MAD MAX

Discuss the creation and scripting of new fan-made games and mods for the Fallout series of games.
The Road Warrior
SDF!
SDF!

MAD MAX

Post by The Road Warrior »

Have you ever seen the 3 Mad Max movies? If you have I kinda wanna make it sorta like that. Make the main mission what they are in the movies and edit the highwayman to an Interceptor. And yeah
Red
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Red »

I have albeit I don't recall the last one as it's been to long. I rented the first two a year or so ago though.

As for integrating the actual feeling into the game I'd think you'd need vehicles, something you can't really do with Fallout...
Jimmyjay86

Post by Jimmyjay86 »

I just saw The Road Warrior again recently and part of Beyond Thunderdome. Road Warrior is very much a car combat theme. From what I remember Mad Max is too. I don't think it would work too well as a Fallout mod. You may want to consider it as a FOT map although the thing that is missing is an oil tanker truck. If you consider yourself a true modder you may want to start making a 3d model of such a truck to export as a sprite. And maybe a couple more Road Warrior type vehicles. If you could actually do those things and create a Mad-Max mission for FOT it would be very well received.
The Road Warrior
SDF!
SDF!

So your saying that FOT would be the way to go with the whole thing
Jimmyjay86

Post by Jimmyjay86 »

It may work out for you and if you have the game you might want to give it a try. The only thing to really make it work is to find a way to make AI vehicles that can attack you and it may be possible to do that.
The Road Warrior
SDF!
SDF!

MAD MAX

OK when i get FOT,what is the best program to use to edit it all?? And how easy will it be
Jimmyjay86

Post by Jimmyjay86 »

Well they come with editors when you install the patch so use those to create new maps, characters, etc. They don't come with sprite editors so you will have to use "Spray" and Red has a tile editor you can use. Creating sprites and tiles are not easy so I wouldn't recommend trying unless you have some good 3d program, Photoshop, and lots of time. But the level editor has the capabilities to make something similar to what you want to do. Dialogue trees like in Fallout are not easily done so don't expect much there. And don't expect to create something huge right away with the editors, there is a learning curve. So try creating a simple map or two before you get any grandiose ideas.
Snake
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Snake »

You don't have to limit your self to the three films
Why not make some missions that fit the Max profile
Remember Snale and "Escape From New York"?
There was gunna be a TV series but it got canned
How did he lose the eye? What happened in that card game, etc
See what I mean you can write your enounters
All you need is some bad guys, a fast car and axe to grind
"Call me Snake"
Our Host!