Fallout 2- Weapon Mod Issues

Discuss the creation and scripting of new fan-made games and mods for the Fallout series of games.
Shadow Hunter
SDF!
SDF!

Fallout 2- Weapon Mod Issues

Post by Shadow Hunter »

Hi. A couple of newbie questions here. I apologize if they've already been addressed, but I didn't see anything on the boards about them, so...

1) I'm using FIC to modify the weapons. The problem is, burst weapons seem to have their sound effects switched whenever I modify anything about them- meaning the burst sound plays for a single shot, and vice versa. Is this just something weird I should accept, or am I doing something wrong?

2) What exactly determines what weapon skill is used for a particular weapon? Is it hard-coded (like, determined by the weapon ID number, or maybe the ID number of its ammo), or is it somehow changeable? Basically, if I wanted to change the Small Gun in a particular item slot to an Energy Weapon, or make the Rocket Launcher use the Small Gun skill (yeah right), could I do it?

I do know how to hex-edit, if that's what is needed to do what I want to do. (Only problem is finding the offsets...)

Thanks,

-S
Our Host!