Is a Mapper in fallout2.exe?

Discuss the creation and scripting of new fan-made games and mods for the Fallout series of games.
Helios2000
SDF!
SDF!

Is a Mapper in fallout2.exe?

Post by Helios2000 »

Hi
I have disassambled the fallout2.exe and I found often the word Mapper in it.Can it be that the Mapper is hidden in the exe?

And still a question.In fallout2/scripts is an program his name is compare2.com for what is it?
Dims
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Re: Is a Mapper in fallout2.exe?

Post by Dims »

Helios2000 wrote:Hi
I have disassambled the fallout2.exe and I found often the word Mapper in it.Can it be that the Mapper is hidden in the exe?
It was in EXE, after release Black Isle delete mapper code from source. :cry:
Red
Hero of the Glowing Lands
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Red »

If i remember correctly compare2 is just a binary compare to verify changes to files... Course I probably remember wrong... There's also the mapper.lbm (or whatever) file you can find in the DATs which seems to contain relevant GUI stuff for their own mapper.

And Dims, when you mention "removed" you mean they replaced the data with nops/nulls, just "cut it out", or used a "no-mapper-compile"? I'm guessing the third personally as it seems the most obvious.
Stealth Rabbit
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Stealth Rabbit »

i found something cool on the fallout 1 cd. it was the basis for movement. it actually let you create your own landscapes by coloring them.
Behold my ignorance and sloth, for I am AMERICAN!
<a href="mailto::cha0srf@aol.com" Subject= "SPAM ME!">MAIL ALL OF YOUR SPAM RIGHT HERE!</a>
Our Host!