92FS
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by M92FS »

Retlaw83 wrote:I've just added the Exp. Mag Desert Eagle and Assault Rifle, night-scoped FN FAL, and scoped Hunting Rifle. The only upgraded energy weapon will be the turbo plasma rifle, as energy weapons are already too useful.

Anyone has have a "special dramatic request" for an RPG weapon that isn't it FoT?
how about a lever action rifle ? is it ok ? : )
It's about *beep*in' time some backup got here! Quote by Paladin Solo. ( FOT )

You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? Then who the hell else are you talkin' to? You talkin' to me? Well, I'm the only one here. Who do the fuck do you think you're talking to? Oh, yeah? Ok.

http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/dload. ... ile_id=762
SDMVersion3
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by SDMVersion3 »

Retlaw83 wrote:
requiem_for_a_starfury wrote:I still think Fallout: The Masquerade was a good idea. :lol:
You're the only one. :chew:
Nah, I'm with Requiem here. Get on it, Retlaw. :?
Error! I suck balls.
Duck and Cover doesn't... always.
xbow
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by xbow »

hey looking good retlaw83

No private barter in Borderton!!! AUCTION!!!!!

See that? It’s Borderton, where there was once thievery now there is trade, ill do anything to protect it

I made a similar outpost or fort for BigTom's campaign that I think is alright except for the little pattern on the desert floor tiles. I don't know if its bad enough to fix. I have seen some of the maps BigTom has been doing and they rock. I’ll just post this SS of the fort I made him I don’t want to let too many of his cats out of the bag but the man is working his arse off.

Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

Xbow, your map puts mine to shame.
- the Vault Dweller
xbow
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by xbow »

I think your map looks cool The only thing I can suggest is putting a walkway around the outer wall. that way the city guards can control the area from above and march from waypoint to waypoint looking all military and shit.
The light concrete tiles would make a good walkway and the inner wall could also be the concrete slab type. that way the continuity of the archetecture is maintained. I like the fresh concrete idea showing that the builders are doing new construction again.
Our Host!