Fallout 3: Your thoughts

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
Smiley
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Smiley »

Well it's added posters like you to our usergroup, so it has done SOMETHING positive.
Testicular Pugilist
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Frater Perdurabo »

Nono, it must have been the "forum revamp" that attracted this guy here.
MadBill
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by MadBill »

Jimmyjay86 wrote:Try playing a melee character with VATS. It will drive you batty insane
Biggest disappointment ever :(
The era of thrusting a super sledge into your opponents eyes is over :(
I can't wait for a melee aimed shot mod.
I miss the good ol' USSA.
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

Smiley, smiley, smiley... so gracious.

Anybody have a count of the new SDF posters?
Haris
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Haris »

Well if you still dont like fallout 3 you just have not played it long enough.

Everything you do does affect the world just like in previous fallouts.
Npcs dialogs change according to you char and missions you done so far.
Alot of locations remind you off fallout 1 and 2. Like the big ship that people live in.

Weapon repair system is well balanced where you use weapons you find to repair weapons you allredy have. This removes having to carry 25 of the same gun on you when you loot stuff.

Skills can only be raised to 100 wich i find to be good. It never lets you become imortal like it did in fallout 2.

The world is not small at all, it has a huge underground metro system and you must use it to get to certain cool locations that are sourounded by ruins and not accessable unless you go trough underground. Took me like 6 hours to find a location in one quest.

And the best of all there is tons of refferences to old fallouts. Plus there are some new cool things that would really be spoilers if i wrote them here but they made me really love this game.
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

It still doesn't compare to Wasteland Merc, though. B)
[HpA]SniperPotato
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by [HpA]SniperPotato »

Harris is the gayest nigga alive.
Fallout Tactics multiplayer: COOPnet and MegaCOOP map pack
popscythe
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by popscythe »

Haris wrote:I really like oblivion
If you honestly can't see what's wrong with your writing, you're definitely hard up for an actual rpg. I will be glad to address some of these points when I finally get disgusted of tromping through oblivion2 for a few terrible minutes at a time though. Thanks for proverbially painting the target on the wall.
"I've decided that if positive affirmations can "cure cancer" then negative affirmations can cause cancer. Chant with me: Fuck you and Die, Todd Howard. Fuck you and Die, Todd Howard. Fuck you and Die, Todd Howard."
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

Haris wrote:Well if you still dont like fallout 3 you just have not played it long enough..
I've played it to completion and then some. Please explain to me how letting the sheriff die in Megaton effects a damn thing. I've only seen one character even NOTICE it.
Aonaran
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Aonaran »

Finally got around to finishing the main quest. Completely fucking absurd. There is a really fun SPINOFF in that DVD so long as you don't play the MQ, otherwise whatever good they have done with this game is completely lost. Some welcome stuff makes the transition over, such as talking an enemy into offing themselves, but none of it is original. What IS original to the game often misses. Fallout 3 is not a true sequel. Really.
my vocabulary skills is above you.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Haris wrote:Skills can only be raised to 100 wich i find to be good. It never lets you become imortal like it did in fallout 2.
Shit, you're already nearly immortal at the beginning. I wanted to showcase VATS to one of my friend who came over, so I started shooting with the first real gun you get(not the BB, I think it's the 10mm?) in Megaton, and I eradicated everyone without even using strategy. And once I had no more bullets I took out my baseball bat to kill off the remaining people, and didn't have any problem. I had to go out of the town and the robot killed me.

Also, what the fuck is it with respawning? We're not in a goddamn MMO I think?
Nicolai
ASSHAT
ASSHAT

Post by Nicolai »

The generic Megaton residents respawn, but the named characters don't. :aiee: Can be a bit funny sometimes if they accidentally fall off a platform and die.
Haris
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Haris »

Npcs respawned in fallout 2. I would argue more but i got no time for that. I been playing all day. And yes your actions affect npcs dialogs as much as they did in fallout 1 and 2. Try blowing up megaton for example and you will hear about it for a long time in the game.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

I was talking about you respawing when you die :aiee: Totally kills it for me.
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

Haris wrote:Npcs respawned in fallout 2. I would argue more but i got no time for that. I been playing all day. And yes your actions affect npcs dialogs as much as they did in fallout 1 and 2. Try blowing up megaton for example and you will hear about it for a long time in the game.
No they didn't. NPCs stayed dead in both the original Fallouts. Maybe you're thinking of Wasteland Merc?

I destroyed Megaton and haven't noticed a single thing with it. Wow wee a room at Ten Penny Tower.
Haris
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Haris »

Stainless wrote:
Haris wrote:Npcs respawned in fallout 2. I would argue more but i got no time for that. I been playing all day. And yes your actions affect npcs dialogs as much as they did in fallout 1 and 2. Try blowing up megaton for example and you will hear about it for a long time in the game.
No they didn't. NPCs stayed dead in both the original Fallouts. Maybe you're thinking of Wasteland Merc?

I destroyed Megaton and haven't noticed a single thing with it. Wow wee a room at Ten Penny Tower.
They didnt stay dead in fallout 2. There where several junkies that would respawn in fallout 2 after killing entire town.

And if you have not noticed any changes in dialouges after destroying megaton than as i said you havent played enough.
Myron
Regular
Regular

Post by Myron »

I can't belive that i've been waiting 7 years for this piece of shit... This is a precise copy of Oblivion only with powder and laser guns... even the main file is .esm wich makes me belive that you might have a surprise if you open it with the Oblivion Construction Set. The game is nice but only if you forget about the expectations we all had about fallout 3. To make this post a lot shorter here goes a list of the good and bad things.

BAD

- it sucks
- few weapons (and like it wasn't enough they degrade too fast)
- easy to get stuck in places from wich you can't get out
- irealistic damage and accuracy
- bad decals (wounds and bullet holes in walls)
- traders need loans
- Agility no longer determines how fast you are in combat if you dont use VATS when this shoulded be reflected in your movement speed, jump magnitude, time interval between shots when using non automatic weapons and reload time when not using VATS
- Ammo and weapons are too cheap (i even sold a rocket launcher for 22 bucks)
- you can walk across walls in a lot of places
- can't recall any more right now but there is a lot more

GOOD

- uses a slightly improved version of the Oblivion graphics engine
- great scenarios
- nice gore

To me this game gets a 6 out of 10
Jet Motherfucker... JET!!!
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

S4ur0n27 wrote:I was talking about you respawing when you die :aiee: Totally kills it for me.
That seems to be the trend with modern games, I guess. People are too wussies? "Boo-hoo, my character died, I think I will return this game to the store and get my refund" :chew: It was done pretty well in Far Cry 2, but in most games (BIOSHLOCK) it's just way too fucking blunt.
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

Haris wrote:
Stainless wrote:

They didnt stay dead in fallout 2. There where several junkies that would respawn in fallout 2 after killing entire town.

And if you have not noticed any changes in dialouges after destroying megaton than as i said you havent played enough.
If I play the game for some 8-odd hours and haven't heard a mention about it, then the fault isn't on my end. I still disagree with your respawning junkies also.
Haris
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Haris »

I still disagree with your respawning junkies also.
Than you have not played fallout 2 enough eather.

Fallout comunity has for a long time bashed this game without even knowing how it is. And now when its released most of those rabid fans are grasping after total bullshit flaws just so it would turn out they where right. Most often they point out flaws that where much worse in fallout 1 and 2. Everything you did in fallout 2 did not change everyones reactions towards you.

What was it in fallout 2, you get raped in the ass by supermutant and than chinese dudes in san fran moch you for it. Most npcs had oneliner dialogs and game was not so big at all. You had like 30 random encounter maps and 18 locations to visit plus 10 special encounter maps. The game was 10 times more buged than fallout 3. I remember buying fallout 2 halfpriced the day it was released and salesman said its cause its to buged, they could not charge it full price.

There is not much less weapons in fallout 3 than there was in fallout 1 or 2. You just dont get them all at once. Some come with special encounters, like alien blaster, some are made by combining weapons and junk you looted.

And bullshit about the game not being true to original. Fuck its 100 times more true to fallout 1 and 2 than tactics ever was. And than again its the same bull these same fanboys where pulling abuot fallout 2 when it was released. It sucked compared to fallout 1 for them.
Our Host!