I'll go first!

Discuss anything from Age of Empires to Wasteland. Any gaming talk that isn't Fallout-related goes here.
Jimmyjay86
Hero of the Glowing Lands
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Jimmyjay86 »

I hadn't thought of that guy at the mutant base. But I don't think you can save him, but I'll look into it to see if you can do something with that. Thanks.
Gehenna
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Copywrong?

Post by Gehenna »

Actually, I'm pretty sure that Wasteland has been included in Interplay's collections. I don't think that EA has the legal rights to it.

Unless Interplay sold them....
Temaperacl
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Temaperacl »

Nah- Interplay was just the developer for Wasteland for EA. Unless things have changed, EA still has the rights to Wasteland. I think Interplay just licenses the rights for certain products (like the collection(s) it was released as part of.).
Jimbo san
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Jimbo san »

Heh, just managed to find an old battered copy in my local "ye olde game shoppe". Couple of quid, that's all. Whack it in and WTF?!?! Did i pay money for this crud? But then i play, and get beyond the hideous graphics and unfriendly interface, and i get addicted. Next thing i know it's two in the morning. It's like Fallout all over again. My "graphics tart" mate who loves Return to Castle Wolfenstein thinks i have blown a fuse, but i care not, i am in love. Sweet. Wish me luck! :D
Temaperacl
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Temaperacl »

It's good to hear that someone else has gotten into Wasteland.. Good Luck, and have fun!
morris
SDF!
SDF!

Re: Copywrong?

Post by morris »

Gehenna wrote:Actually, I'm pretty sure that Wasteland has been included in Interplay's collections. I don't think that EA has the legal rights to it.

Unless Interplay sold them....
Yeah, EA still has the legal rights to the wasteland name... thats why Fallout was called Fallout, and not something wasteland-related. Anyway, I remember my first time through I made one badass guy, and cloned him 6 times. got rid of all other NPC's ... heheh those were the days. I loved those cloning machines.... Oh, one of my guys died? I'll just replace him.
Our Host!