Game you're playing. How far you are.

Discuss anything from Age of Empires to Wasteland. Any gaming talk that isn't Fallout-related goes here.
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by King of Creation »

I just started playing Arkham City. I'm definitely enjoying it so far.
<a href="http://www.duckandcover.cx">Duck and Cover: THE Site for all of your Fallout needs since 1998</a>
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

Pretty much just started playing Diablo 3 and my friends are already way ahead so I'm playing by myself. I also still haven't finished ME 3 :(
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

I still haven't been able to upgrade from the guest account yet. But it's fun, granted all of John Cheese's points in his Cracked article about it were valid.
Tofu Man
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Tofu Man »

Wouldn't touch it with a 50 foot pole (also, Cheese missed a wonderful opportunity to make sense by putting it out there before or instead of buying the damn thing, the cunt).
Revolver Stungun said it best:
Then I remember that if I was on RPS I'd have had to devote part of my one precious and irreplaceable life to playing Diablo 3, and everything's alright again.

A few of my favourite lines from this morning's Eurogamer coverage:

"What all the Diablo 3 Error messages mean, and what to do about them"

"UK launch video, images, Iain Lee, people in wizard costumes"

"Though the downloader may show 100%, please allow some time for it to fully complete."

"The server is full. This is likely due to high login traffic. The only solution is to keep trying to log in."

"If you're still running into this issue, there may be an error in your foreign language appdata files. Some players have found a workaround, but please be aware the steps they provide are not something we can currently support."

"Error 3004, 3006, 3007, or 300008 – There are a number of possible causes for these errors."

The future of videogaming, there, viewers. No thanks.
No thanks, indeed. :duckie:
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Stay awhile and error 37.

Post by Blargh »

Honestly, if you're so ready to confess to being one of THEM, just indulge in some patience for Torchlight 2, Grim Dawn, or don't, or replay bloody Titan Quest, or don't, or whateverthefuck. :drunk:
Tofu Man
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Diablo, it's like a hotdog without a bun. Or a sausage.

Post by Tofu Man »

Definitely, don't. Whateverthefuck is right, took about me half a pass of Diablo 2 to wise up to it; one keyboard headbutt later, I couldn't be bothered to give more than a quarter-fuck about anything even mildly semblant.

If the admins had a knack for business, they'd rename the site Diablo and Cookies and have part of this 6-million strong tard troupe and their propensity for pointless clickety-click at work on the ads to help solve the whole DaConomy. But alas, they'd probably stumble for not having the whole error 37 portion of the gameplay down pat, and that's the meat and 2 veg in Diablo, apparently. :duckie:
jimmypneumatic
Wanderer
Wanderer

Re: Diablo, it's like a hotdog without a bun. Or a sausage.

Post by jimmypneumatic »

Tofu Man wrote:...If the admins had a knack for business, they'd rename the site Diablo and Cookies and have part of this 6-million strong tard troupe and their propensity for pointless clickety-click at work on the ads
Considering that good idea probably was a close 2nd to the real money ah plan... I'd say give this guy a 100k+ leather trimmed 50x50 in Blizzard HQ.

Also, I want the game to be exactly what I imagined. WTT for epic Q&A...
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Crusader Kings 2 rocks your faces, niggahz.
Superhaze
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Superhaze »

S4ur0n27 wrote:Crusader Kings 2 rocks your faces, niggahz.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Can't wait for Sword of Islam and 1.06.
Tofu Man
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Tofu Man »

PS2 multiple choice/endings, samurai flick wannabe- action game by the name of Way of the Samurai 2. Pleasant enough, satisfying combat and all but the leaps Alpha Protocol took since, in cinematic, multiple answer, story driven game with different endings/consequences really shows. Also, midgame is a total uncinematic grind; a chore of completing oddjobs for money whose only purpose is to either marginally improve your sword (which is mostly pointless) or to buy vanity items (which is completely pointless). Also also, so-bad-that-it's-not-even-unintentionally-funny voice acting. Also³, kicking children. :duckie:
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

Been cycling through my Mechwarrior catalog since I've been pending to get into the MWO beta for what seems like an eternity.

I've waited ten years for a new Mechwarrior game and having to wait this last month is killing me.
Superhaze
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Superhaze »

The last mech game I played was Chrome-hounds which was pretty good. Lego-style customisation, online persistent world combat and squad based deathmatch gameplay. Servers are shut down now, so its too late to get back in the mech.

Hawken looks like an ok free-to-play mech game, but will probably end up being pay-to-win like all other free to play games out there.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Completed Mass Effect 3. The ending was disappointing, as promised by the internet crowds, but otherwise the game was quite enjoyable. Surprisingly many things carry over from the previous games in form of surviving NPCs, the choices made by the player etc. Sure, they are just cosmetic things, since the ending is what it is, but they were pretty well done in my opinion. Gave a proper illusion of choice & consequence.
S4ur0n27 wrote:Can't wait for Sword of Islam and 1.06.
I had the chance to try out CKII that my friend had bought. As soon as SoI expansion comes out, I'm gonna buy the whole package!
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Kashluk wrote:
S4ur0n27 wrote:Can't wait for Sword of Islam and 1.06.
I had the chance to try out CKII that my friend had bought. As soon as SoI expansion comes out, I'm gonna buy the whole package!
Best game I've played in a long time. Some people complain every playthrough is the same, but it depends on your playing style. If you try to conquer the whole map every time... then of course it'll be repetitive. And the game is so huge and complex, it can't be 100% balanced so you can find some exploits there and there, just don't use them.

It's a strategy game but it focus on your dynasty, and you have to roleplay it a bit, give yourself new objectives , etc.

In an era where Civilization games are going the simple way with fancy graphics, I rather play CKII and all it's depth.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

And you can't even play CK2 the way you played the original. I remember back in the days when I played Crusader Kings with Sweden and I managed to either directly conquer or turn into vassals over 90 % of the provinces on the map. Sure, there were rebellions every now and then, but I still managed to keep it all together. Which is, of course, completely unrealistic.

My first big surprise with the sequel was that when I tried to hold together my puny kingdom of two dozen provinces and half a dozen vassals, it always felt apart every single time my king died and his heir rose to power. The focus is much more heavier on the relationships between lords and the managing of the dynasty instead of conquering land through brute force. The amount of help you recieve from your vassals seems to be better linked to your relationship / existing power hierarchies in your vassal network.

EDIT: Speaking of which... http://store.steampowered.com/sale/ParadoxWeekend_2012
S4ur0n27 wrote:In an era where Civilization games are going the simple way with fancy graphics, I rather play CKII and all it's depth.
Quoted For Emphasis
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Awesome, I can now have a legit version D;

The game also hides a bunch of surprising events/twists that you won't experience on your first game. And the devs are adding stuff with every patch.

I mean, how many games get free content added, devs listening to the fanbase to see what needs to be fixed, what kind of DLC they want, etc? EA should take notes.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Kashluk wrote:
S4ur0n27 wrote:In an era where Civilization games are going the simple way with fancy graphics, I rather play CKII and all it's depth.
Quoted For Emphasis
Civ 5 was such a gigantic disappointment for me. I was eagerly waiting for this game, except every details that came out in previews made me doubt. I think I cried when I played it for the first time; I knew Civ was dead :(
SenisterDenister

Post by SenisterDenister »

I took advantage of the sale and got A House Divided, the DLC for Victoria II. It really fixes everything, and its made my usual run through as Texas a lot more challenging to say the least.
Tofu Man
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Tofu Man »

Happened upon a Gamasutra article that's so bitter and cynical, it might as well have been written by me. In fact, I'm kinda jealous it wasn't, except that'd imply actually having attended the E3 (yuck). Worthy of a front page reply of sorts, only there's nothing much that needs be added. I'll just leave it here.

http://gamasutra.com/view/news/172088/F ... lusion.php
Our Host!