Fo2 modded into Fo1

Discuss the creation and scripting of new fan-made games and mods for the Fallout series of games.
Mack_The_Knife
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Fo2 modded into Fo1

Post by Mack_The_Knife »

Hmm... how about implementing Fallout 2's niftier party controls in fallout 1? Is there any simple awnser to this problem? I mean, it would PROBABLY stomp out of existence the proverbial "Ian burst-firing into the PC's rectum" issue with fallout 1... I HAVE AN IDEA... you fine modding folk probably know of a better way... but... how about turning fallout 2 into a fac-simile of fallout 1... PATIENTLY mod every single location and character in fallout 2 to make it look exactly like 1, except with a more advanced player's party interface, and actual perks... and possibly more locations, and items, and enemies (like rabid albino brahmin), and... and... the only reason I don't do this myself is because I am FAR too INEPT... and also I've never played Fallout 1 (OH FOR SHAME) - I've read plenty of walkthroughs, but I have yet failed to play the real thing... back in 1997 I was far too busy playing with myself (I was 12, and I found out I had this amazing new skill)... In '98 , however, jerking-off wasn't as much of a novelty, so I went and surrenderd to fallout 2... Anyway, is there any BIG HE-MAN out there willing to take on this gigantic task of de-sequelizing fallout 2?
I'm the genuine "Gun In a Can" Man!!! Not to mention Hard Boiled.
Red
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Red »

Basically it should be possible, however the scripting engine and map formats, not to mention most of the data files have changed between the two games, so basically this would be a massive undertaking, only to upgrade a few points within the game (basically the only things added would be the "take all" button, better controls over NPCs, the extra 0 when trading and the push button.

Now I figure if someone was to do all this work they might as well use this time and fix a few bugs within the game too which would be possible.

But all in all there would be too few features/bug fixes added to an already working game to be worth the effort.

Of course some people might be nuts enough to undertake this anyway, but I doubt it.
Mad Max RW
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Mad Max RW »

How about the ability to push people out of your way? Can't be as complicated. I hate having some dumbass kid stand in a doorway, locking me in there for 2 days.
Red

Post by Red »

Nope, that implies porting everything.

The only thing we can do in the game without too much of a bother would be the bugs...
Wasteland Ghost
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Wasteland Ghost »

How about the ability to push people out of your way? Can't be as complicated.
But it is :). Without function push_p_proc Fallout 2 doesn't give this ability. So you must write this function for all Fallout 1 objects. Complicated? :)

I thought about this, but it will take a lot of time and will be a biggest MOD :).
Our Host!