Infected Mushroom

Talk about music, movies, TV, books, other types of entertainment and what your vices are. Also, if you're addicted to the high you get off Aspirin, this is the place to talk about it.
Neon Dingo
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Neon Dingo »

I liked "Spitfire" a lot, but when you look at the lyrics, it's a bit retarded. "If I was in World War 2 they'd call me spitfire, cause you know that I can."

"The Way It Is" is a decent track, but compare it to "Diesel Power" (again, really great lyrics here) and the insane rapping skills of Dr. Octagon and it falls flat.

And "Phoenix" as an instrumental track definitely doesn't have that epic, cinematic feel of "Climbatized" or even earlier instrumental work such as "Weather Experience." Nothing memorable here at all. Just a lot of snake charm sounding stuff. Nothing special.

I know I'm doing a lot of comparisons, but you have to realize that Liam just doesn't have it anymore. He can't write music worth shit. Maybe it even has something to do with the fact that he used Reason 2.0 to write this album instead of Cubase, maybe he doesn't know the software as good. I don't know. It's just sad that my former favorite band can't even put out a good album.

Don't you think it's saying something about the state of Prodigy when Liam himself didn't think "Baby's Got a Temper" was a good track? He actually felt ashamed to have released it, though I actually thought it was a lot better than the majority of AONO.

Liam Howlett: "The Prodigy doesn't do adverts."

*watches BMW commercial featuring "You'll Be Under My Wheels"*

O, how the mighty have fallen...
This sentence has thirty-two letters.
the guardian
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by the guardian »

Neon Dingo wrote:
Infected Mushroom is kind of neat, a lot of their music has drug themes, which I can dig. They're from Israel, you know!
What drug themes? How can Trance have a theme? Even the vocals they use aren't even close. And yes, I sort of noticed they're from Israel.
But really, the best group in electronic music today is Massive Attack.
I realy wouldn't call Massive Attack Electronic Music... they're great, granted, but don't quite fall under the catagory of Electronic.

As for the Prodigy discussion, I'm not that much of a fan of them... to me they fall into the catagory of Music-I-Will-Dance-To-When-Stinking-Drunk
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Prodigy's best tracks are the ones without vocals, Climbatize, Pandemonium... Althought I liked Narayan, One Love and Mindfields a lot.
Subhuman
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by Subhuman »

Neon Dingo wrote:Don't you think it's saying something about the state of Prodigy when Liam himself didn't think "Baby's Got a Temper" was a good track?
Well, it wasn't. Isn't that why he ditched Keith Flint et al. and basically made his own album? It was smart of him to recognize that the band was becoming a parody of itself and try to rework their sound from scratch.
the guardian wrote:I realy wouldn't call Massive Attack Electronic Music... they're great, granted, but don't quite fall under the catagory of Electronic.
Trip-hop falls under the "electronic" category, yes. MA have gotten more electronic as the years went by - Blue Lines is almost all acoustic.
the guardian
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by the guardian »

I admit I haven't heard Blue Lines, so I'll take your word for it.
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

This discussion is Boring.
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

I also concur also agree also pain4 also
Neon Dingo
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Neon Dingo »

You're a Boring.
What drug themes? How can Trance have a theme? Even the vocals they use aren't even close. And yes, I sort of noticed they're from Israel.
Oh, I dunno, maybe it has something to do with the fact that they write songs named after drugs? They're pretty deep rooted in the Israeli club scene. Download "LSD."
Well, it wasn't. Isn't that why he ditched Keith Flint et al. and basically made his own album? It was smart of him to recognize that the band was becoming a parody of itself and try to rework their sound from scratch.
You're right about this, actually. I went and read some articles on it (www.brainkiller.it), and it makes sense why he's not on the album at all. Randomly inserting date rape drug references in songs to create controversy does not equal good music. Maybe Flint should stick to sub-par metal bands that do Marilyn Manson covers?

Massive Attack is technically "trip-hop," but I think that's kind of a lame label. I'd rather use a really general label of "electronic" instead of some made up sub-genre that music reviewers come out with everytime an artist brings something new and original to the table (i.e. "acid house," "big beat," "nu skool happy hardcore").

Kill your parents, then kill yourself.
Subhuman

Post by Subhuman »

I still can't get a straight answer as to what the fuck acid house is, so I agree. But trip-hop is pretty easy to define: hip-hop with a more rhythmic beat, and some electronic flourishes. I think.
atoga wrote:This discussion is Boring.
Because we've gone 15 whole posts without a single mention of bukkake or Goatse?
axelgreese
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by axelgreese »

Edit by S4ur0n27 - Not worksafe - http://img104.exs.cx/img104/2350/minionashley.jpg

It's still hilarious so I'll leave it D;
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Hey, thanks for the input, axllll
Forty-six & Two
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Forty-six & Two »

axelgreese wrote:Edit by S4ur0n27 - Not worksafe - http://img104.exs.cx/img104/2350/minionashley.jpg

It's still hilarious so I'll leave it D;
I dont think ive ever seen a less satisfied face then hers, my entire life... poor chick.
the guardian
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by the guardian »

Neon Dingo wrote:
Oh, I dunno, maybe it has something to do with the fact that they write songs named after drugs? They're pretty deep rooted in the Israeli club scene. Download "LSD."
Let me start by saying that you're a moron for all those colors you just sprayed all over your posts. Secondly, you're a fucking moron because LSD is Hallucinogen's track, only some idiot, who was probably just as stupid as you, decided to rename the track and declare that IM made it. If you were one of those wierdos that actually purchases CDs once in a while, you'd of known that, what with LSD being one of Hallucinogen's more renowned tracks. Not only that, but I can fetch interviews where they commented that they're against the use of drugs, in general. Last, but not least, you just wrote that a trance group have written a song. I'll let you think this one over yourself, dumbass.
Hello New Jersey
Aneurysm
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Aneurysm »

How many albums do they have ? I searched the web, but I got different info.
the guardian
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by the guardian »

Not including the EPs, 5.
Neon Dingo
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Neon Dingo »

Wow, I guess I'm a moron for downloading a mislabelled MP3? I guess I am a blithering fucking idiot because someone out there sucks and can't label their MP3s right.

Christ, the standards I have to live up to on the internet.

And I did the color thing on purpose because I knew someone would take the time to bitch about it.

Oh, and Crystal Method is good, if you haven't heard.
the guardian
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by the guardian »

Don't forget being an idiot for calling a trance track a song.
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

Neon Dingo wrote:Oh, and Crystal Method is good, if you haven't heard.
No argument, mostly. :drunk:
Spazmo

Post by Spazmo »

Neon Dingo wrote:Wow, I guess I'm a moron for downloading a mislabelled MP3? I guess I am a blithering fucking idiot because someone out there sucks and can't label their MP3s right.
Yeah, you're a stupid fucking inbred retarded shitlick brainless cretin.
How appropriate. You fight like a cow.

RPG Codex
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

Mr Bungle rules, yo. Neon Dingo still has down's syndrome, though.
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
Our Host!