So whats the deal..

Discuss Obsidian's Vegas Fallout game here. Also: Fallout 4, Fallout 76, Fallout Shelter and other new dairy products from Bethesda's farm that don't have separate forums here yet.
Yonmanc
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Yonmanc »

NinjaJesus wrote:I don't understand what you guys have against Fallout 3. I rather enjoy it, and have logged at least 250 hours into it. My main problem is that there is no challenge, or items that actually give me a sense of achievement.
And, y'know, I always feel like I'm cheating, for some strange reason. (X360 version)
You don't understand? There's hundreds of pages, go lurk for a bit.

My main problem is that there is no challenge, or items that actually give me a sense of achievement.
To be fair, a computer program that controls your emotions is a little out of their depths. maybe the game was just shit. I imagine you're a young fellow, you play games casually. Think you're a hardcore gamer but you're afraid of any title that might be older than yourself. So, you sit there in a haze, probably leaning on a beanbag, with an awkward look on your face as you tell yourself you're having a good time, when really you know the game's shit and your're trying to defend it, even to yourself. You didn't come here because you liked the game, you came here because you didn't know how to feel about it, got here, found the site too harsh.

You obviously know WHY we hate it, as the reasons are often in the same topic. Stop looking for a attention.
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

HEY GUYS I AM <NEW> AND I LIKE <TERRIBLEGAME> BECAUSE <TERRIBLEREASONS> AND BECAUSE I ENJOY <TERRIBLETHINGS> !

WHILE I HAVE NO INTEREST IN READING YOUR <FORUM>/<POSTS> AT ALL, I MUST ASK WHY, WHY DO YOU NOT THINK LIKE I DO ?

Over and over and over and over and over and over and over an -

:drunk:
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Haha, gotta agree with Blargh here!
Caleb
Strider
Strider

Post by Caleb »

The zombie apocalypse begins not with a medical mishap, but a virus unleashed by walmart and zenimax.
...signatures? WTF?
NinjaJesus
SDF!
SDF!

Post by NinjaJesus »

Too me, it just looks like you guys refuse to take off your nostalgia goggles.
Yonmanc

Post by Yonmanc »

NinjaJesus wrote:Too me, it just looks like you guys refuse to take off your nostalgia goggles.
To me, it just looks like you're a waterhead.
Redzen
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Redzen »

Lol, game nerds are hilarious. Simpsons Comic Book Guy lives. They should put him in Fallout 4, or whatever the hell its called.
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

Redzen wrote:Image
Redzen
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Redzen »

Yes, and more specifically, this post is the one that actually drove me to sign up and reply, after I was done laughing:
To be fair, a computer program that controls your emotions is a little out of their depths. maybe the game was just shit. I imagine you're a young fellow, you play games casually. Think you're a hardcore gamer but you're afraid of any title that might be older than yourself. So, you sit there in a haze, probably leaning on a beanbag, with an awkward look on your face as you tell yourself you're having a good time, when really you know the game's shit and your're trying to defend it, even to yourself. You didn't come here because you liked the game, you came here because you didn't know how to feel about it, got here, found the site too harsh.
You obviously know WHY we hate it, as the reasons are often in the same topic. Stop looking for a attention.
You cant write this shit...Oh, well, I guess you can...
ntMurkster
SDF!
SDF!

Post by ntMurkster »

yeah that was priceless
NinjaJesus
SDF!
SDF!

Post by NinjaJesus »

Yonmanc wrote:
NinjaJesus wrote:Too me, it just looks like you guys refuse to take off your nostalgia goggles.
Yonmanc

Post by Yonmanc »

NinjaJesus wrote:
Yonmanc wrote:
So far, you have a total of 6 posts, 3 of them are replies to mine.

That's 50% of your posts devoted to me.
:chick:

I'm still not gonna blow you.
NinjaJesus
SDF!
SDF!

Post by NinjaJesus »

:(
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

Young love aside, NJ, it was Fallout 1/2's superb writing and depth that made it an immense, unforgettable experience. Beside the many, many technical errors that make us dislike Fallout 3, it is the shallow nature of its creative composition and seemingly-half-assed presentation (and the arrogance to allow a half-assed product to share the label of masterpieces) that makes original Fallout fans dislike it.
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by King of Creation »

You give Fallout 3 the awesome writing, story and quest options, and better roleplaying mechanics that the first 2 had - but you keep Fallout 3's graphics.....then you have the makings of a great game. A game where the graphics are so good, but a great game nonetheless.

Everyone comes here thinking we have beef only because of the engine that Bethesda uses. I, for one, don't give a shit anymore. We got over our Fallout: First Person issues a long time ago.

Like I've said countless times before, what we hate is the fact that they've turned Fallout 3 into a crappy hybrid shooter. And the writing was horrible by any standards.
<a href="http://www.duckandcover.cx">Duck and Cover: THE Site for all of your Fallout needs since 1998</a>
Caleb
Strider
Strider

Post by Caleb »

Don't forget the voice acting...that book bitch's voice was unbearable. 'Oh golly gee! I'm sorry that little mister landmine hurt you!'
...signatures? WTF?
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

The impression I got was that Moira was purposely made obnoxious.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by King of Creation »

Retlaw83 wrote:The impression I got was that Moira was purposely made obnoxious.
That probably would have been more obviously had the rest of the characters not been just as annoying.
<a href="http://www.duckandcover.cx">Duck and Cover: THE Site for all of your Fallout needs since 1998</a>
bear_grylls
SDF!
SDF!

Post by bear_grylls »

the only thing i enjoyed outta fo3 was jericho, kinda reminds me of carl from athf, other than that the game was eh...
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

bear_grylls wrote:the only thing i enjoyed outta fo3 was jericho, kinda reminds me of carl from athf, other than that the game was eh...
Did seem like it could have been the same voice actor. Or at least a relative.
Our Host!